[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Generation Lost

Grits and Shins

First of all......being in this draft.....I'd like to let some of you in on the scoring for these HAG leagues. I don't want you heavily basing your own drafts on the results of these without understanding a few points.

TEs are going early because of the huge dropoff from say..the #6 TE on. TEs receive 0.15 points per yard vs. 0.10 pts per rushing/receiving yard.

Also....there is a 0.50 pt. per pass caught score. So..the top WRs and TEs are again overvalued as are passcatching backs. There is also an extra 0.50 pts per 5 rushing carries.

Also....all TDs are worth 6 pts.....passing..receiving....or rushing. This explains the move up the chart for top QBs.....Peyton went 1.02 and Culpepper went 1.04.

The run on RBs is explained a few ways......lol. #1....anyone at the huddle that has been in at least one BOTH league knows RBs go fast. #2....this is a start 2RBs, 2WRs and 1 TE league...with one flex position that can be either RB/WR/TE. We all know the cliche over on the FA board about flex players....RB over WR most of the time is the advice. In this case though.....that may not pan out to be true given the scoring adjustments. If you have 3 bonified starting RBs....then sure! But if you happen to end up with a nice sleeper pick in a WR or TE, those extra bonuses add up.

Not your typical performance scoring really....if you plug these values into a draft analyzer or something....you'll see why the draft is going a bit differently than some of the mocks on the home page.

So...just a word to the wise.....make sure you know your scoring irregularities before comparing mocks and drafts. :D This may sound elementary.....but it might be helpful for any newbies out there looking for cheatsheets or guidance.

Happy drafting! :D

Edited by SteelBunz

First of all......being in this draft.....I'd like to let some of you in on the scoring for these HAG leagues.  I don't want you heavily basing your own drafts on the results of these without understanding a few points.

TEs are going early because of the huge dropoff from say..the #6 TE on.  TEs receive 0.15 points per yard vs. 0.10 pts per rushing/receiving yard.

Also....there is a 0.50 pt. per pass caught score.  So..the top WRs and TEs are again overvalued as are passcatching backs.  There is also an extra 0.50 pts per 5 rushing carries.

Also....all TDs are worth 6 pts.....passing..receiving....or rushing.  This explains the move up the chart for top QBs.....Peyton went 1.02 and Culpepper went 1.04.

The run on RBs is explained a few ways......lol.  #1....anyone at the huddle that has been in at least one BOTH league knows RBs go fast.  #2....this is a start 2RBs, 2WRs and 1 TE league...with one flex position that can be either RB/WR/TE.  We all know the cliche over on the FA board about flex players....RB over WR most of the time is the advice.  In this case though.....that may not pan out to be true given the scoring adjustments.  If you have 3 bonified starting RBs....then sure!  But if you happen to end up with a nice sleeper pick in a WR or TE, those extra bonuses add up. 

Not your typical performance scoring really....if you plug these values into a draft analyzer or something....you'll see why the draft is going a bit differently than some of the mocks on the home page.

So...just a word to the wise.....make sure you know your scoring irregularities before comparing mocks and drafts. :D  This may sound elementary.....but it might be helpful for any newbies out there looking for cheatsheets or guidance.

Happy drafting!  :D

922436[/snapback]

Nice job SB. As the newest HAG member, I haven't read all the particulars yet. I've always been a Cliff's Notes type of guy anyway.

1.03 - Shaun Alexander

2.10 - Torry Holt

3.03 - Chad Johnson

4.10 - Michael Bennett

5.03 - Dallas Clark

6.10 - Jimmy Smith

7.03 - Mewelde Moore

8.10 - Marshall Faulk

9.03 - Jake Plummer

10.10 - Brandon Jacobs

11.03 - Byron Leftwich

922934[/snapback]

That is a solid team. If Minnesota has a decent running attack and Clark becomes a red-zone target you may be pretty darn deadly.

If Minnesota has a decent running attack and Clark becomes a red-zone target you may be pretty darn deadly.

922958[/snapback]

lmao...Minnesota's running attack...that's been Culpepper for about 5 years now...

And if Clark doesn't break any bones putting on his cleats I'd be mighty surprised, let alone become a red-zone target...

:D

I keep waiting too long on the players I really want

1.03 - Shaun Alexander

2.10 - Torry Holt

3.03 - Chad Johnson

4.10 - Michael Bennett

5.03 - Dallas Clark

6.10 - Jimmy Smith

7.03 - Mewelde Moore

8.10 - Marshall Faulk

9.03 - Jake Plummer

10.10 - Brandon Jacobs

11.03 - Byron Leftwich

12.10 - Philadelphia

13.03 - Jeb Putzier

Here is the Championship team in the order they were drafted out of the 11 spot...

Kevin Jones

Corey Dillon

Jason Witten

Warrick Dunn

Anquan Boldin

Kerry Collins

Eddie Kennison

Brandon Stokely

Drew Brees

Ruben Droughns

Doug Jolley

Reggie Williams

:D

lots of good squads there.  bunz has a nice team.  sf drug lords.  steel horsemen.  bear.  should be a very competitive league.  hard to like any one team moreso than others which usually translates into good knowledgeable owners.

924102[/snapback]

It will be interesting to see how it plays out and how the other leagues drafts compare.

1.03 - Shaun Alexander

2.10 - Torry Holt

3.03 - Chad Johnson

4.10 - Michael Bennett

5.03 - Dallas Clark

6.10 - Jimmy Smith

7.03 - Mewelde Moore

8.10 - Marshall Faulk

9.03 - Jake Plummer

10.10 - Brandon Jacobs

11.03 - Byron Leftwich

12.10 - Philadelphia

13.03 - Jeb Putzier

14.10 - Steve McNair

15.03 - Shayne Graham

It will be interesting to see how it plays out and how the other leagues drafts compare.

924255[/snapback]

Yeah, yeah. Your just scared of us young guys, aren't you? :D

Now, if we could just get our draft to move along. :D I can't believe you guys are in the 15th round already...