[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good night, Le'Veon, where ever the hell you are

DMD

I just want to know. WHY THE SILENCE? What was the point?  

Like someone on life support who just reaches over and pulls his own plug without saying anything.

This will be remembered. Maybe not fondly, but remembered.

I'll be picking up Jaylen Samuels on a few teams.  He could be the best handcuff in the NFL.  The Steelers might have the best offensive line in the league and Jaylen has the receiving skills to average 5+ receptions a game.  He'll be ppr gold even if he splits snaps with Stevan Ridley.  Another concussion could put Conner on the shelf for awhile and his running style puts him at a high risk of reconcussion.  He is a must-add in leagues where he qualifies as a tight end.

Tomlin: Arrow pointing up for Jaylen Samuels

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/385545/tomlin-arrow-pointing-up-for-jaylen-samuels?ls=roto:PIT:topheadlines

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said the arrow is "continually pointing up" for fifth-round RB Jaylen Samuels.

In a game James Conner left early, Samuels saw five carries and four targets against the Panthers last Thursday night. That usage is unlikely to continue with Conner fully expected back this week, but it does make Samuels something of an interesting handcuff, especially since he has tight end eligibility in Yahoo leagues.
Nov 13 - 12:19 PM

Edited by michaelredd9

Bell is 26 now, will be 27 when next season starts, say he has 4-5 good years left. He is going to need to make $2.5-3 million MORE per year on his future contracts than he would have (after playing this year) to make up those lost $14.5M.

Sounds like all along this was just a big FU to the Steelers, don't want to play for you and your piddly millions, risk getting hurt and helping you when I'm going to be tossed aside after this year.  I really am curious to see how other teams see this and what happens with him going forward. Maybe he'll be like Ricky Williams and just walk away, in his case maybe to eat lead paint to improve his mind. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Bell is 26 now, will be 27 when next season starts, say he has 4-5 good years left. He is going to need to make $2.5-3 million MORE per year on his future contracts than he would have (after playing this year) to make up those lost $14.5M.

Sounds like all along this was just a big FU to the Steelers, don't want to play for you and your piddly millions, risk getting hurt and helping you when I'm going to be tossed aside after this year.  I really am curious to see how other teams see this and what happens with him going forward. Maybe he'll be like Ricky Williams and just walk away, in his case maybe to eat lead paint to improve his mind. 

He'll do a short term 3 year deal that's heavily front loaded with guaranteed money. He's more concerned with the guaranteed money rather than base salary. Who can blame him?

• Like 1

I'd be shocked if he got more than the 30 guaranteed he was offered from Pittsburgh. At 27,  Two suspensions, major injuries and James Conner just raised questions about how special are you really, not to mention who wants to give that much money to a guy who showed he doesn't give a damn about the game and or the team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I'd be shocked if he got more than the 30 guaranteed he was offered from Pittsburgh. At 27,  Two suspensions, major injuries and James Conner just raised questions about how special are you really, not to mention who wants to give that much money to a guy who showed he doesn't give a damn about the game and or the team.

His agent really botched the whole thing. There's not many teams who can or are willing to cough up Gurley money. Especially being a year removed from football. And your right, it doesn't help that his replacement is putting up better numbers than he ever has 

37 minutes ago, Red Storm said:

I only wish two things:

1) Steelers win the super bowl even though I can’t stand them. 

2) Steelers restructure Conners deal and pay him more than bell. 

1 won't happen Def is too shady.

2 would be AWESOME

12 hours ago, Profound said:

It is funny because I offered Conner to the Bell owner for Kelce.....I then offered Antonio Brown/Cook/Latavius Murray for Hill/Bell.

He not only declined them but called me out publically for offering “garbage trade offers.”

Make sure you troll him when he cuts Bell (assuming redraft league).

16 hours ago, stevegrab said:

😂 him and LeGarette Blount roller we’re already suspended once for burning the devils lettuce... he may just join mister Williams in his pursuit of total mind command

1 hour ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

😂 him and LeGarette Blount roller we’re already suspended once for burning the devils lettuce... he may just join mister Williams in his pursuit of total mind command

Devil's Lettuce

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:lol:

Somehow haven't heard that before. I really should smoke more.

I just don’t understand. Granted I’m not him so I don’t need to, but If he would have signed his franchise tag before week 1 he was guaranteed 14+ million even if he had a season ending injury on the first play of the game. Plus as a running back he just threw away one of the prime years of his career. Very curious to see what he signs for next season because I don’t see him ever recouping the money he left on the table this season. 

Edited by Finn5033

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

I just don’t understand. Granted I’m not him so I don’t need to, but If he would have signed his franchise tag before week 1 he was guaranteed 14+ million even if he had a season ending injury on the first play of the game. Plus as a running back he just threw away one of the prime years of his career. Very curious to see what he signs for next season because I don’t see him ever recouping the money he left on the table this season. 

this is the first leveon thread i think ive jumped in this year.....and there are prob many floating around FF forums.....so im going to assume there are plenty of people calling him names or an "idiot" or whatever......and thats fair to a degree....he took a gamble and it would appear he could have lost 

but this article sums up my thoughts on it...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25274465/judge-leveon-yet-how-bell-change-old-nfl-thinking

this excerpt in particular is pretty simple...but powerful

"One of the best players in the world just kissed off his age-26 season because he thought it was the smart long-term financial move. An employee used the maximum extent of his own leverage to try to gain ground in a system designed almost entirely for the benefit of the employer. If that doesn't make us question what we thought we knew about how all of this works, that's a missed opportunity on our part."

i rarely would side with the league and owners on a financial matter regarding a player....im actually shocked at how some of his teammates reacted to him awhile back.....

• Like 1

I'm not shocked that his teammates reacted as they did, PIT is a very TEAM oriented club, and he was all about him, not just this contract hold out, but his actions previously resulting in repeated suspensions. He didn't want the Steelers to have a good year while paying him less than he thought he was worth. Good for him, problem is he hat an inflated view of his worth, and now that Conner has shown how easy it was for another RB to step in and do just as well, maybe better, there is more proof that Bell isn't worth so much. 

PS  "The system designed mostly for the benefit of the player" as it was called is done with the full participation and agreement of the NFLPA, the players union reps and with the players vote of approval. If its that one sided maybe its on them. 

• Like 1

His teammates reacted the way they did because he lied to them. He said he'd be there week1 ready to ball.. didn't show... then it was ill be there after bye week... never showed... then it was after week 10 never showed... He was unprofessional right to the end.  Ben and Tomlin texted him on multiple occasions and those were ignored, never responded. This is a team that put up with your suspensions , your drama and your injuries and you couldn't at minimum be upfront about your intentions. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gibnieauf said:

One of the reasons L gave was "for the benefit of all running backs."  Give me a break, league wide RB solidarity?   In the end it's just a case of inflated self-worth and an over estimation of whatever leverage he thought he had.   

stills seems like a bunch of average nobodies upset over a guy getting paid to play game for a millions and never being able to look at it from the athlete perspective

football players get the rawest deal of any of the 3 major US sports...he played under the franchise tender what? 2 years in a row? expected to take 300+ shots while touching the ball 400 times? i know, i know.....its not a financial death sentence what hes already made....but thats not the point....the cba is terrible....and the fact is you have to wonder who is really behind who when they negotiate it......bell is in a rare spot because overall the tag only touches a few players.....but hes still being held hostage and hes always done well by the team.....i realize hes a risk for suspension and whatever....but on the field hes put himself on the line......i do believe hes convinced, partly, that hes taking a stand...sometimes you can take a stand for yourself but convince yourself that you are potentially helping others down the road...i dont doubt he believes that in part....