[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Commentary

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a long list of predrafts set, so if there ends up being a duplication of position, oh well...what can I say?  :D I have to run out for the next 90 minutes...should be back in the office by 4:00 Central.

813169[/snapback]

Absolute BS. Total.

Two safeties....never would have happened if I didn't preselect. :D:D

Last 4 picks...

Reggie Wayne - After the first tier of WRs, there's a good group of guys that stand to have breakout years... some say Wayne's breakout year was last season, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne improved on his numbers again this season. The Colt offense shall chug along and Wayne could potentially be the "Number One" for Manning. Even if he is still a "Number Two", he'll put up points similar to many Number Ones WRs. I'll hope that another solid breakout candidate at WR will be available for me in a few more rounds.

Antonio Gates - With the TE requirement, I wanted to make sure I had one of the elite; and it gets no more elite than Gates, in my opinion. Gonzalez and Witten and perhaps even Heap will have solid seasons, but Gates will continue to be - essentially - the #1 receiving threat for the Chargers, an ever-improving Chargers team at that.

Julius Peppers - As KevinL noted (thanks, by the way, Kevin, for helping me out), I was considering going with a QB here, assuming that by the fourth or fifth round that a run of QBs probably took place. I agree with KevinL's pick wholeheartedly, as I now have the elite DLineman.

Mike Peterson - Yikes, all the studly LBs are gone, and typically I go after one super early, as I contend LBs are the "running backs of IDPs". I'm pretty happy with Peterson here, though. Jacksonville's D was pretty stout last season, and Peterson will again anchor the LB corps that will be faced with stopping some pretty solid offenses. He could rack up 100+ solos this season.

Thanks again to KevinL for stepping in and picking for me while I was out in the field. Now to get back to the draft...

Um..... i have to argee with gil.... his predrafting ruined the whole draft. Can we reset it to his second DB pick? this is going in the book, and a F-U like that would be glaring,.... not gil's fault, it was a predraft screw up, which I have said is risky before this happened. Thoughts?

There is no reason to reset anything. I never predraft 2 rounds of the same position, unless I want them both. The whole draft isnt ruined because 1 owner happened to land the 2 best DB in the league early on. There is plenty of talent left at every position.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Pick 7.06 (78th overall) - A slight risk here, given his age and QB situation in Chicago, but could potentially be a big reward pick. Muhammed came alive last season for the Panthers. I expect the Bear offense to be quite improved with the addition of Cedric Benson. Muhammed will give QB Rex Grossman the reliable target the Bear offense has been lacking for several years. Honestly, I was targeting Derrick Mason here, and was disappointed to see him go 3 picks ahead of me. Jimmy Smith, however, was taken just after Mason, so perhaps he wouldn't have made it down to me anyways.

LMAO,  Tatum at 4.12 is a huge risk, especially when there is someone else on the roster Shanny wants to prove can play.  5.1 for any LB is a risk, and no reward, as there will be equal talent in 4 rounds from now.

813228[/snapback]

disagree on equal talent. Urlacher was a 16.5 ppg player in fusion last year when he played, and many of those games were playing hurt. Healthy, in this system, he scores 18 ppg in fusion, and the upped points for turovers and sacks here makes him even more valuable.

As for Bell, hugh upside, and clarett isn't that good. Shanny will realize this soon enough. With dunn as insurance (a nice upside too with ppr) I am in good shape at RB2.

disagree on equal talent.  Urlacher was a 16.5 ppg player in fusion last year  when he played, and many of those games were playing hurt.  Healthy, in this system, he scores 18 ppg in fusion, and the upped points for turovers and sacks here makes him even more valuable.

As for Bell, hugh upside, and clarett isn't that good.  Shanny will realize this soon enough.  With dunn as insurance (a nice upside too with ppr) I am in good shape at RB2.

813376[/snapback]

Your the May National Champ of FF.. Always have the best draft, school everyone by your comments. But what happens during the season. :D

Well, we are now in round seven. I still have the massa's whip marks on my back! I had to quaff more than a few brews to get through the punuishment! Now, like my dog, I want to lay down in the pleasent evening sun and take a nap. But, I am sure that I can't! :D Is there some point tonight we can take a break? I'd like to have a chance to look over the picks, my roster, other's rosters, and evaluate. In 24 hours, we're 7 rounds into a 32 round draft. Is it reasonable to call a time out at the end of the ninth round? And pick it back up in the morning? or am I a wimpy boy?

There is no reason to reset anything.  I never predraft 2 rounds of the same position, unless I want them both.  The whole draft isnt ruined because 1 owner happened to land the 2 best DB in the league early on.  There is plenty of talent left at every position.

813350[/snapback]

No need to reset a darn thing, nor would I request it. Stupid timing, had to run out and ranked 20+ players...as it turned out, the two DB's ended up being the guys I took. Unfortunate, but I'm sure DMD can float it the right way for the book...this I'm sure of.

Pick 8.07 (91 overall) - With the ultra-studly DBs off the board, I decided to go with Ronde Barber. He certainly has the tools to be one of the highest-scoring DBs. Starting to fill out a very solid starting roster.

Um..... i have to argee with gil.... his predrafting ruined the whole draft. Can we reset it to his second DB pick? this is going in the book, and a F-U like that would be glaring,.... not gil's fault, it was a predraft screw up, which I have said is risky before this happened. Thoughts?

813347[/snapback]

No offense Rovers but please BUTT OUT! I am the official fisherman around here and you casting lines in the water isnt helping. Please find another pond if you must fish. I have these lunkers all primed and ready to hit the bait, and you Mr Johnny Come Lately stir up the water. Not appreciated one bit... :D

Well it looks like we're done for the night. I'll be one of those that will be able to draft during the weekend... no hangups. I do, however, have to leave for the night. I pre-selected several players so I should be good for the next few rounds, if in fact it starts back up tonight - which it doesn't appear it will.

This weekend is going to be tough for me. I should be around all morning long tomorrow, but after that I'm going to have little or no access. My daughter has a soccer game at 12:45 CST tomorrow, and I am leaving for Dallas right after that game. I might be able to get on for a little bit late tomorrow night, and possibly Sunday morning. I will have no access at all on Sunday afternoon and Sunday night. I will be at the Mav's / Sun's game tomorrow night. When ever I do get on, I'll try to pre-draft two rounds at a time.