[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deion "Mr. Reliable" Branch

WaterMan

Aug 30

Paul Perillo, of Patriots Football Weekly, reports New England Patriots WR Deion Branch finished with the NFL's lowest percentage of dropped passes in 2004. According to STATS, Inc., Branch had no drops in 51 passes thrown in his direction.

Aug 30

Paul Perillo, of Patriots Football Weekly, reports New England Patriots WR Deion Branch finished with the NFL's lowest percentage of dropped passes in 2004. According to STATS, Inc., Branch had no drops in 51 passes thrown in his direction.

958844[/snapback]

:D

Aug 30

958844[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D

Aug 30

958844[/snapback]

Thats nice, but mr. reliable misses games oftenif I recall correctly. He better catch the ball in the games he plays. He also has a very nice ball thrown his way. Who misses those beatiful TB passes? Thats liek missing a montana pass.

I think Paul's got his facts screwed up. According to Pro Football Prospectus 2005, Branch caught 35 of 51 passes in '04, or 69%. However, Branch did catch every pass thrown his way in the Superbowl.

Edited by Bonehand

I think Paul's got his facts screwed up. According to Pro Football Prospectus 2005, Branch caught 35 of 51 passes in '04, or 69%. However, Branch did catch every pass thrown his way in the Superbowl.

959027[/snapback]

no, he said no drops. so a number of passes thrown his way may have been defended, uncatchable, etc.

i've got branch in 3 out of 5 leagues this year.  i guess i just have him higher than most, but he just seems like a dam fine WR to have this year.. :D

959157[/snapback]

I'm with you Az, I've liked this guy alot ever since he entered the league and feel like he's poised for a breakout season. Hopefully I'm not sitting here saying the same thing next August.

I'm with you Az, I've liked this guy alot ever since he entered the league and feel like he's poised for a breakout season.  Hopefully I'm not sitting here saying the same thing next August.

959189[/snapback]

his upside may be limited due to the pats system. although it may change some with a new off. coordinator. still a lot of receivers on that team and brady uses the TE quite a bit.

959027[/snapback]

Ah, but there's a subtle difference there. Just because he didn't catch every ball thrown to him doesn't mean he dropped any. Some missed catches are attributable to poorly thrown balls, or a defender breaking up the pass, for instance.

The 0 dropped passes was, however, reported by stats, inc. here: http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/player...=5951&Submit=Go

Scroll to the bottom.

Edited by yo mama

I still think Givens is the guy to have this year.  His size makes him a great red zone target.  He started off last year with at least his first 25 receptions being for 1st down.

959495[/snapback]

That's what I thought last year as well, and I was right, until Branch came back and then Givens went from being a reliable starter to disappointingly average...

i've got branch in 3 out of 5 leagues this year.  i guess i just have him higher than most, but he just seems like a dam fine WR to have this year.. :D

959157[/snapback]

I'm with you Az, I've liked this guy alot ever since he entered the league and feel like he's poised for a breakout season.  Hopefully I'm not sitting here saying the same thing next August.

959189[/snapback]

his upside may be limited due to the pats system. although it may change some with a new off. coordinator.  still a lot of receivers on that team and brady uses the TE quite a bit.

959440[/snapback]

I still think Givens is the guy to have this year.  His size makes him a great red zone target.  He started off last year with at least his first 25 receptions being for 1st down.

959495[/snapback]

That's what I thought last year as well, and I was right, until Branch came back and then Givens went from being a reliable starter to disappointingly average...

959517[/snapback]

I was on the Givens bandwagon last season when Branch was out. Givens and Patten looked like a nice duo for Brady. But then Branch comes back and it was completely obvious who Brady favors.

While Givens may be a nice redzone target (and their glut of TEs), Branch is still the bonafide "number one" for the Pats.

I have Branch in a few leagues, and am expecting good things from him... whether or not they "spread the ball around" or will be affected by not having Weis there.

Decent #2 WR in most leagues... fantastic #3 in all (where I have him pegged).