[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for Enlightenment

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Okay, right up front, I may be crazy. But as drafting season is drawing near, I am beginning to take a no Moss or TO stance this year.

TO:

1. Disgruntled, wants more money or out

2. Crawls into camp, and is now plagued by injuries

3. Pinkston is out so he has no 2 WR (just how bad do you have to be to be ranked behind Pinkston?)

4. I see him as a major disruption, and he may even pull a Bonds and sit out with a varity of injuries just to prove how valuable he is.

Moss:

1. Collins is not Culpepper. He's not as good, this alone will reduce his catches

2. Jordan may actually provide a running game, that may take away opportunies

3. He's playing in Oakland, that place can turn into a bog (I believe it's actually below sea level). It's bound to slow him down

Any other year these guys are no-brainers, but this year, they bother me (Especially TO). Guys like Harrison, C. Johnson, Holt, A. Johnson seem to be a better, more reliable pick his year.

So is it just me, has my mis-spent youth finally caught up to me? Why should I trust these guys this year?

Okay, right up front, I may be crazy. But as drafting season is drawing near, I am beginning to take a no Moss or TO stance this year.

TO:

1. Disgruntled, wants more money or out

2. Crawls into camp, and is now plagued by injuries

3. Pinkston is out so he has no 2 WR (just how bad do you have to be to be ranked behind Pinkston?)

4. I see him as a major disruption, and he may even pull a Bonds and sit out with a varity of injuries just to prove how valuable he is.

Moss:

1. Collins is not Culpepper. He's not as good, this alone will reduce his catches

2. Jordan may actually provide a running game, that may take away opportunies

3. He's playing in Oakland, that place can turn into a bog (I believe it's actually below sea level). It's bound to slow him down

Any other year these guys are no-brainers, but this year, they bother me (Especially TO).  Guys like Harrison, C. Johnson, Holt, A. Johnson seem to be a better, more reliable pick his year.

So is it just me, has my mis-spent youth finally caught up to me? Why should I trust these guys this year?

917294[/snapback]

Dude, it is just you!

Any other year these guys are no-brainers, but this year, they bother me (Especially TO).  Guys like Harrison, C. Johnson, Holt, A. Johnson seem to be a better, more reliable pick his year.

917294[/snapback]

Agree 100%. Let others reach on TO and Moss too early. Lock down 2 studley running backs and laugh all the way to the championship.

I disagree with you about Moss. He's got a fresh start on a new team (remember his rookie season with MN?) and will be eager to dispel the reputation that he doesn't work hard on every play. Collins has the long ball arm and will use it to connect early and often with Moss in each game. I think this will be one of his best years ever (if not THE best).

There's no standout stud WR going into the season. The big dogs (Moss, TO, Harrison) all have some type of baggage.

918054[/snapback]

I disagree with you about Moss.  He's got a fresh start on a new team (remember his rookie season with MN?) and will be eager to dispel the reputation that he doesn't work hard on every play.  Collins has the long ball arm and will use it to connect early and often with Moss in each game.  I think this will be one of his best years ever (if not THE best).

918336[/snapback]

i think both will be fine, but i could easily see a drop in production for them.  still, i would think that translates into top 5 wr numbers regardless.  i think we'll see a tighter grouping at the top this yr.

918371[/snapback]

Is it possible to agree with all 3 of these?

I'm usually a proponent of the "stud WR theory", meaning I like to come out of the first two rounds with one of the biggies at WR. I've found that having a WR that can be counted on to score every week is a huge plus over having streakier guys. However, this year I'm not sure if anyone fits into that category. I've usually got a WR ranked 6th or 7th on my board, right behind the most elite RB's. This year I don't see a WR worth taking before 13.

I think its a little strange that guys like Holt and Harrison are given such high rating when you consider they were almost supplanted by their underlings last year. Granted they are offenses that throw the ball a lot, but that both of those guys could keep their high preseason rankings year after year, when they are obviously losing production to others seems a bit odd.

i think the question marks with TO and Moss drop them down on my board (and unless Randy drops to me in the mid/late second, or TO in the late second/early third, I'll let someone else take the chance).

Incidently, my two favorite WRs are C Johnson and Holt. I think they have better situations

I wouldn't be surprised to see Holt have a stellar season. I think that if the Rams use Jackson in some fashion (and I realize that because that makes good sense, Martz probably will do the opposite) Holt is going to be very effective. I think he is at his absolute peak this year. It might be his time to shine.