[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Generation Lost

Grits and Shins

Draft is underway.

I drew the 3rd overall draft pick.

All TDs are worth 6 points.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF

The league is full of RB whores.

I started with Shaun Alexander at 1.03 ... then by the time it got back around to me at 2.10 EIGHTEEN RBs were off the board! So I ended up taking Torry Holt at 2.10 and Chad Johnson at 3.03.

I hate starting the draft RB-WR-WR ... especially in a league where you can start THREE RBs.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I bet that the combination of Holt +CJ will outscore the combination of the #19 and #20 RBs in your league...you're off to a fantastic start, Blitz! Heck those two may/should outpoint the #19 and #20 RBs by a point or two a game!

Edited by muck

I bet that the combination of Holt +CJ will outscore the combination of the #19 and #20 RBs in your league...you're off to a fantastic start, Blitz!

920189[/snapback]

I just couldn't bring myself to panic and draft the 19th and 21st (Westbrook was drafted between my picks) RBs with top WRs left on the board.

Not sure what I'm going to do about that RB2 or when I will get him ... but I gotta take what is given to me.

I was thinking about one of the top three TEs at 4.10 ... but they all went 3.09, 3.10 and 3.11.

Draft is underway.

I blew the 3rd overall draft pick.

The league has ABearWithFurniture and BillyBalata in it...known RB ho's.

I started with Shaun Alexander at 1.03 ... and it went way downhill from there...by the time it got back around to me at 2.10 EIGHTEEN RBs were off the board!  So I panicked and ended up taking Torry Holt at 2.10 and Chad Johnson at 3.03.

I hate starting the draft RB-WR-WR ... especially in a league where you can start THREE RBs.

920153[/snapback]

Draft is underway.

I started with Shaun Alexander at 1.03 ... then by the time it got back around to me at 2.10 EIGHTEEN RBs were off the board!  So I ended up taking Torry Holt at 2.10 and Chad Johnson at 3.03.

920153[/snapback]

A stud like SA scores as much as 2 backs many weeks.With those 2 wrs and SA you can get by with a decent/ adequate 2 back

Edited by whomper

Draft is underway.

I started with Shaun Alexander at 1.03 ... then by the time it got back around to me at 2.10 EIGHTEEN RBs were off the board!  So I ended up taking Torry Holt at 2.10 and Chad Johnson at 3.03.

920153[/snapback]

This happened to me in an Antsports.com mock I'm doing. Yes, I know it's just a mock, but I hope it is not a sign of what will happen to me on draft day. I picked Holmes with 1.02. When my turn came around again, all of the top RBs were gone. The only ones available were unsigned rookies and RBBC guys. I went Chad Johnson at 2.11 and Bulger at 3.02 because I hate starting RB-WR-WR.

Bennet at 4.10 is a nice pickup IMO. He's the clear starter in Minny with Smith gone.

Clark at 5.03 tho.....I'm guessing Gates, Gonzo, Crumpler, Witten were gone, and possibly McMichael. I think there's a big dropoff in TE production after those 6.

Bennet at 4.10 is a nice pickup IMO. He's the clear starter in Minny with Smith gone.

Clark at 5.03 tho.....I'm guessing Gates, Gonzo, Crumpler, Witten were gone, and possibly McMichael. I think there's a big dropoff in TE production after those 6.

921595[/snapback]

1.03 - Shaun Alexander

2.10 - Torry Holt

3.03 - Chad Johnson

4.10 - Michael Bennett

5.03 - Dallas Clark (all those TEs were gone except Crumpler)

6.10 - Jimmy Smith

7.03 - Mewelde Moore

1.03 - Shaun Alexander

2.10 - Torry Holt

3.03 - Chad Johnson

4.10 - Michael Bennett

6.10 - Jimmy Smith

7.03 - Mewelde Moore

922032[/snapback]

nice work blitz. now you backed up bennett with moore and you have holt, johnson, and smith. smith is certainly slowing down, but his production has still been fairly consistent. i think after that early risk, you have done a heck of a job putting a nice core together. you looking quarterback next?

edit for idiocy.

Edited by rhippens

1.03 - Shaun Alexander

2.10 - Torry Holt

3.03 - Chad Johnson

4.10 - Michael Bennett

6.10 - Jimmy Smith

7.03 - Mewelde Moore

922032[/snapback]

Nice move getting Mewelde. One of those guys will be a solid #2 RB for you, IMO, downside is waiting to see which one emerges as the clear #1, if one ever does. And I wouldn't get as down as you are about having to grab your WRs early....Holt and CJ is a deadly combo, will outproduce, e.g. Benson and Hedges or whoever was left at RB. Smith should post nice WR2/3 #'s with JAX opening things up for Leftwich, apparently. Also, I like Clark a lot this year now that Pollard is gone. Would LOVE him a round or two later, but in the 5th it's still alright. Lots of balls to go around in Indy.

Chin up, Grits....look for even the most remote sleeper RB/TD vulture now in your late rounds -- Shelton? Jacobs? Hell, even Chris Perry? -- and I think you'll be OK.

Edited by msaint

I had to get Moore at 7.03 to lock up a 2nd RB position. Unless I get lucky somewhere I am committed to running 2 RBs and 3 WRs every week (instead of 3 RBs and 2 WRs). So I really needed to have a 2nd RB. I'm hoping it's Bennett, but grabbed Moore to make sure I have one of the Minnesota guys ... assuming that Fason and Williams don't become factors.

Nice move getting Mewelde. One of those guys will be a solid #2 RB for you, IMO, downside is waiting to see which one emerges as the clear #1, if one ever does. And I wouldn't get as down as you are about having to grab your WRs early....Holt and CJ is a deadly combo, will outproduce, e.g. Benson and Hedges or whoever was left at RB. Smith should post nice WR2/3 #'s with JAX opening things up for Leftwich, apparently. Also, I like Clark a lot this year now that Pollard is gone. Would LOVE him a round or two later, but in the 5th it's still alright. Lots of balls to go around in Indy.

Chin up, Grits....look for even the most remote sleeper RB/TD vulture now in your late rounds -- Shelton? Jacobs? Hell, even Chris Perry? -- and I think you'll be OK.

922043[/snapback]

I would have liked to wait on Clark as well ... but there was no way he would last from 5.03 to 6.10 ... and like you I like Clark. I did pass on Crumpler to take him.