[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone Else Afraid to Draft McGahee...

Primetime9287

I had to make a decision between McGahee and J. Lewis in a new keeper league I'm in. Went with Lewis, because McGahee's O-line is more suspect and Losman hasn't proven himself yet so McGahee will see stacked fronts all year. He'll still do well... but he scared me enough not to pick him over Lewis.

I had to make a decision between McGahee and J. Lewis in a new keeper league I'm in.  Went with Lewis, because McGahee's O-line is more suspect and Losman hasn't proven himself yet so McGahee will see stacked fronts all year.  He'll still do well... but he scared me enough not to pick him over Lewis.

945638[/snapback]

Kind of see them as a draw. Boller hasn't proven himself either and J Lew has had his fair share of knee problems too. Agree that he has a better o line though.

Kind of see them as a draw. Boller hasn't proven himself either and J Lew has had his fair share of knee problems too. Agree that he has a better o line though.

945672[/snapback]

True... I just think that Lewis will be ready to prove that he's back to more of his 2003 form this year. McGahee could very well have a monster season... just a tiny bit more stacked against him for success...IMO.

what scares me, (and I may have an oppertunity to draft him in a keeper league), is that they lost that monster o-lineman, (was his name Pat Williams?) he was a beast and possibly a difference maker. Would you go ahead and draft him anyway?

946440[/snapback]

Not sure who you are talking about, because Pat Williams is a Defensive Tackle.

Jonas Jennings was our left tackle, he went to the 49ers for way too much money. He has been replaced by Mike Gandy formally of the Bears. Jonas was very good but often was hurt for a couple of games and replaced by Marcus Price who did well too.

Where the sure upgrade is at left guard Bennie Anderson replaces a left guard by committee that at times used Justin Bannan, a defensive tackle. Ouch! Bennie was a starter at times for the Ravens.

Look the line isn't great, but it is underated for sure. The Losman issue is this, he'll make mistakes and it will cost us. But he will get things done on 3rd down that Bledsoe could not. 3rd downs keep drives alive which leads to points. He will be better than Bledsoe for his physical skills alone. If he gets the mental things as time goes he'll be that much better.

Our line coach is Jim Mcnally one of the top 3 in the league and the line is better than last year which is undeniable.

I'm not a doctor but regarding the McGahee injury, I don't think medically he is any more predisposed to injure the knee again. In fact it may be stronger than nature made it. I still wince when he limps off the field but that is just natural.

The fact is he is a 225+ pound runningback with very good speed and a stiff arm that planted Zach Thomas on his hindquarter last year along with several defensive backs. The fact is the line is better and he ran for 1100+ and I think 11-13 td's in 11 games as a starter.

I'm not predicting playoffs for the Bills but I don't think most of you care if they make the post season so long as Willis pounds the ball all day long with no fear of RBBC. With no pesky fullback poaching goaline scores, Shelton is a pure blocker.

McGahee is back and 100% and any injury he might get would be totally unrelated to that Bowl game hit, which by the way would have broken PT 4x4 in half. He is safe to pick in the 5-9 spot, I guaruntee it!