[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green or Droughns?

LiveStrong

Green started the Detroit game this weekend and was very impressive. Monitor the game this weekend and then expect William Green to be announced starter for week 1. That's my hunch. Green has been a total team soldier in pre-season doing any and everything Crommel asks. Green is a former #1 pick who is running with very good burst and is showing enough speed to get to the edge. He is starting to develop into the runner Butchy Boy thought he had back when he drafted him.

I then envision a couple scenarios

1) Green becomes the player they thought they had when they got him and Suggs/Droughns serve as nothing other than backups

2) Suggs returns and steals carries while Droughns gets chances and it becomes a RBBC on a bad football team

3) Green flames, ends up buried on the bench and which point Suggs becomes #1.

Keep in mind, this is Cleveland and they stink so their RBs at best will be inconsistent.

I don't have the confidence Droughns will be valuable to a fantasy team this year. Mind you, I love this Droughns kid...he's a class act who has his head on straight, but I'm betting its either Green or Suggs in Cleveland this year. New England was not famous for RBBC under Romeo so I'd expect one guy to establish himself.

With Suggs banged up (again) here is the golden opportunity in front of Green. I burned an 18th round pick on him yesterday and failed to get him in my other league, but will clearly monitor him and make a move to bring him in if it looks like Green could be the guy.

The bottom line is this is one of those teams where no one really knows...if you drafted already or will draft this weekend you will have a lot of speculation to do, but if you have a spot between William Green and say a 6th reciever on your roster I'd take a stab at Green. You'll know within the first 2 or 3 weeks of the season if he will contribute to your team or if you can cut him and bring in another prospect.

New England was not famous for RBBC under Romeo so I'd expect one guy to establish himself.

942134[/snapback]

Not to be too big of a dick about this, but New England DEFINITELY didn't have RBBC tendencies under Romeo Crennell. Mainly because he was DEFENSIVE co-ordinator. :D

That said, a look at Browns' offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon shows he learned under Parcells - a fellow who likes to get a horse and ride him as far as he goes (Joe Morris, Ottis Anderson, Curtis Martin), so the tendency against RBBC does hold. Good post, very informative.

Guest THEbigred
why wouldn't it matter? both rushers have reached 1000 yards for a season in the past. If one of them wins the job outright he is a fantasy starter. 

Check greens rookie year - he was impressive

941473[/snapback]

:D

Back to study hall w/you Mr Blutarski.

My RB4 is not even a starter (M Moore) and I wouldn't ditch him for any of these schleps.

Yet.

Great!  I need Sugss in week 3 for BYE week filler. :D

Will he be back by then??

Cleveland Homers?!?

942746[/snapback]

he's only supposed to be out two weeks which would have him suiting up for week 1

942746[/snapback]

Obviously the football gods are punishing you for outbidding their favored son for him in the Corleone Family.

Thank you, oh mighty football gods.... :D

942746[/snapback]

The ankle sprain is supposedly mild and should only keep him off the field for a coupla' weeks. Problem is, this Coaching staff has zero loyalty to these guys. There is no guarantee Suggs gets the #1 RB gig back when healthy. With a good showing the next two pre-season games, by either Green or Droughns, one or the other of them just might outright take the job away from Suggs.