[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFC North Challenge

Fatman

Last year I had a sigline bet with Hugh One. The basis of the bet was better regular season record between the Packers and Vikes, which Hugh managed to pull out of his ass. A month or two ago, there was a spirited debate with Pope Flick and the rest of the pandas fans about making a sigline bet for Packers/Bears this upcoming year. I've never discussed a sigline bet with Lions fans because it's just kind of pathetic, but I'd like to include them as well.

Here's my idea:

A sigline bet based on the regular season finish of the NFC North. Tiebreakers being head to head, division record and conference record. Each team that finishes above you gets to give a sigline. Say the finish was:

GB 16-0

Chi 2-14

Min 1-15

Det 0-16

GB would give a sigline to Chicago, Minnesota and Detroit. Chicago would give a sig to Minnesota and Detroit. Minnesota would give a sig to Detroit. Detroit, again, would be pathetic.

Siglines would have to be somewhat short, say two lines or less, to make sure that there was room to cram everything in for the Detroit fans. Sigs would be carried from the start of the playoffs until the draft.

Any takers?

Packers - Fatman, Swiss Cheezhead, Men In Tights, piratesownninjas

Vikes - Moss6, alexgaddis, MikesVikes, Hugh 0ne

Bears - URLACHERisGOD, Wolverines Fan

Lions - Puddy, Chief

Edited by Fatman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Interesting -- but what if you all finish 6-10?  :D

1479127[/snapback]

A sigline bet based on the regular season finish of the NFC North. Tiebreakers being head to head, division record and conference record. Each team that finishes above you gets to give a sigline. Say the finish was:

I'll take the Packers.

1479196[/snapback]

I'll give MIT a chance to pay me back and take the Lions.

:D

Seriously, this division is really wide open. Some pretty bad teams. Chicago has to be the odds on favorite because of their defense. But I remember a 13-3 Bears team that really struggled the following year a short while back.

Plus, if the Tigers can have the best record in baseball this far in, the Lions chances must be good. :D

I'll give MIT a chance to pay me back and take the Lions.

:D

Seriously, this division is really wide open.  Some pretty bad teams.  Chicago has to be the odds on favorite because of their defense.  But I remember a 13-3 Bears team that really struggled the following year a short while back.

Plus, if the Tigers can have the best record in baseball this far in, the Lions chances must be good. :D

1479289[/snapback]

i heard that Matt Millen is giving the Tigers FO advice on lots of things...

and the Tigers FO is doing the opposite :D

Add me in for the packers. I used to get into fights at elementry school in the early 90's for wearing a Sterling Sharpe jersey to school on "Cowboy days". I want in for sure.

And where are all the Bears, Lions, and Viking fans/homers? It only works if homers are getting into it...

Edited by piratesownninjas

Bump this up closer to the start of the regular season.  You never know what kind of major injuries or big team problems could occur between now and then (trust me on this one).    :D

1479388[/snapback]

You're going to wait to see if your team suffers any big injuries before supporting them? :D

You're going to wait to see if your team suffers any big injuries before supporting them?  :D

1479477[/snapback]

I always support and cheer for the Vikings... I always hope they win every game they play. But I don't let my Homerism dictate the bets that I make (much). :D

It's just a little early for me to commit to a big sig line bet (it's still May!). Besides I think it's more fun to make sig line bets with just one other person instead o fin groups. Just my opinion.

I always support and cheer for the Vikings... I always hope they win every game they play.  But I don't let my Homerism dictate the bets that I make (much).  :D

It's just a little early for me to commit to a big sig line bet (it's still May!).  Besides I think it's more fun to make sig line bets with just one other person instead o fin groups.  Just my opinion.

1479942[/snapback]

Good points. I think I'll wait myself.

I wanted $100.00 per game between the Bears V Pack games. after I made the offer, the biscuits talking pack fans clammed up.

Who decides what the sig is, and what is the duration? That's important to me because I used my sig real estate last year in the Good V Evil league and want to do so again, and the final bet of last year was sig control to the SB. I'd ike to keep that open, but that means "non-exclusivity" in the event I (somehow) lose.

I always support and cheer for the Vikings... I always hope they win every game they play.  But I don't let my Homerism dictate the bets that I make (much).  :D

It's just a little early for me to commit to a big sig line bet (it's still May!).  Besides I think it's more fun to make sig line bets with just one other person instead o fin groups.  Just my opinion.

1479942[/snapback]

+1

I have a ~5 year standing sig bet w/ Chavez. I'm not going to alter that. Plus, I don't want nor give someone a 4 month sig. Too long and who really cares after 2 weeks or so. Sorry fatman, this one isn't for me.

1479942[/snapback]

Good points. I think I'll wait myself.

1479996[/snapback]

Fair enough - I'll bump again toward the start of the season.

I wanted $100.00 per game between the Bears V Pack games. after I made the offer, the biscuits talking pack fans clammed up.

Who decides what the sig is, and what is the duration? That's important to me because I used my sig real estate last year in the Good V Evil league and want to do so again, and the final bet of last year was sig control to the SB. I'd ike to keep that open, but that means "non-exclusivity" in the event I (somehow) lose.

1480008[/snapback]

+1

I have a ~5 year standing sig bet w/ Chavez.  I'm not going to alter that.  Plus, I don't want nor give someone a 4 month sig.  Too long and who really cares after 2 weeks or so.  Sorry fatman, this one isn't for me.

1480026[/snapback]

I'm happy to discuss some of the parameters - this was just me spitballin. It may not work for everyone and that's fine.