[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If It Has a Museum, It Must Be Real...

alexgaddis

PETERSBURG, Ky. - A museum that tells the Bible's version of Earth's history — that the planet was created in a single week just a few thousand years ago — attracted thousands to its opening as protesters rallied outside.

The dozens of demonstrators argued Monday that the Creation Museum's central tenets conflict with scientific evidence that the Earth is several billion years old. Overhead, an airplane pulled a banner with the message: "Thou Shalt Not Lie."

The privately funded museum had more than 4,000 guests on opening day, said Mark Looy, a co-founder of the $27 million facility 20 miles southwest of Cincinnati. The parking lot was filled with license plates from dozens of states.

"The guests were very happy with the museum experience," Looy said. "Of course, we had some naysayers come through and engage us in conversation, and that's fine — we want them."

Lawrence Krauss, an author and physicist at Cleveland's Case Western Reserve University, decided to view the museum firsthand.

"It's really impressive — and it really gives the impression that they're talking about science at some point," Krauss said. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, "I'd give it a 4 for technology, 5 for propaganda. As for content, I'd give it a negative 5."

The museum features high-tech exhibits designed by a theme-park artist, including animatronic dinosaurs and a wooden ark at least two stories tall, plus a special effects theater and planetarium.

Some exhibits show dinosaurs aboard Noah's Ark and assert that all animals were vegetarians until Adam committed the first sin in the Garden of Eden.

look, if people want to believe in Adam and Eve and things from the bible that is totally fine, but saying dino's didn't eat meat?? Thats laughable...

+1 agree

and dinosaurs on noahs arc??!?!? that wouldve been a smorgasbord lasting 15 seconds.

Edited by dmarc117

+1 agree

and dinosaurs on noahs arc??!?!? that wouldve been a smorgasbord lasting 15 seconds.

Wouldn't that make Noah's Ark the world's first fast food restaurant?

Wouldn't that make Noah's Ark the world's first fast food restaurant?

If Dinosaurs were aboard Noah's arc, it has been suggested that they were eggs, not the full grown animal, so that they could hatch and reproduce after the flood. This makes just as much since as a condinsed ball of matter, that no one can explain how it came to existance, suddenly exploding and creating a universe in perfect order. But anyways, i beleive that the flood is what caused the end of dinosaurs beacuse if you will notice, all living prehistoric animals such as alligators, sharks, and turtles, are water dwelling animlas, thus they survived the flood. Some dinosaurs may have been aboard the arc, bu i think mnost of them were left off as God was "starting over".

If Dinosaurs were aboard Noah's arc, it has been suggested that they were eggs, not the full grown animal, so that they could hatch and reproduce after the flood. This makes just as much since as a condinsed ball of matter, that no one can explain how it came to existance, suddenly exploding and creating a universe in perfect order. But anyways, i beleive that the flood is what caused the end of dinosaurs beacuse if you will notice, all living prehistoric animals such as alligators, sharks, and turtles, are water dwelling animlas, thus they survived the flood. Some dinosaurs may have been aboard the arc, bu i think mnost of them were left off as God was "starting over".

You know, I HAVE noticed a plethora of plesiosaurs lately. :D

Edited by cre8tiff

Great googily moogily, I don't know where to even start. If they had eggs on board....no, that doesn't make sense, they would have mode omlettes. Wait a minute...god told Noah to get two of every animal but if the dinosaurs were left off then Noah was playing God...no that can't be right...hmmm...let's me think...when the hell did Noah have time to find a couple of polar bears and penguins?... and who brought chow for the lions and tigers?...maybe that's how the dinosaurs got extincted...no, stick to the point...I got it! Who brought the hot sauce for the dinosaur omlettes if hot peppers came from Central and South America and the Middle East didn't know about them yet?

I like stories.

What happened to these guys and this guy? :D

PETERSBURG, Ky. - A museum that tells the Bible's version of Earth's history — that the planet was created in a single week just a few thousand years ago — attracted thousands to its opening as protesters rallied outside.

I'm not sure I see the point in protesting a bible museum.

I'm not sure I see the point in protesting a bible museum.

People will protest for the sake of protesting. Didn't you see "PCU"?

This makes just as much since as a condinsed ball of matter, that no one can explain how it came to existance, suddenly exploding and creating a universe in perfect order.

You think it's in perfect order? What order?

You think it's in perfect order? What order?

I'm guessing chaos is order but only such that a god, goddess, or godlet could understand it.

Right, because there is so much physical evidence for the dino-egg in the ark theory. And by bringing aboard all animals, one male and one female, God meant "except for the ones that will make for uncomfortably absurd metal gymnastics for my followers".

I'm not sure if we drove through Petersburg KY last week...but I believe we were on about the 3rd notch of the bible belt out there. We stopped at Wendy's in Eastern Kentucky and someone said the Earth was 6,000 years old. Of course, I called him a sinner for not knowing it was actually 5,857 years then started talking in tongues. He burst in flames. Kinda cool.