[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Titans just let D. Davis score

CaptainHook

Wow, great moments in FF history...if I'm hearing this right, a defense purposely lets a guy run in a 44yd TD?!?1...how many owners playing against Dom just shot out their TV sets?

Weird.  I suppose there's a scenario where you'd rather be down two scores ...

579338[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking initially...that put them down 10 points with less than 2 minutes remaining. The only explanation I could think of is that they were hoping to get a quick score and then try and onsides kick. :D

No.  But it is fairly obvious.  Fisher didn't even look upset.  The announcer's said the same thing. . .

579245[/snapback]

This may be the single most stupid comment I have ever read at the huddle, and trust me, that is saying alot. Davis broke a long run because the Titans were stacking the line. Once he got through the line, there was nobody left to stop him. Why would the Titans want the Texans to score? Houston was only up by 3 and they werent in fg range yet. It doesnt make any sense..

This may be the single most stupid comment I have ever read at the huddle, and trust me, that is saying alot.  Davis broke a long run because the Titans were stacking the line.  Once he got through the line, there was nobody left to stop him.  Why would the Titans want the Texans to score?  Houston was only up by 3 and they werent in fg range yet.  It doesnt make any sense..

579345[/snapback]

Because the Texans could have simply run out the clock? That game was over unless the Titans got the ball back now. The announcers said the same thing. It was the only shot the Titans had to win. It's been done before, even in the Super Bowl.

Edited by CaptainHook

Because the Texans could have simply run out the clock?  That game was over unless the Titans got the ball back now.  The announcers said the same thing.  It was the only shot the Titans had to win.

579348[/snapback]

They were only down by 3 points. Houston wasnt in fg range. 2 minutes to play. If Titans allow Davis to score then they are down by 2 scores. They had 2 to's left. Houston had 2 downs left and would have punted. Titans didnt lay down there. Davis just shot through a big hole, and found no resistance.

There was 1:42 left. They let them score. Titans had used their final time-out on the first down play. Davis "broke free" on second down. Tennessee had no time-outs left. After that play, Texans would have been kneeling on the ball. It was the only way they had a shot. It was the right call. I've seen it before. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

I would think the odds would be better to try and strip the ball. :D

579383[/snapback]

Not if they are just taking a knee.

I had the same thought at first, why would they intentionally put themselves down by 10 points. And since this is CaptainHooks post, and it seems to me that he has a reputation for baiting people and intentionally trying to get under people's skin, I understand the skepticism. However, when you really look at it, it makes sense in this case. If they just allow Davis to rush for a 1st down, Texans take a knee a couple of times and game over.

This way they would've needed to get a quick score and then try an onside kick...not great odds at all, but having a low chance to win is better than having NO chance to win. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

I have a few arguments here and there with a few huddlers. And I get pulled into the Manning vs. Brady debate quite a bit, but I don't see how this has anything to do with that. Who am I baiting? The announcer's on TV said the exact same thing. Just a post about football in general. I thought it was the right play. KC did it to the Colts a few years ago.

Who am I baiting?  The announcer's on TV said the exact same thing.  Just a post about football in general.  I thought it was the right play.  KC did it to the Colts a few years ago.

579399[/snapback]

Never said you were here did I?

announcers often say ridiculous things just to make the game seem more interesting. look at it like this - what did TEN have a better chance of doing (1) getting the ball back and scoring twice in less than 2 minutes with no TOs, or (:D preventing HOU from getting a 1st down? I think it's pretty clearly (2) - that's why they stacked the line. When you stack the line, you run the risk of letting up the big run if a hole opens up - this is what happened. while the announcers seem to have accomplished their goal (i.e. making it interesting), I can't believe Jeff Fisher could be so dumb.