[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone have a good IR Rule?

loaf

And please, we have one, it isn't going anywhere so don't reply with "get rid of it"...if that's yer reply, please keep it to yourself.

I want an IR to help avoid the stashing of players but also to let you keep your injured players. I don't think you should have to drop a player cause one of your guys gets injured.

That being said, I want it be that you can't place anyone on the IR unless listed as Doubtful or Out for the current week's games. Trouble is when does he come off the IR and you have to drop the player you've picked up? By that next Thursday after the the new IR is released?

here's what I've gotten from one Owner:

Limit IR to two players.

Injured players have to be acquired through waiver wire process.

Injured players have to be acquired to a non-IR spot, which means that

An active player has to be dropped to acquire an injured player.

If an injured player accumulates fantasy points one week he is no

longer "injured" and must be moved to the active roster by the following week.

Injured players who should have come off IR but don't are automatically

dropped after waiver process and added to free agent pool.  The owner

that dropped the player can not acquire that player until the next week's

waiver wire process.  All other owners can acquire through free agent signing.

How many IR spots does your League allow (again, only if you use the IR - don't need to see "0")...

When do they come off of the IR?

What do you guys think?

Any way to tighten this up?

We allow 2. Don't use a waiver wire system thought and it is a keeper league. Essentially we have it as Out, Doubtful, or Questionable you can IR. If you are on IR and the IR Player comes in even for 1 play, your pickup is automatically dropped (or free game if commish isnt able to force it that very second) and if you started the pickup, the IR player is inserted into the starting lineup.

We adapted out IR rule last year. After our active roster draft is done... we draft a 3 player IR roster. You cannot have 2 players from the same position and you can't have all offense or all defense) --- we do IDP in our league too. My 3 drafted IR players for this year are: Frank Gore RB SF, Carlos Rogers WR Det, and Roderick Hood DB/KR Phi.

You can put a player on IR but have to activate and play the activated IR player. Then you can return him to the IR when you want to activate the original player put on IR. You can place someone on IR and release someone from IR and select a free agent to start that week. Only thing is that you cannot IR a RB if you already have a RB on IR... you'd have to activate him or release him.

To step back.. we draft 3 QB, 4 RB, 4 Wr, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 Def, 4 DL, 4 LB, and 4 DB's. So we have subs on the bench already. But if you get an injury on the bye week... ooops.

We do a keeper league where each player drafted can be kept less 3 rounds from their original draft position. We may also keep 1 IR player provided he is never activated from IR. Example: I drafted Michael Clayton in last year's IR rounds... I get to keep him as my 29th round (last active roster round) pick this year. I'm rewarded for taking a chance on this guy and not activating him last year. Essentially, I have Clayton for the best years of his career. :D

Probably not for you, but we allow up to 2. But they need to be on NFL IR, which of course means they are done for the year. But being a keeper league it allows you to save studs.

That IR roster move is also free of charge, usaully a buck.

These weenies in my local are a bunch of PITA's. I finally got an IR spot (one) approved this year. Really had to dumb it down too, but it's simple enough for even these knuckleheads. The idea was to allow a team who had a key player that went down to be put on the IR, with minimal work and rules complications. Here is what I managed to get these tools to approve:

Only a player listed as OUT is eligable. Once he is listed as anything other than OUT, he must be placed back on the active roster. If an owner fails to make this change once the player is downgraded from OUT, he will lose the player he replaced the IR'd player with, and the IR player will automatically return to that owner's active roster. If the owner makes the roster change, he may drop any player he chooses when he reactivates an IR'd player. Only one IR spot is allowed. If a player is listed as OUT, and is on IR, he may be returned to the active roster to make room for another player of the owner's choosing at any time, as long as the newly IR'd player is listed as OUT.

Simple, bullet proof. Classic example was Vick's injury in 2003. That poor guy had to carry Vick on a 15 man roster for like 9 weeks.

We run it like this (and it's our first year so I'm sure I'm making a mistake as commish but live and learn....)

One IR spot.

Can place any player into that IR spot.

As long as the NFL has his listed as: OUT, DOUBTFUL, PROB, QUESTIONABLE he has to remain there. Only when the NFL lists him as starting can you remove the player from IR.

We have unlimited IR in that you can put as many players on IR as you want as long as they qualify for IR.

You can not activate a player in the same week you put him on IR.

You can not put a player on IR in the same week you acquired him.

If you don't activate a player on IR the week after he has stats you lose him.

A player qualifies for IR by being listed as OUT or DOUBTFUL on the official NFL injury report.

We have unlimited IR in that you can put as many players on IR as you want as long as they qualify for IR.

You can not activate a player in the same week you put him on IR.

You can not put a player on IR in the same week you acquired him.

If you don't activate a player on IR the week after he has stats you lose him.

A player qualifies for IR by being listed as OUT or DOUBTFUL on the official NFL injury report.

956693[/snapback]

ahh, now that's nice and clean.

Thanks all...think I'm gonna use a little of everyone's so far...if you have thoughts, please post'em...thanks again

We use CBS Sportsline and they list injured players with a red cross. So, any injured player can be placed on the IR at a charge of $2 to move to the IR and $2 for every game the player's team plays. Each owner can ahve up to two players on the IR at a time. If a player is on the IR and plays in the game, the owner is assessed a $25 penalty. We average about one IR penalty a year and it is mostly due to the dreaded game-time decision.

And please, we have one, it isn't going anywhere so don't reply with "get rid of it"...if that's yer reply, please keep it to yourself.

I want an IR to help avoid the stashing of players but also to let you keep your injured players. I don't think you should have to drop a player cause one of your guys gets injured.

That being said, I want it be that you can't place anyone on the IR unless listed as Doubtful or Out for the current week's games. Trouble is when does he come off the IR and you have to drop the player you've picked up? By that next Thursday after the the new IR is released?

How many IR spots does your League allow (again, only if you use the IR - don't need to see "0")...

What do you guys think?

954997[/snapback]

My league keeps it pretty simple. You get 7 waiver moves per season. If you have a player who is placed on the IR by his NFL team, you get an extra wiaver pick for that week only. You lose it at kickoff of Sunday's games, but you can trade it during the week you have it.

It works out pretty well, since most season ending injuries happen during games and not practices. The key is that the NFL must put him on the IR. If you had Theisman when his leg was broken, you didn't get it Tuesday morning simply because everyone knew his season was over, you must wait until the NFL conducts its official business.

Doubtful/Out? Tough!

What do you guys think?

954997[/snapback]

We allow as many IR players as you have that are injuried. We use the NFL.com injury report on Thursday's I believe it is and if the player is listed as out you can move him to IR and pick up a replacement at that same position. Once the IR'd player is longer listed as out he has to be removed from IR and a player from your roster has to be dropped or you lose the IR'd player. I like the idea of IR and find it very helpful if you have a stud that is out for 3-4 weeks so you don't have to release him or just bench him and not pick anyone else up.

I forgot to add that you can't pick up a player off of the WW that is listed as OUT and place him on the IR. IT sounds like our league is similiar to what Grits is using as well.

Edited by T_bone65

10 team performance league (15 roster)

Only can have 2 players on the IR

IR RULES:

-Coaches cannot have more then one Player Position on the IR at any time. (Cannot have two WR’S on the IR at the same time) (Coaches can only place QB, RB, or WR on the IR)

• Healthy

• Injured Reserve (IR)

• Out (O)

• Doubtful (D)

• Questionable (Q)

• Probable (P)

IR FEES:

A fee of $5.00 will be charged every time a coach activate/deactivate a player on the IR.

Example: 4/22/2004 Devils demote B. Sanders to the IR ($5.00)

4/25/2004 Devils promote B. Sanders off the IR ($5.00)

*Keep in mind during the year coaches must have enough money in their Transaction Account (play money, see bidding process) in order to move players on and off IR. In the event that a coach’s Transaction account has insufficient funds, He or she cannot move any players on or off IR. Any players on the IR will become frozen and untouchable.

Looks like there are as many rules for IR list as there are leagues... I'll add my 2 cents...

One IR spot, must be on the NFL IR. May reactivate at anytime. Plan on changing the rule in the draft to make reactivation mandatory after player status become "Probable"

Note to self, need to discuss what happens if not reactivated.

(Coaches can only place QB, RB, or WR on the IR)

In our first two years of having an IR rule we actually had an owner try to IR a Defense, not a player, A whole Team. :D

We laughed at him then booted his ass out at the end of the season. :D

In our first two years of having an IR rule we actually had an owner try to IR a Defense, not a player, A whole Team.  :D

We laughed at him then booted his ass out at the end of the season.  :D

957745[/snapback]

lol one thing I've learned in 10 years as a commish, Leave no holes in the rules. Coaches will try at nothing to pull one over on ya.

We have been working through an IR rule for 10 years. The best we have come up with is that a player must be "out" - there is enough roster flexibility for doubtful etc. Once IR'd, he has to sit there at least 3 weeks (didn't see that one in the discussion) - the reason for this is to encourage normal roster transactions for the occasional nagging injury. Placing a player on IR opens up a roster spot, which obviously goes away when the owner returns the player from IR. Abuse of IR is covered by the commish.

We presently have 8 teams / 18 on roster, with 2 IR slots.