[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephen Davis news

PantherDave

On if Davis could play in the third or fourth preseason game: That would be the best-case scenario. So far, there has been nothing to discourage that. But we're not at that point yet and we're just taking it a day at a time.

Pasted this off "From the Foxhole", just a tidbit on Davis.

I drafted him deep... (so deep... so deep, put her ass to sleep) in the GvE league on speculation only.

Sounds like him and his agent are playing up the "He'll be ready" angle... but coaches and trainers are being a little more realistic.

Still, I'd love to hear some good news. If he is healthy, is it still Foster? Or does he jump back in?

I drafted him deep... (so deep... so deep, put her ass to sleep) in the GvE league on speculation only.

Sounds like him and his agent are playing up the "He'll be ready" angle... but coaches and trainers are being a little more realistic.

Still, I'd love to hear some good news.  If he is healthy, is it still Foster?  Or does he jump back in?

933222[/snapback]

Foster is the starter, and from what I've gleaned since summer school and mini-camps, he is the clear cut starter.

Still, I'd love to hear some good news.  If he is healthy, is it still Foster?  Or does he jump back in?

933222[/snapback]

Quoting Dr. Dre, are we? Nice.

I still think Foster has to be the guy. Even if Davis can play, the Panther's know Foster might get hurt. I bet dollars to donuts they continue to let Davis get back into the swing of things, but also let Foster handle the early load. That allows Davis to regain some form, maybe see some garbage time work, and *if* Foster goes down during the season, Davis *might* be ready to take over. Perhaps the rookie isn't ready yet; perhaps they prefer to keep Goings at FB. Who knows.

I just can see any situation where Davis is the starter before Foster is injured, though. That would make no sense what so ever.

Edited by yo mama

933222[/snapback]

Actually, that would be Cube. "Woke her around one, she didn;t hesitate to call Ice Cube the top gun."

I took Davis with my final pick on speculation. I have to say it was a good day.

Actually, that would be Cube.  "Woke her around one, she didn;t hesitate to call Ice Cube the top gun."

933273[/snapback]

:doah: Off the Predator album. I stand corrected. Thought it was off Dre's Chronic 2000, for some reason.

I continue to maintain that Foster will get hurt, and Davis will start, it's just a question of when. I really don't understand why so many have discounted Davis. Foster had the same surgery and came back.... yes, he was 7 years younger, but that knee has been fine, despite his other injuries. Davis is definitely worth that late round pick.

I took Davis with my final pick on speculation.  I have to say it was a good day.

933273[/snapback]

I think that even our speculation may have been optimistic. But oh well.

I even saw the lights of the Good Year blimp... and it read "Steve Smith's a Pimp".

Edited by AtomicCEO

On when running back Stephen Davis will start practicing: He's still day-to-day. He's going through his rehab, and all of those things have been good. Now, it's just a matter of time when we get him out there and start banging him around.

Another tidbit, as they have been very gaurded, but I must emphasise that it has never leaned to "negative waves Moriarty", and they did the very same thing with Foster. My gut say's he will be dressed for week 1, because the alternative is sitting him until week 6 (mandatory) and the Panthers have a bye on week 7. Peace PD.

On when running back Stephen Davis will start practicing: He's still day-to-day. He's going through his rehab, and all of those things have been good. Now, it's just a matter of time when we get him out there and start banging him around.

Another tidbit, as they have been very gaurded, but I must emphasise that it has never leaned to "negative waves Moriarty", and they did the very same thing with Foster. My gut say's he will be dressed for week 1, because the alternative is sitting him until week 6 (mandatory) and the Panthers have a bye on week 7. Peace PD.

933339[/snapback]

what about the "you get every chance to get your job back" philosophy?

Though Davis being on the PUP early is not encouraging, do you all think that if he is willing and able (neither of which are givens) he might be right there at the start of the season?

i'll continue with my he's forked already rant. he had already started losing speed. his decline was evident to me before this injury. seemed to have lost some of his thunder too. now, he's going to come back, healed up, and be as good as before??? give me a break. let alone some of you actually think he would be better than a healthy deshaun. i know you like to have optimism that a last round pick is going to pay off big for you, but it isn't going to be this guy.

i'll continue with my he's forked already rant.  he had already started losing speed. his decline was evident to me before this injury.  seemed to have lost some of his thunder too.  now, he's going to come back, healed up, and be as good as before???  give me a break.  let alone some of you actually think he would be better than a healthy deshaun.  i know you like to have optimism that a last round pick is going to pay off big for you, but it isn't going to be this guy.

933684[/snapback]

I tend to agree w/Crispy here. Davis is a backup at this point, and depending on Shelton picking up the pass-blocking and/or injury, he's no better than third-string IMO. When Foster has his annual injury, Goings could even be in the mix equal to or ahead of Davis, IMO. PD drops some darn good homer knowledge on his kitties, and even he's taking a "wait and see" approach. I think this is Davis' last year in the league, unless another team needs a backup or has a catasrophic injury or two next year.

i'll continue with my he's forked already rant.  he had already started losing speed. his decline was evident to me before this injury.  seemed to have lost some of his thunder too.  now, he's going to come back, healed up, and be as good as before???  give me a break.  let alone some of you actually think he would be better than a healthy deshaun.  i know you like to have optimism that a last round pick is going to pay off big for you, but it isn't going to be this guy.

933684[/snapback]

Davis was slowing, but I think that was due to this knee condition, which wasn't the result of a sudden injury, as the surgery he had was done to replace lost cartilage. At least that is what I surmise. I also can't help but to think that if he was just going to be relagted to the bench, they would have cut him. I think Davis is ready to go game 1, but will Foster still be uninjured by then?

I have a feeling that this is the season that DeShaun Foster stays healthy and shows the incredible talent that he posesses. Of course, I've had him on my fantasy roster twice now only to be disappointed. :D

Has Foster yet proven that he is as good in the NFL as people predict he is?

I know for a fact that Stephen Davis can rush like a mofo... he is a machine. That's why Carolina grabbed him.

Foster has yet to break 450 yards in a season, and the one year he played more than 4 games... he only averaged 3.8 yards in relief (and the numbers of the #2 guy are usually inflated because of the change of pace).

I dunno why everyone is so quick to assume that this injury prone, unproven guy that has yet to do something spectacular is going to keep the job once Davis is healthy.

I continue to maintain that Foster will get hurt, and Davis will start, it's just a question of when. I really don't understand why so many have discounted Davis. Foster had the same surgery and came back.... yes, he was 7 years younger, but that knee has been fine, despite his other injuries. Davis is definitely worth that late round pick.

933290[/snapback]

Yeah, but he's older than you Rovers :D

:doah:  Off the Predator album.  I stand corrected.  Thought it was off Dre's Chronic 2000, for some reason.

933288[/snapback]

I've got that.  Shhh.

934601[/snapback]

What? The album or some chronic?