[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheat sheet tiers?

stethant

No, we are not using tiers for the reason that most people use custom scoring and tiers are more art than science. So in a custom generated listing, there is no way to know where to place the tiers. We could and have made more generic sort of tiering but that cannot always be accurate. There is no hard and fast spot in projected fantasy points that a tier goes, it is about a slide in upside, more risk, etc..

WOW  no more tiers on the cheat sheet???  very disappointed!    some of my drafting strategy were based on the huddle tiering.  That was one of my favorite draft features of the Huddle.   Very useful.  I am very long-term Huddle member and have been using the site maybe 12-13+ years.  I hope some others posters will post the disappoint of not having non tier cheat sheets..

Would love if they could bring it back in some form.

Thanks  

Niz

2 hours ago, NIZ333 said:

WOW  no more tiers on the cheat sheet???  very disappointed!    some of my drafting strategy were based on the huddle tiering.  That was one of my favorite draft features of the Huddle.   Very useful.  I am very long-term Huddle member and have been using the site maybe 12-13+ years.  I hope some others posters will post the disappoint of not having non tier cheat sheets..

Would love if they could bring it back in some form.

Thanks  

Niz

Do you use custom scoring or take the standard/PPR scoring sheets?

i use both but mostly custom according to my settings for my two leagues.   I know i can kinda do it on my own by drawing lines in the cheatsheets.  It was just a really cool feature that I thought really help me make decsions during the the draft,  Example would be I have  one WR left in Tier 2 and had 5 RB left in Tier two I would go for the one WR and hope that one rb tier 2 would still be thier .  very long term Subscriber and never had a need to post on the form before.  Love the Huddle and the weekly format during the season.  I really think you will get more people inquiry about the missing tiring in the coming weeks.

Niz

The reality is that tiers are a manual process and if cheatsheets are automated with custom scoring, you cannot manually figure out where the tiers belong on every custom sheet. They are not a function of just projections turned into fantasy points, they consider other factors as well.

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

It'd be a complicated computer program to put in tiers with any accuracy into a custom cheat sheet.  Just look at the tiers in the regular cheat sheet and pencil them into your custom cheat sheet.  It shouldn't be hard to figure out where they go.

There are no tiers on the regular cheat sheet. Maybe that's one way to go - have some tiers on the standard or PPR scoring cheat sheet and then we can go from there?

I get not having Tiers in custom cheat sheets....wouldn't really be viable. However, there is no excuse to not have them in the generic PPR or Standard cheat sheets. You are absolutely correct that they are just as much "art as they are science" but damn fantasy football as a whole is a lot of art over science....you saying the whole premise of a paid service is a waste then? The number of places you can go for content, paid and free, in various media platforms is almost overwhelming and not sure taking AWAY a feature is a wise move. If anything consumers want more features and more options and more content....not less. I've been with the Huddle for a loooong time but guys there is a lot of competition that offers considerably more. Do the smart thing and put tiers back in for the generic PPR and Standard cheat sheets. 

1 hour ago, Def. said:

To be caught up on something so abstract and frankly inconsequential, it boggles my mind. :wacko:

Tiers are helpful.  They make it easier to visualize value.  When you see that there is only one or two players left in a tier, it makes it obvious that you should draft them.  Or if you are considering drafting the 20th ranked running back over the 18th running back, you won't consider it if there is a tier demarcation between them.  An expert drafter doesn't need this help but expert drafters really don't need to pay a website for assistance either.  And the vast majority of fantasy football owners are not experts and need all the help they can get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Def. said:

To be caught up on something so abstract and frankly inconsequential, it boggles my mind. :wacko:

To take away things that are helpful to your users without good reason is not a good business practice. Not having them on custom rankings is one thing, but if they're removed from other places that had them before that's just wrong. And the reasoning provided is not valid. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

And the reasoning provided is not valid. 

Gonna mini- :rant:, so please don't take this as a directed response. 

There shouldn't need to be a reasoning.  Tiers are literally a made up line in between the rankings (which are all rough prognostications in themselves).  There is no real science behind tiers, it is purely subjective.  I get what michael is saying, but personally believe that just conflates the issue.  It becomes something that drafters (whether novice or not) use as a crutch and causes them to conflate a player's value.  To top it off they'll just turn around and get pissed at said ranker when random tier 4 RB outperforms some tier 2 RB.  It's a lose/lose for any site frankly.  If tiering is really important to the drafter, they should be making they're own boundaries/cutoffs to decide the value. 

Won't deny though my view is skewed after all these years.  I just can't help but think we should put more consideration and/or condemnation into the actual player analysis rather than where a random line was put on a cheat sheet.  :shrug:

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Gonna mini- :rant:, so please don't take this as a directed response. 

There shouldn't need to be a reasoning.  Tiers are literally a made up line in between the rankings (which are all rough prognostications in themselves).  There is no real science behind tiers, it is purely subjective.  I get what michael is saying, but personally believe that just conflates the issue.  It becomes something that drafters (whether novice or not) use as a crutch and causes them to conflate a player's value.  To top it off they'll just turn around and get pissed at said ranker when random tier 4 RB outperforms some tier 2 RB.  It's a lose/lose for any site frankly.  If tiering is really important to the drafter, they should be making they're own boundaries/cutoffs to decide the value. 

Won't deny though my view is skewed after all these years.  I just can't help but think we should put more consideration and/or condemnation into the actual player analysis rather than where a random line was put on a cheat sheet.  :shrug:

I guess what I would say is that, while I basically agree with you, I have way more faith in DMD's "subjective" than my own. I value his opinion because he's proven its worth to me over the years.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, stethant said:

I guess what I would say is that, while I basically agree with you, I have way more faith in DMD's "subjective" than my own. I value his opinion because he's proven its worth to me over the years.

Hey fair enough.  Just get irksome when people are like "I'm not resubscribing because of tiers man, tiers!"  Just would like the reasoning to be more...substantial. 

Glad to see that many others are looking for the Tiers on the cheat sheets.  even if its just on the standard sheets that would be a start.  Don't fix wants not broken.  The huddle  has had tiers for the past 10+ plus years why change now?   

I hope you will reconsider if you get many more request as the seasons getting closer. 

Thanks

Niz     17 year member of the Huddle

• Like 1

Come on people!! The Cheat Sheets have Fantasy Point Projections now listed next to every player! This is frigging awesome and it's not that difficult to estimate where the tiers would go based on their projected points.