[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sofa League Draft

spain

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree. Most teams are RB heavy. Whatever pick they make, there is a good chance Suggs will be available on the next pick. (6th)

354870[/snapback]

Neither Suggs or Tiki will be around in the 6th. You might get Travis Minor there, but Suggs and Tiki will be long gone. Some other teams will start taking their 3rd RB in the 5th and 6th rounds. The Huddle will be lucky if TJ Duckett is available in the 6th.

I don't know if you've been paying attention to Giants camp, but there's a new coach in town who HATES fumbles, and is giving Dayne every chance to win the job.

354888[/snapback]

I've paid attention to the last several Giants camps. I wouldn't touch Ron "Mr. August" Dayne with a stick.

I would feel OK taking Barber here.

Edited by Vet

I feel the same way about Barber. I just don't like him. I'm not saying Dayne is any better, I just think the Huddle should pass on Tiki. I don't like the NYG offensive line, and I don't like the fact that Eli Manning is going to be the starter at some point in the year. Granted, Cleveland's line isn't a whole lot better, but they won't be starting a rookie QB. I really like DeShaun Foster, but it is way too early for him. Maybe he will be available in the sixth.

Edited by CaptainHook

Who are we looking at here?

Tiki?

Wheatley?

Dunn?

George?

Suggs?

Suggs seems to be a reach here and, I dunno -- Tiki doesn't look so bad among that group. Any TE would be a reach unless you want to get daring and go after Winslow, who I bet goes before they pick again. Think you get more value with RB than WR here.

You guys would really take Suggs over Barber? I'm not saying that's bad, just seems awfully risky. I mean, if I had to make a bet between Cleveland having a successful running game or Ron Dayne getting himself benched again, I know where I'd put my money.

Edit to add: And you don't want to be the first team to draft a Brownie, do ya? Look what happened to people who followed that strategy last year. :D

Edited by The Misfit

I'm not really as concerned about Dayne taking the job as I am that I think the Giants are going to be really awful. Their o-line is a mess. Of the others you mentioned, I think Suggs has the most potential. I agree, there is some risk, but with LdT, Manning, and Ward already on the team, I think it's a good risk.

You're going to get a RB with question marks at this point in the draft. Wheatley is crap, George has the rookie Jones behind him, Dunn has to deal with Duckett and injuries, so I think it comes down to Suggs and Barber.

Edited by CaptainHook

I'm not really as concerned about Dayne taking the job as I am that I think the Giants are going to be really awful.  Their o-line is a mess.  Of the others you mentioned, I think Suggs has the most potential.  I agree, there is some risk, but with LdT, Manning, and Ward already on the team, I think it's a good risk.

354937[/snapback]

And, of course, you do make an excellent point about the Giants being awful this year.

I haven't gone through every post in this thread, but assuming you have to start 2 RBs in this league, I think you have to grab your 2nd Rb here. Too risky to wait until #71. Personally, I'd take Barber and be thankful I got him at #50. If you're really high on Suggs, OK I can see that...but you're rolling the dice on a guy who hasn't done anything in the NFL. And I think Suggs "job" (if he even has it yet) is more at risk than Tiki's. William Green, as screwed up as he may be off the field, is better than Lee Suggs, so Suggs' job is going to be in constant jeapoardy this year. I'd take the more proven commodity at this point. And, again, I wouldn't worry too much about Ron Dayne. Coughlin has made it clear that Dayne's job is to get the tough inside yardage. Yeah, he had 2 nice long TD runs in the first preseason game, but he also failed on both 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 runs in the 3rd quarter of that game. So, I consider his first preseason game a failure in terms of what the Giants are looking for him to do. Tiki is still the main man for Big Blue.

NYG were awful last year too and Tiki posted repectable #s last year. I'm thinking Tiki here and maybe lock up the postion with Dayne down the road.

I didn't mean for it to sound like the reason I wouldn't take Barber is because I think he'll lose the job to Dayne. I DO think Dayne will get some carries this year, but how many, I'm not sure. As I said earlier, I am more worried about the Giants offense than anything else. Suggs is a definite risk, but I think it has a higher chance of reward than Barber. The safer pick is Barber. I'd feel a lot better if I knew Foster would be there when the Huddle picks again.

I'm not in love with the guy but if you told me before the draft that I could still get Tiki in the 5th I'd be very happy about it. Granted, I'd more than likely already have 2 RBs so I'd either be taking Tiki as my 3rd or a QB at this point.

Tiki Barber had 3 TD's last year. 2 rushing, 1 receiving. That sucks. On the plus side, he did have 1,216 yards rushing and 461 receiving. I just think you could expect about the same, or worse from Tiki. What can you say, I'm a sucker for potential, lol. I think Suggs has more upside than that.

Tiki Barber had 3 TD's last year.  2 rushing, 1 receiving.  That sucks.  On the plus side, he did have 1,216 yards rushing and 461 receiving.  I just think you could expect about the same, or worse from Tiki.  What can you say, I'm a sucker for potential, lol.  I think Suggs has more upside than that.

354985[/snapback]

no argument with you here....the question is whether Suggs upside is big enough to mitigate his downside, which IMO Suggs downside is much bigger than Tiki's. Boils down to risk management. Proven performer with limited upside and limited downside OR unproven RB with big upside and big downside.

Edited by Pancake

no argument with you here....the question is whether Suggs upside is big enough to mitigate his downside, which IMO Suggs downside is much bigger than Tiki's.  Boils down to risk management. Proven performer with limited upside and limited downside OR unproven RB with big upside and big downside.

355008[/snapback]

The Giants and Tiki were horrible last year and he still got 1600 total yards. Tiki is so undervalued its ridiculous, he's definitely the best back available. If he regresses to his average year he will put up 1700 total yds with 8 TDs.

The huddle can afford to make a riskier pick in Suggs, but can really solidify the team by gettign a steady tiki at #2.

I'm not in love with the guy but if you told me before the draft that I could still get Tiki in the 5th I'd be very happy about it.  Granted, I'd more than likely already have 2 RBs so I'd either be taking Tiki as my 3rd or a QB at this point.

354956[/snapback]

Taking the 2nd QB at this point would lead to a hugh amount of riducule. :D:D