[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seferian-Jenkins signs with the Jaguars

Wolverines Fan

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Bobby Brown said:

ASJ was drafted in every single league I was in last year; well, besides the one work league where no one knew what they were doing.  He certainly won't go undrafted this year. 

I too had to laugh at the "he's most likely going undrafted" claim.

Lots of love being heaped on a very average TE, with claims of doubling and tripling his numbers, his new QB suddently throwing for career yardage etc.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I too had to laugh at the "he's most likely going undrafted" claim.

Lots of love being heaped on a very average TE, with claims of doubling and tripling his numbers, his new QB suddently throwing for career yardage etc.

Where did he go in your draft?  Like I said, in my big money 12 man PPR league with experienced vets, no one picked him up.  Laugh all you want, but I think you're completely missing the point of this thread, which to me is laughable.  Can you offer up the name of another average TE who had as good of a change in scenery, has the physical tools, and will likely go undrafted?  That's the point here.  Doubling your career high of 300 yards is too steep of a goal.

Someone already posted that he was drafted in 67% of MFL leagues last year.  He is coming off a career year and there should be an expectation of increased ADP.  In fact I posted early, yet unreliable, data that shows his 2018 ADP being 3 rounds higher than last year.  

I'm not sure why you keep insisting that ASJ won't get drafted.

Edited by Bobby Brown

38 minutes ago, kdko said:

Where did he go in your draft?  Like I said, in my big money 12 man PPR league with experienced vets, no one picked him up.  Laugh all you want, but I think you're completely missing the point of this thread, which to me is laughable.  Can you offer up the name of another average TE who had as good of a change in scenery, has the physical tools, and will likely go undrafted?  That's the point here.  Doubling your career high of 300 yards is too steep of a goal.

I don't recall where he was drafted, but pretty certain he was. Blanket statements like "he's not even getting drafted" are just laughable, because you don't know all the league details. Even more laughable based on others reporting 67% of MFL leagues had him drafted.

As for him being in this great break out situation, I simply don't agree. I don't need to convince you or anybody else. I have my reasons. primarily JAX isn't pass happy, ASJ isn't that talented or hungry.

26 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Someone already posted that he was drafted in 67% of MFL leagues last year.

This is a stupid statistic because it doesn't factor in league sizes.  Sure, he was drafted in 100% of 16+ team drafts.  C'mon.  Come back with some better statistics on that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I don't recall where he was drafted, but pretty certain he was. Blanket statements like "he's not even getting drafted" are just laughable, because you don't know all the league details. Even more laughable based on others reporting 67% of MFL leagues had him drafted.

It's laughable that you're clinging to that statistic without even analyzing what it means.  67% of MFL leagues mean jack crap when 20+ team leagues with 10+ bench spots are included in that.  Try again.

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

It's laughable that you're clinging to that statistic without even analyzing what it means.  67% of MFL leagues mean jack crap when 20+ team leagues with 10+ bench spots are included in that.  Try again.

Whatever, find somebody else to argue with. Count on ASJ and his huge breakout year, I don't care.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

This is a stupid statistic because it doesn't factor in league sizes.  Sure, he was drafted in 100% of 16+ team drafts.  C'mon.  Come back with some better statistics on that.

I'll let Aaron Rodgers clarify that if he so wishes.

The draftsharks ADP that showed ASJ's ADP rising from round 16 in 2017 to round 13 in 2018 was specific to 12 team leagues. 

I played in 4 high stake 12 team FFPC leagues last year and ASJ was drafted in all of them; including by me in one league.

In looking at Late August 2017 ADP published on a competitor's site for  "57 recent drafts" on 12 team FFPC leagues; ASJ was drafted in 46 out of 57 leagues (81%) with an ADP of round 15. The full 2017 ADP with 1000+ plus drafts is available via a different website; but I'm not going to pay $5 to access it and further prove a meaningless point.   I'm not even sure why you need to keep pretending that no-one will draft him; as it isn't necessarily central to the discussion anyway.

There is the distinct possibility that your 12 team savvy league draft isn't and won't be an accurate representation of the ADP the majority of us will experience this year. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, you're one of the most contrary posters here. Bobby Brown is catching up. You guys will argue the opposite of anything and everything. So I can't believe you don't want to argue with KDKO?

Probably cause, you know.... we're both fellow Browns fans and all, and he's currently taking the high road... f*ck.  Sorry Steve!!  I'm still invited to the tailgate....right?  

Edited by kdko

The MFL Public League adp comes from MFL's own pay leagues with MFL's own rules.  80% of the leagues are Draft-Only with 20-man rosters, 10% are 2X leagues with 20-man rosters, and 10% are their Regular Leagues with 16-man rosters.  I like the MFL Public League's adp because is comes from pay leagues with competent owners and you know exactly what are the rules.  And the rules and roster requirements are pretty generic.  A lot of adp's from other sites come from mock drafts or from an unknown and unexplained source.

ASJ had an MFL Public League adp of 203 which is the end of the 16th round.

MFL's adp results from the last 20 years:

http://home.myfantasyleague.com/adp-rankings/

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

ASJ is a speculative pick.  He has a lot of physical tools, is still only 25 years old, and probably hasn't tapped all of his potential.  Hopefully, he is truly dedicated to his craft and wasn't on his best behavior last season because he got in trouble and it was a contract year.  Everyone who gets in trouble in the NFL says they have turned over a new leaf.  He is the type of player who has a 25% chance of breaking out this season.  The naysayers will be correct the 75% of the time he doesn't  break out.  But I'll gladly take that 25% chance.  I like my 13th-20th round picks to be high risk/high reward players with tier 1 potential.  ASJ fits the bill.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, you're one of the most contrary posters here. Bobby Brown is catching up. You guys will argue the opposite of anything and everything. So I can't believe you don't want to argue with KDKO?

blah-blah-blah argue argue argue

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

A little bit maybe.  The Jags recently picked up his $3 mil option.  Maybe it wasn't guaranteed though. 

Jaguars released TE Marcedes Lewis.

It is a surprise both because he had been with the team for 12 seasons and they picked up his option in February. Lewis became expendable, however, after Jacksonville signed both Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Niles Paul in free agency. The move saves the Jaguars $3.5 million against the cap. Mar 20 - 12:50 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3615/marcedes-lewis

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

A little bit maybe.  The Jags recently picked up his $3 mil option.  Maybe it wasn't guaranteed though. 

Let's do a bet, I say ASJ doubles his career best in yardage, I think it's clear you disagree.  Loser stays off forum for a year..?  B)

• Like 1