[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hines Ward signed?

Trots

The Steelers have scheduled a press conference for 6:45 PM (Eastern), likely to announce the signing of Ward, FSN Radio-970 reports. Steelers analyst Tunch Ilkin has spoken with Ward, and said that a deal has been struck. More details will follow, but it's clear that Ward's 15-day holdout is coming to a close.

- from Rotowire

The Steelers have scheduled a press conference for 6:45 PM (Eastern), likely to announce the signing of Ward, FSN Radio-970 reports. Steelers analyst Tunch Ilkin has spoken with Ward, and said that a deal has been struck. More details will follow, but it's clear that Ward's 15-day holdout is coming to a close.

- from Rotowire

929098[/snapback]

Report, not signed. He already has a contract.

Edited by conehead116

from ESPN:

Updated: Aug. 15, 2005, 4:47 PM ET

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward is reporting to camp and ending his holdout at the urging of head coach Bill Cowher, sources close to the team and player told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The team will reciprocate by resuming negotiations on a new contract in hopes that a deal can be struck by the end of the week.

The team has called news conference for 6:45 p.m. Monday at Heinz Field, where the Steelers host the Philadelphia Eagles in an 8 p.m. game on ESPN.

The Steelers have Tuesday off and Ward is expected to report to practice on Wednesday barring any dramatic changes.

from ESPN:

Updated: Aug. 15, 2005, 4:47 PM ET

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward is reporting to camp and ending his holdout at the urging of head coach Bill Cowher, sources close to the team and player told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

929121[/snapback]

Didn't Cowher call him last year too?

Ward ends holdout, reports to Steelers

Monday, August 15, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Wide receiver Hines Ward has ended his contract holdout and reported to the team, sources told the Post-Gazette today.

The team has scheduled a press conference for 6:45 p.m. today, preceding tonight's exhibition game with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Ward held out the first two weeks of training camp when the two sides could not come to an agreement on a contract extension. The Steelers said they would not continue negotiations until he reported to camp.

"He's back. That's all I can tell you," the source told the Post-Gazette. "I think he'll be on the sidelines tonight."

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

:D:D:D:yay::D:D:D:D:D

I was taking a nap so I would be awake for tonight's game when my buddy called with the news that he reported !!!!! I'm watching him on Fox Sports Pittsburgh right now, and he has said over and over again, he can never imagine wearing another uniform. He is coming back because he wants this thing done. He said some of the rumors have been ridiculous. He said he is not greedy, he has not asked for Marvin Harrison money, he just wants something fair. He has said I want to be a Steeler for life several times. He said he really couldn't stand being away and he missed playing football, so he had to report. In my opininion, the Steeelers were talking, they are close to a deal, which is why he is in. I expect something to be done soon and I'm happier than a kid on Christmas morning. Hines is the heart of this team, and I was truly starting to get worried !!!!

:D HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!

:yay:

Steelers :fool:

:tup:

It is being reported here on local tv that he has reported and that the Steelers are expected to work a deal with him within the week.

Good move, Hines. :D

929387[/snapback]

Just like the sig line says.

Hines Ward = classy NFL guy.

Steelers fan should be the first to say that they dont deserve Ward's services.....thank goodness he is a stand up guy and lives up to his contract...

929333[/snapback]

Why should we Steeler fans say that we don't deserves Ward's services ? :D:D

I think now you can see why I was so pissed at the Steelers for not getting this deal done sooner. Ward is the ultimate team player and he said on ESPN that he wants to get a deal done that will allow him to retire a Steeler.

How can you not respect that guy?

I just hope the Steelers and Ward can figure something out. Ward isn't one of those receivers who does have the best speed, hands, etc. He's just a badass who works harder than most and he gets the job done on a consistant basis.

Here's to hoping something gets done. :D

Ward does not have the best speed or the best hands. He is, however, the hardest working and best blocking NFL wideout bar none. He doesn't deserve top-five money, but definitely top-10. Number 10, maybe, but I'd take him on my (real) team over anyone but Marvin, Holt, and maybe Chad Johnson. He plays hurt, has exhibited nothing but class (as his return to camp shows), and in this day and age, is probably the most loyal player in all of pro sports. Kudos to Ward. If the Steelers don't get this done, then he should walk, come back in week ten (he has to have six games for the year to count, right?) and play out the string to become a FA next season.

Again, good for ward! :applause:

Ward does not have the best speed or the best hands.  He is, however, the hardest working and best blocking NFL wideout bar none.  He doesn't deserve top-five money, but definitely top-10.  Number 10, maybe, but I'd take him on my (real) team over anyone but Marvin, Holt, and maybe Chad Johnson.  He plays hurt, has exhibited nothing but class (as his return to camp shows), and in this day and age, is probably the most loyal player in all of pro sports.  Kudos to Ward.  If the Steelers don't get this done, then he should walk, come back in week ten (he has to have six games for the year to count, right?) and play out the string to become a FA next season.

Again, good for ward! :applause:

929726[/snapback]

Well, Stan Savran is the most connected and respected media personality in Pittsburgh. He reported that his sources are saying a deal will be done by the end of the week and probably by tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully his sources are correct. :D