[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Montgomery

1fastdoc

Someone else posted on here that he's now a must start.  I haven't watched a CHI game since early on, does he really look that good and is there reason to believe he'll start being utilized more?  He had one good game but unless there was some major change, I don't see why that's predictive of anything.

Also off topic but I questioned Nagy's competence when he beat the Vikings last year when he should have let us win that game because we were the inferior opponent to the Eagles.  If they had let us win they would have played us at home. And they had dominated our line completely so that it was no contest.  In the end they played an Eagles team that was a far better tougher matchup for them. 

Edited by purplemonster

14 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Slightly off topic but think about what Aaron Jones was able to do once he got unshackled from McCarthy.  We can make all the predictions in the world and be right about the quality of the player but the coach can make a huge difference 

Hugh difference.

What I can tell you is that Montgomery's usage up until his last good game was entirely uninspiring - too few touches and did very little with them. His value would occasionally be buttressed by a short TD run. 

Nagy's public comments recently give me zero faith he's going to use his RBs effectively or consistently. I traded away my shares of Montgomery. 

I am not really happy about it but I have no choice. At least if he does nothing I can continue to hate Matt Nagy with a passion I haven't felt since Peyton Manning was in the league.