[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get your free Gland Slam

tazinib1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks ago I got out of a poker game at 5 in the morning. Bleary eyed, we went to Denny's for the first time since college and got a Lumberjack Slam, coffee and an OJ . Friggin hit the spot.

I threaten to take my kids there when we're out. They scream in horror. :D

Mostly because when we went to Florida several years ago and our boys were 9 and 5 at the time, we got into Kissimmee maybe around 9pm, couldn't get into our rented condo and ended up at a Denny's to eat dinner while we waited for the owner to come help us out with it. They of course ordered dinner food, which was horrible. Everyone was all stressed AND the food was bad. Made a lasting impression. :wacko:

Just got back from taking the son to Denny's. We got there at 5:45 and were 3rd in line. In and out in 30 minutes. By the time we were done, the line outside was wrapped around the building. They even had security lmao. All in all, not a bad breakfast for free. You really can't screw up pancakes,sausage and eggs.

Denny's is the lowest common demoninator of chain food. Even when paying, the crowds are sketchy at best. The crowds for a free meal must rival those at monster truck events.

:wacko: Actually it was pretty decent considering. A ton of high school kids getting a free meal before class. Some old foggies and your basic monster truck croud.

Now if we would have had to wait like the suckers that are standing in line right now are doing, I would have high tailed it out of that parking lot.

Just got back from taking the son to Denny's. We got there at 5:45 and were 3rd in line. In and out in 30 minutes. By the time we were done, the line outside was wrapped around the building. They even had security lmao. All in all, not a bad breakfast for free. You really can't screw up pancakes,sausage and eggs.

:wacko:

You dragged your son out of bed at 5 in the morning to save $5 on breakfast!! :wacko:

You dragged your son out of bed at 5 in the morning to save $5 on breakfast!! :wacko:

Believe it or not, is was HIS idea!!

And I now know why he wanted to go so badly....about 20 of his classmates were there as well...I guess it was a senior thing or something..who knows.

Edited by tazinib1

I'm not alone!! Great god almighty I"m NOT ... ALONE!!

Whew..for a second there I thought I was the only cheap bastard here.

I lied...it was a Ku Klux Klan joke about how Denny's don't like blacks. :wacko:

How was the after-Denny's dump?