[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I out of line?

Gap22

I am in several leagues.  In one of them, a team out of the running is off loading star players for nothing.  Lev Bell for Riddick, Fournette for Damien Williams, and D. Murray for Willie Snead.  The first two to the same team, the third to the league commissioner.  This is a keeper league, BTW.  Me and another guy (he is in first place) are threatening to drop out if the trades go through.  As luck would have it, me and the other guy complaining are against each other this week, and we have both put all our players on the bench, so nobody will win.  The commissioner's response is vote against it if you don't like it (two votes will not kill the trades), but don't complain.  I have not put up any cash at this point.  Am I out of line, or are these trades just beyond fair.?

• Like 1

Id leave that league. Or if its a money league id stay in in case you can win it, and if you lose not fork over the dough.

If the commissioner is that obtuse its not worth being in.

Vote for it, but don't complain? Lol. As if he cannot see clear as day that these trades are bogus.

Edited by Rbgb

41 minutes ago, Rbgb said:

Id leave that league. Or if its a money league id stay in in case you can win it, and if you lose not fork over the dough.

If the commissioner is that obtuse its not worth being in.

Vote for it, but don't complain? Lol. As if he cannot see clear as day that these trades are bogus.

Don't most leagues requre you pay up front?

The trades seem lopsided for sure, nothing else just those player swaps? No draft picks?

We allow trading and don't have this kind of nonsense, also don't have owners voting to approve trades. We have a 2 commish system, we must approve the trade, and if there were shenanigans like this we'd deny them, but in almost 20 years we've never denied a trade that owners agree to.

14 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Don't most leagues requre you pay up front?

The trades seem lopsided for sure, nothing else just those player swaps? No draft picks?

We allow trading and don't have this kind of nonsense, also don't have owners voting to approve trades. We have a 2 commish system, we must approve the trade, and if there were shenanigans like this we'd deny them, but in almost 20 years we've never denied a trade that owners agree to.

HE did say he didn't put up money yet. So to me that implies it is a money league and that he didn't pay up front.

I haven't paid yet in my money league.

Either way its blatant these trades are bogus. And the fact they are from poop teams to upper food chain teams implies collusion.

This is something id want no business being a part of with my time or my money.

Edited by Rbgb

If it had just been the Snead for Murray trade, I would not have said anything, but the other two made me do a double take.  The thing is, even though the guy off loading is not going to make the playoffs, it's a keeper league, so he loses at least 2 players that anyone with any sense would keep for next season and gets nothing in return.  I am just out.  All my players are on the bench from here on out, and they will not get a dime out of me.  I have 3 other leagues without that kind of nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Rbgb said:

HE did say he didn't put up money yet. So to me that implies it is a money league and that he didn't pay up front.

I haven't paid yet in my money league.

Either way its blatant these trades are bogus. And the fact they are from poop teams to upper food chain teams implies collusion.

This is something id want no business being a part of with my time or my money.

Really where did he say that? I've gone back and read the OP's posts see no mention of payment. I think you're projecting your league rules into this.   I do agree I'd want no part, sounds like a league full of immature a-holes. Worst one is the commish.

18 hours ago, Gap22 said:

I am in several leagues.  In one of them, a team out of the running is off loading star players for nothing.  Lev Bell for Riddick, Fournette for Damien Williams, and D. Murray for Willie Snead.  The first two to the same team, the third to the league commissioner.  This is a keeper league, BTW.  Me and another guy (he is in first place) are threatening to drop out if the trades go through.  As luck would have it, me and the other guy complaining are against each other this week, and we have both put all our players on the bench, so nobody will win.  The commissioner's response is vote against it if you don't like it (two votes will not kill the trades), but don't complain.  I have not put up any cash at this point.  Am I out of line, or are these trades just beyond fair.?

original post 

25 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Really where did he say that? I've gone back and read the OP's posts see no mention of payment. I think you're projecting your league rules into this.   I do agree I'd want no part, sounds like a league full of immature a-holes. Worst one is the commish.

I am a commish for a fantasy baseball league with farm teams, it is in its 5th year, and part of the reason is because as a commish you have to look out for the integrity of the league. I have vetoed my own trades before because i have had a couple of owners say that they felt it was unfair, so i would message the other party in the transaction and just say "could you explain your thinking to me?" 90% of the time the other owner has a 100% well rounded response and direction for the team. Other times I get "Yeah, idk what I was thinking and I really didn't want the trade." easy enough Ill kick it back 

• Like 1

The Bell trade makes me think he got paid on the side. The fact that the commish doesn't care is worse. I'd finish and walk away or, give the other complainant your best guys to stack him. Give them a taste of their own medicine 

• Thanks 1

As just about everyone else here has said, I would say you are not out of line. If I were you, I would definitely quit after this season (maybe start your own league). Maybe you and your week 11 opponent could give the chalupa and the commish a taste of their own medicine and load the better team with the better options to win in the playoffs. Sooner or later, those idiots won't have anyone to play with and it'll be their own faults for behaving like children. But definitely walk away after this season (whether you win it or not). They aren't the hassle. If it's online, make sure you get proof of the "deals/trades". That way, if you win and they report you, you have proof that shows collusion - whether it's a screenshot or such. Hell, you may even want to report them now. That way, it will be fair from here on out. If it's not online, then leave the league.

• Like 1

Wait what?  There are leagues you don't pay for until the end?  And people still think they can pull crap like these trades?  I would be bailing on that league right now.  The commish has already demonstrated you're not going to get a fair shake, what makes you think you'll get any money even if you do win it?  Hell guys making those trades probably have no intention of paying.  Do you know these people at all?

• Like 2

I play in leagues with people I know and no one would let this happen. I don't like having trade veto in a league where all the people in it are friends and I know there won't be collusion or stupid stuff going on. I don't think trades should be vetoed if someone's taking advantage of someone else, because that's just what happens. 

However in a league with randoms or people you're not fully comfortable with, you need to be able to veto stuff just in case ridiculous things like this happen. This is way beyond the line of acceptability imo...

On 11/17/2017 at 7:22 AM, stevegrab said:

Really where did he say that? I've gone back and read the OP's posts see no mention of payment. I think you're projecting your league rules into this.  

Whoa man...it's like Deja Vu all over again! 

Someone should start a thread on how Grabby has an aversion to comprehending blatant statements about league fees.  Multiple threads even.  :headbang:

• Haha 1