[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Upcoming FFL t.v shows

SLGRAF

CBS has a fantasy football special on tomorrow from 1-2pm ET.

ESPN has daily FFL segments between 4-4:30 ET Mon-Fri of next week.

Also, ESPN has an extended FFL special on 8/25 from 6:30-8pm ET.

938356[/snapback]

Any chance these are insightful and detailed, or simply 30-90 minutes of, "Hey, if you need a RB, try Tomlinson or if you want a QB, since most leagues use those, Manning and Culpepper are good, lets watch the tape after this commercial ... "

Probably not. These type of shows are kind of like the Pamela Anderson roast approach to football analysis -- fun to watch regardless of content, just don't plan on applying anything you learned there. :D

Fox Sports Net had one last year that was horrible. I think Erik Kramer and some other ex-player was on it (Warren Moon?). Not sure if they're running it again. I don't understand why these networks think fantasy owners would want to listen to advice of a former player vs. someone who's has made fantasy football their profession.

Any chance these are insightful and detailed, or simply 30-90 minutes of, "Hey, if you need a RB, try Tomlinson or if you want a QB, since most leagues use those, Manning and Culpepper are good, lets watch the tape after this commercial ... "

Probably not.  These type of shows are kind of like the Pamela Anderson roast approach to football analysis -- fun to watch regardless of content, just don't plan on applying anything you learned there.  :D

938835[/snapback]

Probably exactly what you just said. If anyone had a few brains they would do a real show, but doubt if it'll happen.

CBS has a fantasy football special on tomorrow from 1-2pm ET.

ESPN has daily FFL segments between 4-4:30 ET Mon-Fri of next week.

Also, ESPN has an extended FFL special on 8/25 from 6:30-8pm ET.

938356[/snapback]

I believe Fox has one on this Sunday as well. At least I thought I heard Brown and Bradshaw say something about it during the Pats/Saints game the other night.

I'm quite content that most Fantasy Football shows are little more than fluff pieces.

It's going to suck when a legitmate Fantasy Football show comes along and actually starts listing true Sleepers.

Then the quarter to half of some league managers, who don't put the time in and do their homework, will be able to lay around and press the remote button to know just as much as those of us who do put forth the effort. :D

Edited by Big Score 1

I think what you have to take in to consideration is there are probably more peolpe who do not have fantasy football as one of their main hobbies but still play with co-workers, family, or local friends for fun, than those of us who consider it a serious hobby. These kind of people are more likely to listen to a former player who they recognize such as Warren Moon, than to the people who do it for a living simply because they do not know who the respected authorities in fantasy circles are. These are more likely the types pf people that these fantasy shows have as their target audience, IMO.