[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clinton Portis

spain

I have been pretty high on Portis for this year and for dynasty leagues. Then I read the Huddle Up Note on the Redskins offensive line yesterday and I am having to re-think Portis. Where does everyone think Portis should go for Dynasty and Performance leagues? Is he in the group with Jamal, Duece Mc, McGahee? Or does he slip back to the Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, tier?

Just going by the blurb here at the Huddle, it sure doesn't sound very good for Portis.

However reading the entire article, a few things came to light.

#1) Starting Left Guard Chris Samuels did not play in the "live" scrimmage.

#2) It was the pass protection that struggled.

#3) Pasta Belly ads that "The Ravens ran much more sophisticated stuff than one might expect in such a session."

#4) Pasta Belly also said that part of the blame for the poor showing rests with Ramsey, who he says held the ball far too long, but somewhat excuses Ramsey by saying he is digesting a new play book again.

#5) Pasta Belly did note that "On the running side, the Skins are using more zone-blocking in 2005 to better accommodate the style of Clinton Portis"

I'm not ready to move Portis down just yet. Especially when to do so would be basing it off of one scrimmage, where the criticism of the Skin O'Line was pretty much directed at the Pass Protection.

My .02 anyway.

I have been pretty high on Portis for this year and for dynasty leagues.  Then I read the Huddle Up Note on the Redskins offensive line yesterday and I am having to re-think Portis.  Where does everyone think Portis should go for Dynasty and Performance leagues?  Is he in the group with Jamal, Duece Mc, McGahee?  Or does he slip back to the Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, tier?

919120[/snapback]

I've been a Portis guy as well. Considering the note you mention along with the Fantasy Analysis of RBs article that was posted a few weeks ago, I'm starting to back away also.

"We been so busy keeping up w/ the Jones', four-car garage and we're still building on....Maybe it's time we got back to the basics of life......"

Song lyric trivia anyone?

919527[/snapback]

Luckenback (sp?), Texas

by Waylon Jennings

Argue whether he's a top-tier back or not, but I don't understand how you can look at what's happened in the first week of training camp and decide to bump someone down in the rankings, with no other outside factors. They haven't had a single preseason game yet. All they had was a controlled scrimmage.

Every year we hear the same thing repeated over and over- "Don't read too much into it, it's preseason".

Nothing has changed for Portis in the past 2 weeks, or even 2 months. I don't know why you'd change your rankings at this stage.

I'd place him after Kevin Jones and before Julius...maybe one slot before Julius at that...but like 3-4 slots after Kevin..

919635[/snapback]

Bullseye!

Two points:

1 - Clinton doesn't run behind the Denver line anymore

2 - Clinton doesn't run for Denver anymore

Lastly, :D KJ will run over people this year.

I don't understand how people compare Kevin and Julius Jones. It is easy to see, if you have any knowledge of football, that Kevin is far more talented than Julius. Yes they have the same last name. After this year that will be the only comparison.