Gourdeau

Divisional Game Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, skylive5 said:

And there ya go.

 

 

No, I'm serious.  This isn't last year.  They barely made the playoffs and actually got outplayed last week and this week.  I don't dislike the Eagles but I'm not a fan, although I was during the superbowl last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Why?  They shouldn't have even played today.  It should have been Chicago. 

 

Really? Chicago got tuned by the Eagles on their home turf. Last time I checked you gotta win. The Eagles blocked the kick and won the game. Deal with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, League_Champion said:

 

Really? Chicago got tuned by the Eagles on their home turf. Last time I checked you gotta win. The Eagles blocked the kick and won the game. Deal with it. 

I'm not 'not' dealing with it.  I'm just saying the Eagles shouldn't have even played today.  Regardless it doesn't matter - the best 4 teams are still alive and everyone else is found wanting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shorttynaz said:

I'm not 'not' dealing with it.  I'm just saying the Eagles shouldn't have even played today.  Regardless it doesn't matter - the best 4 teams are still alive and everyone else is found wanting. 

 

I agree but don't say they didn't deserve it. The Eagles won some huge games down the stretch to get in. They lost to a better team today, it's that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, League_Champion said:

 

I agree but don't say they didn't deserve it. The Eagles won some huge games down the stretch to get in. They lost to a better team today, it's that simple.

You're right.  They won the right to be there.  They had a helluva season last year but they weren't even close to playing at the same level this season.  So they were playing with house money today, shouldn't have been here today but in the end it doesn't matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdko said:

Kick Jefferey off the team

He was playing with broken ribs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only watched part of the game but I agree with League. It looked like it was mainly corners and secondary play. They could not stop Michael Thomas. I don't know what Maddox was doing half that game. Turning his body way too far going into coverage and off balance.  Those D-backs were playing their zones but not even getting close enough to the receivers to stop passes. Doesn't do you a whole lot of good to just stand in the area

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

 The Eagles won some huge games down the stretch to get in

they might have won more earlier in the season if Foles was at QB.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

they might have won more earlier in the season if Foles was at QB.

 

Very true. Foles was able to spread the ball around more. Because of the back/knee Wentz could only make the throws in front of him. He definitely wasn't fully recovered from the knee injury. You could see it all year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

NO looked beatable at home but I still think it's NO & KC. I think NO wins it. 

 

If you told Drew Brees, you can pick only 1 place to play for the Superbowl and you can't pick at home, where would you pick. I guarantee you he'd say Atlanta. The only other dome he's played in more than at home.  

Edited by Gourdeau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

 

If you told Drew Brees, you can pick only 1 place to play for the Superbowl and you can't pick at home, where would you pick. I guarantee you he'd say Atlanta. The only other dome he's played in more than at home.  

 

Its looking more like that. I think The Rams will give them a game though. But Brees at home is where my money is going. NO 27 - Rams 23.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

 

If you told Drew Brees, you can pick only 1 place to play for the Superbowl and you can't pick at home, where would you pick. I guarantee you he'd say Atlanta. The only other dome he's played in more than at home.  

It's the Saints dome away from home. There are a lot of Saints fans who displaced there after Katrina and a lot of fans travel for that game as well. Often the Saints crowd noise rivals the Falcons fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

 

Its looking more like that. I think The Rams will give them a game though. But Brees at home is where my money is going. NO 27 - Rams 23.

They're certainly not going to be an easy out. They're an improved team as well with Talib back and the addition of Anderson. That run game is going to test the Saints big time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

They're certainly not going to be an easy out. They're an improved team as well with Talib back and the addition of Anderson. That run game is going to test the Saints big time. 

 

Cooper Kupp had a big role in that first game. 5 for 89 and a TD, he's gone but Talib is back. The addition of CJ Anderson has been oddly impressive. Should be a great game and really hope to see the saints win. You're not here often Raj so I'll ask now. Is there much local talk about Brees retiring if they win it all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

The difference is that Eagle fans don't scatter like Cowboy fans. You know I'm right. How many bandwagon Dallas fans are out there who can't find Dallas on a map? I know your a real fan. I'm not referring to the real Cowboy fans such as yourself.

:lol:  That was the most meaningful game Dallas has played in frigging decades . I watched it with friends and drank like a fish. Sorry we didn't stay in here and follow the riveting commentary ! Anyway , Dallas was manhandled upfront. They got beat the way they used to beat people in their heyday . They ran right down our throats . Dak missed way too many passes that an NFL qb just should not miss . As much as we got smacked around , we may have made it interesting if we just connect on some of those very simple NFL caliber passes . Congrats to the Rams fans, the true non front runner ones :chappywink:

 

Id like to see a Saints Chiefs SB. I don't hate the Pats and I think Brady is neck and neck with Montana for the GOAT but I do have to say I am kind of tired of the road the Pats have every year . Smack around the consistently worst division in Football on your way to an easy bye and home playoff game . Hold serve at home ..Superbowl.  It will be interesting to see them on the road in KC. If anyone can come up with a scheme its bill so we shall see if they can contain that KC O and if the KC D can play above their heads again

 

As much as I love my Cowboys , I think the 4 best teams remain . Next week should be very exciting football

Edited by whomper
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, whomper said:

:lol:  That was the most meaningful game Dallas has played in frigging decades . I watched it with friends and drank like a fish. Sorry we didn't stay in here and follow the riveting commentary ! Anyway , Dallas was manhandled upfront. They got beat the way they used to beat people in their heyday . They ran right down our throats . Dak missed way too many passes that an NFL qb just should not miss . As much as we got smacked around , we may have made it interesting if we just connect on some of those very simple NFL caliber passes . Congrats to the Rams fans, the true non front runner ones :chappywink:

 

Id like to see a Saints Chiefs SB. I don't hate the Pats and I think Brady is neck and neck with Montana for the GOAT but I do have to say I am kind of tired of the roas the Pats have every year . Smack around the consistently worst division in Football on your way to an easy bye and home playoff game . Hold serve at home ..Superbowl.  It will be interesting to see them on the road in KC. If anyone can come up with a scheme its bill so we shall see if they can contain that KC O and if the KC D can play above their heads again

 

As much as I love my Cowboys , I think the 4 best teams remain . Next week should be very exciting football

 

When will teams learn that Zone Defense is the exact thing that Brady feasts on.. guys were wide open on every throw. So frustrating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

They're certainly not going to be an easy out. They're an improved team as well with Talib back and the addition of Anderson. That run game is going to test the Saints big time. 

I am mainly interested in how the Rams defense is going to play. They've been surprisingly subpar at times. The Saints run defense has been pretty solid but Rankins being out could change the complexion.  I think the Saints score too many times so I'll take the Saints by a hair.  Good games this weekend.  

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Am I alone in thinking the Saints lack offensive weapons? For a team that's been labeled an offensive machine, they've been very lethargic the last month or so.. A coach like Belicheck will easily take Kamara and Thomas out of the game, can't rely on Ginn Kirkwood and Ben Watson

 

Sounds like you're already preparing to have the Pats win the SB. They still have to beat the Chiefs, and the Rams could be their opponent.

 

As for the Saints, they have enough weapons (Ingram too, can use him at RB and put Kamara out as a WR), I don't think BB can hold them all in check, and if they're using resources to take the Kamara and Thomas away, Brees will have time to find others, even his 4-5 options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, skylive5 said:

Interesting that the Defending Champions received absolutely no respect. It's like everyone 

either forgot, or ignored, what they did last year. Yet they gave NO a game and if Jeffery

had caught that pass things may have been very different.

 

I dislike the Eagles, and the Giants, and I absolutely detest the cowboys. But all three get

my respect when they are competitive, 

 

Eagle deserve some respect people.

 

 

 

I think they were just rather mediocre this year, lost a lot of games early, barely .500 team all year. They won 5 of their last 6, including a win over the Rams in LA, that was impressive. But it also included 2 with the Redskins, a win over the Giants at home.

 

As for the nonsense of some (they shouldn't be there, should have been Chicago), well the Bears should have played better then they'd have had a chance to lose to the Saints. Maybe don't sign a kicker known for missing attempts under 40, let alone over 40. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

 

If you told Drew Brees, you can pick only 1 place to play for the Superbowl and you can't pick at home, where would you pick. I guarantee you he'd say Atlanta. The only other dome he's played in more than at home.  

 

Your general point stands, but not the bolded 

 

Brees has only played 2 games in the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, it opened in 2017. I know Atlanta has a lot of Saints fans post Katrina (which makes it like a home game). But this isn't the old Georgia Dome where he played 10+ times during his career with the Saints. He's already played in the new MIN Vikings dome twice as well, possibly more at Jerryworld (I saw 2 in past 5 years).

 

 

Edited by stevegrab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

 

Sounds like you're already preparing to have the Pats win the SB. They still have to beat the Chiefs, and the Rams could be their opponent.

 

As for the Saints, they have enough weapons (Ingram too, can use him at RB and put Kamara out as a WR), I don't think BB can hold them all in check, and if they're using resources to take the Kamara and Thomas away, Brees will have time to find others, even his 4-5 options. 

 

We've all seen this movie a million times. We know how it ends. Easier to prepare for the worst and be extremely pleased and surprised if it doesn't end that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I am mainly interested in how the Rams defense is going to play. They've been surprisingly subpar at times. The Saints run defense has been pretty solid but Rankins being out could change the complexion.  I think the Saints score too many times so I'll take the Saints by a hair.  Good games this weekend.  

Rankin's being out really hurts the pass rush more than anything. The other DTs are more known for their run protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

 

Cooper Kupp had a big role in that first game. 5 for 89 and a TD, he's gone but Talib is back. The addition of CJ Anderson has been oddly impressive. Should be a great game and really hope to see the saints win. You're not here often Raj so I'll ask now. Is there much local talk about Brees retiring if they win it all? 

Funny you should ask that. I just responded to that very question on the Saints board. There are a few fans who worry over it, but not that many. Brees had already said that he's not retiring next year win or lose. Personally, I think he'll be in NO 2 more seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Funny you should ask that. I just responded to that very question on the Saints board. There are a few fans who worry over it, but not that many. Brees had already said that he's not retiring next year win or lose. Personally, I think he'll be in NO 2 more seasons. 

Are kamara Thomas and Lattimore all still on Rookie deals for a few more years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Are kamara Thomas and Lattimore all still on Rookie deals for a few more years?

Yes all are still on their rookie contracts. This is Kamara's second year, Lattimore's second year and Thomas' third year. Thomas is due to be an UFA in 2020. Kamara in 2021 and Lattimore in 2022 since I would assume the Saints will pick up his 5th year option, if they don't work out a new deal before then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.