[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has this ever happened to you?

rocknrobn26

So were sitting at the Toronto airport yesterday and we order a slice and a coke. I takes a big bite and a swallow of Coke and all of a sudden I get this sharp, excruciating pain in the middle of my chest, like a heart attack! Couldn't breath and it hurt like a mofo! :wacko: The wife is freaking out, like I'm having "the big one", but after about 5 secs it started to subside. What the F' is that all about? Too big of a swallow? It's happened before, but not w/ that magnitude.

My bro said he's had it, and it's the mass swallow pressing against a nerve.

Anyone else ever had that?

:D Calling Doc Chargerz........DOC???

Happens to me all the time with soda. I actuall;y wait for it when I take the first sip. I am not sure why though. I am guessing the carbonation has something to do with it

Happens to me all the time with soda. I actuall;y wait for it when I take the first sip. I am not sure why though. I am guessing the carbonation has something to do with it

Ya I do that too......I get so hungry that by the time I eat I never stop to chew it and it locks up like a bowling ball and feels like it's gonna burst out your chest...is that the one :D

Don't know what it is, but it happens to me once in a while after taking a big bite. :D

That's it! Scary! Mrs. RR was freaking out, and I was trying to signal her that all was OK cause I couldn't talk and I had been there before! After 10 secs I was fine.

Still would like to get a reason from our Resident Doc. Free consultation? :wacko:

It definitely sounds like the pain people get in their esophagus or upper stomach when food doesn't quite fit through all that well.

Try taking smaller bites and chewing your food well before you swallow.....okay? :wacko:

Same with me. I don't think it ever happens with food but with drinking carbonated beverages it seems to happen often.

It definitely sounds like the pain people get in their esophagus or upper stomach when food doesn't quite fit through all that well.

Try taking smaller bites and chewing your food well before you swallow.....okay? :D

Will do, Doc! Thanks. :wacko: But it's good to know I'm not alone. :D

Its an issue with your esophagus not having enough saliva in it to lubricate the food going down. When it is dry and you take a drink of carbonated soda, it does the same thing. Happens to me once in while. It can be very painful. When it does happen, I just continue drinking to force it down as fast as i can.

Its an issue with your esophagus not having enough saliva in it to lubricate the food going down. When it is dry and you take a drink of carbonated soda, it does the same thing. Happens to me once in while. It can be very painful. When it does happen, I just continue drinking to force it down as fast as i can.

Translation - Cliaz's answer is to get a bigger hammer.

+1 Had a piece of chicken stuck for a day once years ago. Excruciating.

Hammering water wouldn't do it, neither. I just filled up and threw it out when it hit the gag spot, but the chicken didn't budge.

Was about to go into the emergency room for them to use the scope on me, and my Doc said, drink some olive oil.

Worked like a charm. :wacko: