[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leftwich DONE

theeohiostate

"...and lo, the lord Jesus looked down from the cross

And foresaw that there would be a man from the New World named Tedy Bruschi

And the lord Jesus was envious that he could not be more like this Tedy"

- Bristol 3:11

Like I said in the other thread, it's a miracle he survived this long. He takes some of the most wicked hits I've ever seen. A lot of it is his o-line. He gets up and keeps playing, but you just can't absorb that kind of punishment as a QB and make it through the season.

Garrard brings a whole new level of athleticism to the jags. Think of the size of Mcnabb with the feet of vick.

He is not that accurate, that will be helped with more practice with first team. Jax would have won the St.louis game if they had pulled the hobbled leftwich for garrard.

Teams won't be able to plan well for the jags now, I like their chances even more now.

Indy better watch out, the one team who can beat them just got a new playbook...

Garrard brings a whole new level of athleticism to the jags.  Think of the size of Mcnabb with the feet of vick.

He is not that accurate, that will be helped with more practice with first team.  Jax would have won the St.louis game if they had pulled the hobbled leftwich for garrard.

Teams won't be able to plan well for the jags now, I like their chances even more now.

Indy better watch out, the one team who can beat them just got a new playbook...

1176989[/snapback]

:D

Wait, you're serious?

Edited by CaptainHook

Feel free to disagree Cpt.Whiney.

I think Garrard is more mature, and offers a new surge the offense hasn't had.

He needs to work on his touch, but he excels in most all areas.

1177046[/snapback]

What new surge is that? An inability to pass? The fact that he can run? The Jags are not better off without Leftwich, no matter how you spin it. Garrard started for the Jags against the Colts December 29, 2002. He went 13/26 for 135 with no picks and no int's in a 20-13 loss. You act like nobody has ever seen this guy. He's a good back-up, but that is about it.

Edited by CaptainHook

The Jags are not better off without Leftwich, no matter how you spin it.  Garrard started for the Jags against the Colts December 29, 2002.  He went 13/26 for 135 with no picks and no int's in a 20-13 loss.  You act like nobody has ever seen this guy.  He's a good back-up, but that is about it.

1177061[/snapback]

Good info here.

I have to agree with the Captain here. Garrard adds a dimension I agree, but he is NOT a good passer. All the upside that Jones and Wilford have shown the past few weeks is now gone. And while Jimmy still has some value simply because Garrard will throw his way 10 times a game, he won't score often at all. Bottom line is they still win 11 or 12 and make the playoffs IMO, they still play Clev, SF, Hou, and Tenn and have 8 wins now so that's minimum 11 even if they lose 1 of those 4, but no Lefty hurts them no doubt.

but he excels in most all areas.

1177046[/snapback]

career numbers:

82-156 (52.6 %) 806 yards 4 TD's 3 INT

44 rushes for 288 yards and 4 TD's

The fact he only completed 12 of 26 passes against the Cardinals god-awful secondary today is not a good sign. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

There were some dropped passes and throw-aways in there, so let's not get too excited. He has a nice schedule to warm things up a little. The team is built around a good defense and special teams, that will not change.

They need to play within themselves :coachspeak: and things will be OK. The real problem comes if Garrad gets dinged.

I do feel bad for Leftwich, this is the year he has been pushing for. The hit he took didn't even look that bad. He has taken way worse :seecoltsgame:

Garrard started for the Jags against the Colts December 29, 2002.

Wow, it is incredible we can count on those kind of stats! You were still 14 in 2002 right?

Shall I show you the stats of Manning in 2005 vs the Jags?

Hey, the guy is rough. My point is, he has potential, and there is no film with the current offense with him at the helm opposing defenses can use. He can run. He has an arm. He gets rid of the ball faster than leftwich when he wants to throw.

You should quit whining at me, don't you have some refs to petition for a rule change?

Shall I show you the stats of Manning in 2005 vs the Jags?

1177092[/snapback]

I forget, who won that game?

They've got every bit of tape from every game Garrard has ever played in. Plus this week. Somehow I don't think teams will be flummoxed by a guy who can't pass very well.

I forget, who won that game?

They've got every bit of tape from every game Garrard has ever played in.  Plus this week.  Somehow I don't think teams will be flummoxed by a guy who can't pass very well.

1177104[/snapback]

I'm not going to call Garrard the next coming of Elway, but he IS probably one of a select few backups who could be starting for at least half a dozen teams right now. Along with Billy Volek and Matt Schaub, Garrard has enough ability to lead a team to success given the right weapons. Maybe I'm just going crazy after suffering through Brett Favre for the past month, but I think this guy is going to do well and make a worthwhile desperation play for me in the playoffs.

The team is built around a good defense and special teams, that will not change.

I agree completely, and overall, I don't think this is nearly as big a blow to the team as it might appear to be to those who don't follow the Jags closely.

I can't honestly say that I disagree with the Captain about Garrard, though. He hasn't been all that impressive when he's had the opportunity to start, and he's had the opportunity to start quite a few games at this point.

However, this will be his first opportunity to start under the new OC, and it will also be the first time that he's played with the knowledge that it's going to be his team for the rest of the season, so it will be interesting to see if that makes a difference in his overall performance.

Also, the Jags' 3rd string QB, Chris Gray, has looked very good when he's had the opportunity to play. Granted, that's mainly been in preseason games, but I don't think I would hit the panic button just yet.

What a wuss. Lefty should tough it out and have the O-line carry him to the line of scrimmage for the rest of the season. For run plays, he should ride on Greg Jones' back.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that I have him in my HAG league and am now QB-less for the playoffs. :D

I admit I do not follow the Jags closely but a lot of people didn't think Ben being out would impact the Steelers very much either and the Steelers were a totally different team without him.

I would be a bit worried to go without Leftwich for the rest of the season.