[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Relay for Life

chiefjay

Well Puddy talked me in to doing a thread in the TG similar to Chuck's last year. He shouldn't have had to but I have a hard time asking people for donations / money especially these days.

Chuck B. is not joining a team this year. I spoke with him last week on it and he also suggested I inquire to the huddle brethren.

Our Relay for Life team, called Bobbie's Bunch had been going strong for about 6 years now. It's named after my grandmother who passed away in 1991 from Cancer. We held a bowling fundraiser last year and this year and did pretty well on it, almost $2000.

Together we're trying to raise some money and my personal goal is $500. Our event is this Saturday, May 17th so yes I am posting this thread a bit late but if I recall correctly Chuck did most of his fundraising in the first few days.

If you are willing please go to the link in the thread and if if you are not interested please go ahead and check out the page and the ACS website anyways.

I enjoy the overall experience of the Relay for Life. It's basically a 24 hour walk at a local park where the whole community comes together to hang out Our team sells Hot Dogs, Pizza, Nachos, have games for the kids to play, get a clown to come out and do balloons or face painting, etc... Most of which is donated from local businesses. It's honestly someting I look forward to every year. Hopefully the weather holds this year.

I know some of you paypal'd Chuck last year as an alternative but I'll have to get with him on how to do that. I do have a paypal but I'm not sure how he got the funds from there to the Relay website. My paypal address is jason.waddell@acs-hcs.com in case that becomes an option. I'll get with Chuck on that hopefully today.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayFor...p;s_tafId=90372

Thanks in advance for your help and Thanks to DMD & WW for letting me do this.

Edited by chiefjay

Well Puddy talked me in to doing a thread in the TG similar to Chuck's last year. He shouldn't have had to but I have a hard time asking people for donations / money especially these days.

Chuck B. is not joining a team this year. I spoke with him last week on it and he also suggested I inquire to the huddle brethren.

Our Relay for Life team, called Bobbie's Bunch had been going strong for about 6 years now. It's named after my grandmother who passed away in 1991 from Cancer. We held a bowling fundraiser last year and this year and did pretty well on it, almost $2000.

Together we're trying to raise some money and my personal goal is $500. Our event is this Saturday, May 17th so yes I am posting this thread a bit late but if I recall correctly Chuck did most of his fundraising in the first few days.

If you are willing please go to the link in the thread and if if you are not interested please go ahead and check out the page and the ACS website anyways.

I enjoy the overall experience of the Relay for Life. It's basically a 24 hour walk at a local park where the whole community comes together to hang out Our team sells Hot Dogs, Pizza, Nachos, have games for the kids to play, get a clown to come out and do balloons or face painting, etc... Most of which is donated from local businesses. It's honestly someting I look forward to every year. Hopefully the weather holds this year.

I know some of you paypal'd Chuck last year as an alternative but I'll have to get with him on how to do that. I do have a paypal but I'm not sure how he got the funds from there to the Relay website. My paypal address is jason.waddell@acs-hcs.com in case that becomes an option. I'll get with Chuck on that hopefully today.

Relay for Life - Bobbie's Bunch

The link takes you to a log-in page. Fix it and I'll donate. :wacko:

Let's see how much we can raise this week for this terrible disease. I can only hope that the day will come where we won't need to pray for one of our Huddle brethren to overcome this.

Thanks for getting involved Jason. :wacko:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayFor...p;s_tafId=90372

I have a PayPal debit card so for those that couldn't or didn't want to use a credit card I accepted the paypal payment then used my debit card to make the donation on my relay page. Chief if you don't have a PayPal card I would be happy to accept Paypal payments and then make the donation in the persons name if there's anyone who doesn't want to or can't use a credit dard. If you need me to let me know and I'll post my paypal addy. Good luck this is an excellent fundraiser. :wacko:

I have a PayPal debit card so for those that couldn't or didn't want to use a credit card I accepted the paypal payment then used my debit card to make the donation on my relay page. Chief if you don't have a PayPal card I would be happy to accept Paypal payments and then make the donation in the persons name if there's anyone who doesn't want to or can't use a credit dard. If you need me to let me know and I'll post my paypal addy. Good luck this is an excellent fundraiser. :wacko:

Chuck, that would be awesome if you could do that unless you think I could do that just as easy. Post yours as well and we can maybe discuss later today when you have time.

Oh and thx also Puddy. Your donation to the bowling event was enough but I do appreciate the $$ donation as well. If you guys have some free time this Saturday you should come on out to Milward Park and hang out for a bit. I can give you directions. It's basically Moran / Goddard (Yes that's the name of a street by our houses) and then a right on Reeck to Crescent and make a right then you'll run right into it. The kids would like it. Chuck you too as well as any other SE Mich huddlers.

Thx, CJ

Edited by chiefjay

I know Chuck had this pinned last year. Maybe we can do that again to keep it in everyone's sight :wacko:

Pud, thx for the bump, I didn't want to have to do it. :D Pinning would be nice, just til Saturday.

Pud, thx for the bump, I didn't want to have to do it. :wacko: Pinning would be nice, just til Saturday.

In that case, re-bump. Again, if anyone wants a SXSW CD, donate at least $10 to the cause and PM me your mailing address.

My Pay Pal addy is djdenniswebb@yahoo.com if anyone doesn't have or want to use a credit card. If you decide to go that route please let me know in the message who it's from (Huddle name or otherwise) or if there is someone you would like the donation to be in memory/honor of etc.

Donation made. Have other cancer victims in my family too.

Thx BJ. Hard to get juiced for tomorrow with Aqua's passing but I guess that's why we do this to help cure others in the future. Puts it in real perspective. I'll be doing one of the luminary bags in his honor tomorrow. :wacko: