[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts camp

CaptainHook

I just got back from Terre Haute, where the Colts held one of their evening practices. Here is what I saw:

1. The Colts defense is better. Jason David picked off Manning's first pass of 11 on 11 drills, and Cato June picked off Manning's last pass of the one-minute drill the Colts use to conclude practices. They looked so much better than at this same point last year. Several big hits and tipped balls. They did give up a long TD to Reggie Wayne. More on that later. . .

2. Edgerrin looked great. He broke one really long run in 11 on 11 drills and had several other good runs.

3. Reggie Wayne. WOW WOW WOW. He looks faster, bigger, and stronger. He was the star of the show tonight. Several incredible catches, and a great catch and run that resulted in a long TD. Bump him up on the draft sheet guys. Bump him way up.

4. Marvin looked, as usual, consistently but quietly great. He had one incredible move where he faked the streak down the sideline, cut on a dime and caught a perfectly placed Manning pass. Rookie Marlin Jackson just stopped and shook his head on the sideline. Harrison also had a diving catch off a very low passs in 11 on 11 drills.

5. Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokley had decent but unspectacular nights. They both look good. The Colts did not run any of their 2 TE formations, and Dallas was very active in the passing game. Perhaps the Colts will be using their 3 WR formations a lot more this year. If so, Dallas and Brandon will be an even better pick-up. Manning and Stokley are roommates at camp again this year.

6. Rookie CB's Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden have a lot of work to do. Jackson looks very physical, and huge, but both seemed to be in over their heads in pass coverage. Of course, it was only Day 4 of camp, but you can tell they aren't used to this level of competition. Second-year man Jason David has bulked up in the off season, and does not appear to be giving up his starting spot willingly. The rooks will have to earn it.

Edited by CaptainHook

Guest THEbigred
I can't imagine the learning curve a rookie DB will have to make practicing against Manning, et.al.

903041[/snapback]

What he said. Best kind of practice they could have though. Most other QBs will look tame in comparison.

Thx for info -

Great info. :D

It's especially nice to know that the Colts D looks improved.

I went to Terre Haute one day last August and enjoyed it. The practice field is set up much like a high school field, so one can get a VERY up-close look at the action. If you're able to make it down there, I highly recommend going.