[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico Burress

alexgaddis

Maybe its wishful thinking but I think Plax has been ranked far to low going into this year....I have seen him around the mid 40's...is he not slotted as the number 1 guy in NY?

what do NY homers think of this move?

hows he been so far in preseason?

Edited by alexgaddis

Toomer is still the #1 receiver in NY. Word from camp is that he has rededicated himself and has looked great so far. Plax had done and said all the right things and has had a good camp as well. But if anyone is ranked too low, it's Toomer.

Plax is ranked low because of Eli Manning. Is Eli going to step up his game or is he going to look like he did last year. As of right now Eli sprained his throwing elbow in practice and is out for the Jets preseasons game. But will be back for the home opener. If Plax was still on the Steelers he would go a little higher.

next question, rank these 5 receivers in a keeper league

Coles, Burress, Lelie, Fitzgerald, Porter...(sorry, no Burleson)

943658[/snapback]

1. Coles

2. Lelie

3. Fitzgerald

4. Porter

5. Burress

He's only had one good FF season in his career, which seems to be an anomoly.... why should this year be an different?

To answer your question: No, I don't think he is ranked too low.... some potential upside but probably not enough to draft him too early.

943656[/snapback]

Part of the reason for that was Kordell and Maddox(he has dome well for short periods and badly for longer periods), but you are right. With a rookie QB and new team he has to prove himself. Could be a sleeper if Eli can play jump ball with him.

To answer your question: No, I don't think he is ranked too low.... some potential upside but probably not enough to draft him too early.

in Pittsburgh hines got most of the catches but plaxico was the big play guy/deep

in NY, Amani and plaxico are similar type of players. Plaxice was brought in to be the man and in pitt hines was the man.

I think Burress will blow up this year in a less oriented offense

in Pittsburgh hines got most of the catches but plaxico was the big play guy/deep

in NY, Amani and plaxico are similar type of players. Plaxice was brought in to be the man and in pitt hines was the man.

I think Burress will blow up this year in a less oriented offense

945525[/snapback]

Burress has some upside, there is no doubt about that.... but I wouldn't bank on it happening. Therfore, drafting him at about where he is being ranked would be a good idea. Drafting him earlier than that is a gamble that I wouldn't be willing to take.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to hearing how the Giants fans feel about him after a full season watching him.

next question, rank these 5 receivers in a keeper league

Coles, Burress, Lelie, Fitzgerald, Porter...(sorry, no Burleson)

943658[/snapback]

No reason to appologize, we all realize they are a tier below Bruleson, so there is no reason to include him with this group.

Fitz, Lelie (He has gotten better every year), Coles, Porter, Burress.

good, from the replies I am feeling better about trading him away for Heap..

945723[/snapback]

First of all, I don't know what makes you feel good about Heap - the guy (heap) hasn't event participated in full-speed contact drills yet all pre-season.

Burress should take the #1 WR spot in NYG, and he should post 1,100-8 (or something like that)

Burress should take the #1 WR spot in NYG, and he should post 1,100-8 (or something like that)

947169[/snapback]

The well dressed Amani Toomer is still #1 in New York. Frankly I'd rather have Toomer a round or two later than Burress as I see Toomer coming back strong this year. Toomer had a nagging hamstring injury last year, and a rookie QB. This year he is healthy, has played for the better part of a year with his QB (assuming that Eli's elbow isn't fracked). Toomer isn't done. Burress on the other hand has always been a #2, he was injured last year (hows he doing comming of that) Now that Eli will be out for a few pre-season games, he will have less time to gain chemistry with his QB, and he has to learn a new system to boot. I think Burress will do outstanding for the Giants next year, but this year I think Toomer will probably out perform him and can be had later in drafts.

Toomer has has had 1000 yard seasons 5 out of the last 6 or over 80% of the seasons. Burress has had 1000 yard seasons 2 out of the last 4 or 50% of the time and is 2 years removed from his last 1000 yard season. They both average about 5 TDs a year.

I see Toomer going for 1100 and 5 TDs and I see Burress going for 900 and 6 TD's. So, I'll pass on Burress and take Toomer later in the draft.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Toomer has has had 1000 yard seasons 5 out of the last 6 or over 80% of the seasons.  Burress has had 1000 yard seasons 2 out of the last 4 or 50% of the time and is 2 years removed from his last 1000 yard season.  They both average about 5 TDs a year.

947438[/snapback]

You must take into account the systems they were in. Pittsburgh was a run first team. Ever since Kerry Collins became the Giants QB, they have become more of a pass first team. Now with Eli, I don't see that changing much. So, Burress will see a lot more balls with the G-men than he did with the Steelers. 1100yds 8TD isn't to much of a reach.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Burress is automatically going to be the #1 WR on this team. He has never been a #1 and watching him for his whole career as a Steeler fan I have doubts that he ever will become one. It might happen, but my money is on Toomer being the #1 this year.

from constantly keeping up with sites like insidefootbal and bigblue interactive

seem like both WR's are looking pretty good, toomer they are saying is looking his best ever...id have to agree with toomer being the number 1 to start the season.

im looking at about 900yards each for them. being the fact that shockey, barber, toomer, and plax are all gonna get catches, i cant see them going over the 1000 yard mark. not to mention Eli has been delevoping quite a good raport with david tyree. i see the giants being a pretty decent offensive team,...at the expense of fantssy numbers

just my 2 cents though