[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Brees to remain a Charger

theeohiostate

bad move-the charger will not do as well next year - they have had the help of an easy schedule this year with wins against houston,tenn,jax,car,oak(twice),new orleans, and KC - they like the cowboys of last year will be hit hard with a harder schedule

581969[/snapback]

I disagree. Oakland (twice) and KC are divisional opponents, so they get them no matter what. Houston and Jacksonville are far from pushovers this year, and Carolina and and Tennesee were viewed as tough teams coming into the year.

bad move-the charger will not do as well next year - they have had the help of an easy schedule this year with wins against houston,tenn,jax,car,oak(twice),new orleans, and KC - they like the cowboys of last year will be hit hard with a harder schedule

581969[/snapback]

I disagree, this gives them a legitimate shot for next year, it will intice free agents while securing the players in house, showing everyone they are FINALLY committed to winning.

It gives Rivers more time to learn, and if they struggle next year , Rivers gets his shot and nothing is lost. They have to bring back Brees, they would look as foolish as drafting Leaf if they didn't.

I disagree. Oakland (twice) and KC are divisional opponents, so they get them no matter what. Houston and Jacksonville are far from pushovers this year, and Carolina and and Tennesee were viewed as tough teams coming into the year.

581999[/snapback]

sure they are divisional opponents but odds are with high draft picks and free agency they will be better

houston is a team on the cusp of being pretty good but they are still only 2 years removed of being a brand new team

jax i'll give you they play tough week in and out

carolina and tennesse were viewed as tough teams coming in but have been anything but...

i like san diego but they need to look ahead at the problem of losing a few games next season and having the same problem new york is having this year - a untradeable veteran QB and a rookie who is not ready

i like san diego but they need to look ahead at the problem of losing a few games next season and having the same problem new york is having this year - a untradeable veteran QB and a rookie who is not ready

582017[/snapback]

That's not the problem the Giants have at all. Kurt Warner is on a one year contract. He's gone at the end of the year. Where does 'untradeable' fit in there?

581969[/snapback]

Explain why keeping Brees could POSSIBLY be a bad move that makes the Chargers worse next season. You really think they'd do better starting a QB that's never thrown a pass in the NFL? I think Rivers will be a great QB, just not in his first season.

Also, don't forget that the Chargers have the Giants first round pick in next year's draft, which could end up being a top 10 pick. The only big player they have to resign this offseason is Gates, which won't take too big of a chunk out of the 15 million cap surplus they have after signing Brees.

I think the Chargers can afford to resign Brees and Gates, sign 2 first rounders and still have enough cap surplus to go after a solid FA CB. I think they'll be just as good next season.

581969[/snapback]

There's no such thing as any "easy" schedule these days.

I think the Chargers can afford to resign Brees and Gates, sign 2 first rounders and still have enough cap surplus to go after a solid FA CB.  I think they'll be just as good next season.

582325[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan!! :D

I would trade Rivers myself..Brees is the QB of the now and the future for the Chargers..they could trade him(Rivers) and get something they need while gaining money on their caproom to go after free agents with. Why let Rivers sit and lose value?

582834[/snapback]

I would look at Arizona, it will be a big cap hit, but it is worth looking into. I think they would jump at the chance to get a new QB in there.

Yeah , that would be a good place to start talking deals..the Dolphins would be another good place to talk deals..plus the Dolphins love to make horrible trades. Imagine getting 1 of Miami's cornerbacks for him...having Surtain and Jammer would be a good thing for San Diego.

There's no such thing as any "easy" schedule these days.

582371[/snapback]

Since the move to 32 teams in 8 divisions, there are only TWO games SD will have that are different than every other team in the division. They will play either the first place or second place team (with Denver playing the other) from two AFC divisions.

So "schedule" based on last years record is an extremely diminished factor nowadays.