[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High Stakes Fantasy Leagues

michaelredd9

2 hours ago, DMD said:

You mean online or go in person to Vegas?

I'm considering both.  I'm assuming the competition is better in the online competitions.  Normally, I prefer a good challenge.  But with big bucks, I think I'd rather have inferior competition.  But probably all high-stakes leagues are quality competition.

• Haha 1

I've played in many Vegas leagues that were around $1500 at the time as I recall (haven't been in several years). The competition is very good there but there's always the one or two guys that maybe were overestimating their skills. I play the $250-$300 level online all the time and the competition is very good there. But the only leagues I am familiar with over that level are face to face in Vegas. I've played in the WCOFF many times but I think they are closed. NFFC is still around. 

FFPC is great.  Customer service is top notch.  Me and a couple buddies have done live Vegas events every year over the past decade or so. We've been playing on house money for awhile, so like true degenerate gamblers we have slowly added more leagues over time.  This year we will do 2 main event leagues around 2K each and a super bracket around 800.  My friend also does a 'bare knuckle' league which is a 25ish (or maybe 30) round best ball league with no phones, notes, or cheat sheets.

Most people in the main event draft online.  All main event drafts, live and online, are ultimately commingled into the same competition.

Edited by Bobby Brown

14 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

FFPC is great.  Customer service is top notch.  Me and a couple buddies have done live Vegas events every year over the past decade or so. We've been playing on house money for awhile, so like true degenerate gamblers we have slowly added more leagues over time.  This year we will do 2 main event leagues around 2K each and a super bracket around 800.  My friend also does a 'bare knuckle' league which is a 25ish (or maybe 30) round best ball league with no phones, notes, or cheat sheets.

Most people in the main event draft online.  All main event drafts, live and online, are ultimately commingled into the same competition.

Man I miss those WCOFF days.  They ended up sucking wind at the end, but the whole Vegas thing was a blast with you guys.  

I am now a "once a year" kinda guy for Vegas and I have a standing March Madness deal with some college buddies.  As much as I'd love to re-enter the high-stakes football world, I'm not sure my pocketbook or liver could handle it.

I live vicariously through you guys for sure.  Maybe in 5-6 years when my kids are older and life has changed a bit for me I will consider it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

Man I miss those WCOFF days.  They ended up sucking wind at the end, but the whole Vegas thing was a blast with you guys.  

I am now a "once a year" kinda guy for Vegas and I have a standing March Madness deal with some college buddies.  As much as I'd love to re-enter the high-stakes football world, I'm not sure my pocketbook or liver could handle it.

I live vicariously through you guys for sure.  Maybe in 5-6 years when my kids are older and life has changed a bit for me I will consider it.

I remember one of the last trips I made, we were all sloshed by like 3 or 4pm on the Friday of the Thursday-Sunday trip.  I remember stumbling out of Blondies and taking a 3-hour nap.  And they had to wheel @Big Country out in a freakin' wheelchair.  LMAO!!!

• Like 1

If you sign up by May 31st for the FFPC main event you get in for $1500 (as opposed to $1850 cost).  I actually just signed up today for 2 FFPC main event teams today and then stumbled upon this thread.

The FFPC just doubled their 1st place prize this year from $250,000 to $500,000 for the main event.

I played in the FFWC main event before hate their software so no more for me.  Also their rules make the league no fun as WR's that normally go in round 10 of FFPC go in round 5 of FFWC.  Hard pass on that one.

NFFC is a great site but I have never played their main event.  They do both 14 team and 12 team main events.

I have always wanted to go to Vegas to do the main event but just settled into doing online drafts since I usually do about 50 drafts in the final 2 weeks before season kicks off.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:36 PM, Bobby Brown said:

On 5/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, darin3 said:

On 5/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, darin3 said:

I remember one of the last trips I made, we were all sloshed by like 3 or 4pm on the Friday of the Thursday-Sunday trip.  I remember stumbling out of Blondies and taking a 3-hour nap.  And they had to wheel @Big Country out in a freakin' wheelchair.  LMAO!!!

:yay::yay:

We still do FFPC and do well enough (usually finishing around 100/1500).  About three years ago we started doing the drafts online vs the large draft room and really like it.... Gives us some freedom on where to go (might do it in New Orleans this year).  

Haven't had to wheel anyone home in quite some time, but that was very fun.  I think we had about 30-40 huddlers out there for a little bit.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, darin3 said:

As I recall you were the one puking, I merely was enjoying the free transportation

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Big Country said:

As I recall you were the one puking, I merely was enjoying the free transportation

Oh yeah, way too much low-end beer in one sitting.... the gluttony got the best of me and I had to clear some space.  Coupla yaks and a 3-hour nap and I was primed and ready for the night stretch!