[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McAllister or McGahee

RATT8191

Yes I took McAllister over NcGahee at #8 in the first round (12 Teams), yesterday in our draft :D . Many league members shook there heads :D at this one but not entirely once I gave thiem my reasons. So before you start :D consider this:

1. McAllister is a proven top 3 RB when healthy :D

2. NO has an experienced QB.....Buf. has a rookie QB :D

3. NO has a better OL.............Buf. OL stinks :yay:

4. McGahee put up his numbers while Bledsoe was at the helm :yay:

5. McGahee was ranked at least 70 or greater last year going into the draft on most cheatsheets :fool:

So these are the main reasons why I made the decision I did. I feel like too many people get caught up in one year. Especailly if this one year was under a different set of circumstances. Now I'm not saying that McGahee would not have been a great pick at #8. People just tend to forget about what kind of numbers McAllister put up under this same system in NO. He has to stay healthy, but so does McGahee under an unproven OL and QB.

I think based on these factors I made a very smart pick and the safest pick, even considering McAllisters injuries in the past. Like I said McGahee has to play with a new set of circumstnces. He has to prove that he can succeed in that environment first. The QB and OL line must prove they can succeed too. You tell me.... :D

Let the bashing begin, but just remember you could be wrong ::D And please don't bring up the hurricane factor...........that's just taking the easy way out :D These guys are pros!!

By the way I got K. Jones in the second round :D

Edited by RATT8191

I like your reasons and used many for drafting him myself, however, it only cost me my 3.4 pick! This makes the 4th year I've had Deuce. Last year was a down year because of the early injury. This year, he's baaaaack!!!!

Boy you sure are defensive for a person who has some pretty solid reasons for your choice. You will get a lot of people who think you made a big mistake, but i'm not one of them. I too, feel you made the right choice. I don't even have mcgahee in my top 10 for all the reasons you stated. The buff O could be really bad (rookie qb, weak OL) and the only bright spot is mcgahee, so it will make it easy for opponents to key on him. And as far as i'm concerned he's just as much an injury risk as McCallister. Sure he probably has more potential than Duece but their is also a lot of risk. You made the safe choice and i don't think you'll regret it.

Well, i drafted McGahee at 8 in my money league.... i'm feeling pretty shotty after hearing all these responses. I'm not really a bills fan either.... Deuce got picked 12th, and the guy wont trade with me even up.

You guys think I should try and get Jamal Lewis for McGahee? I just want to get some value before the season starts

Edited by scb175

I like your reasons and used many for drafting him myself, however, it only cost me my 3.4 pick!

968201[/snapback]

Your league must consist of a bunch of 10-year-olds. In adult leagues, Deuce is a first-round pick.

Oh, and I would've taken him before McGahee as well.

WOW!!!

And I thought I would get pounded on for that pick................lol

Just goes to show you that you can't always go by the cheatsheets, including this site.

Not that it would have mattered, but I'm glad to here that everyone agrees with my pick. :D

Edited by RATT8191

Very clever response, Bill. You probably put a great deal of thought into your response. An "adult league"? :D

For the record, it is a local league that we have had for 15 years. Secondly, everybody does not draft off the same list that apparently everyone you run around with does.

Maybe the explanation is last year's injury. Maybe the Hurricane situation. I heard many comments/concerns regarding playing road games all year. We did have one rookie owner join us this year who went with Carnell Williams in the second round after McGahee. There actually can even be some more reasons, go ahead and put a little more creative thought into it.

For those interested in how, here it is:

Franchise player Tomlinson

Franchise player Alexander

Franchise player Manning

Franchise player Holmes

1.5 Jones-Dal

1.6 Culpepper

1.7 McGahee

1.8 Dillon

1.9 Jackson-Stl (a result of the pre-season?)

1.10 Moss-Oak

2.1 James-Ind

2.2 Portis-Was

2.3 Lewis-Bal

2.4 McNabb-Phi

2.5 Barber-Nyg

2.6 Williams-Tb

2.7 Harrision-Ind

2.8 Davis-Hou

2.9 Johnson-Cin

2.10 Owens-Phi

3.1 Holt-Stl

3.2 Martin-Nyj

3.3 Jones-Det

3.4 McAllister-No

We draw cards for EVERY round, not serpentine.

i too like deuce a tad better than mcgahee - in my draft deuce went #5 and mcgahee #6

Very clever response, Bill. You probably put a great deal of thought into your response. An "adult league"?  :D

For the record, it is a local league that we have had for 15 years. Secondly, everybody does not draft off the same list that apparently everyone you run around with does.

Maybe the explanation is last year's injury. Maybe the Hurricane situation. I heard many comments/concerns regarding playing road games all year. We did have one rookie owner join us this year who went with Carnell Williams in the second round after McGahee. There actually can even be some more reasons, go ahead and put a little more creative thought into it.

For those interested in how, here it is:

Franchise player Tomlinson

Franchise player Alexander

Franchise player Manning

Franchise player Holmes

1.5 Jones-Dal

1.6 Culpepper

1.7 McGahee

1.8 Dillon

1.9 Jackson-Stl  (a result of the pre-season?)

1.10 Moss-Oak

2.1 James-Ind

2.2 Portis-Was

2.3 Lewis-Bal

2.4 McNabb-Phi

2.5 Barber-Nyg

2.6 Williams-Tb

2.7 Harrision-Ind

2.8 Davis-Hou

2.9 Johnson-Cin

2.10 Owens-Phi

3.1 Holt-Stl

3.2 Martin-Nyj

3.3 Jones-Det

3.4 McAllister-No

We draw cards for EVERY round, not serpentine.

968553[/snapback]

You'll have to excuse me for questioning the collective age of those who draft Cadillac Williams, Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, and Tiki Freakin' Barber over a proven workhorse like Deuce. I have yet to see Deuce be drafted outside of the first round in redraft leagues or not be held onto as a keeper. If Deuce's injury last year was such a concern, why are your league members so high on Julius?

The whole "16 road games" issue is being way overblown. Marty Booker played 16 road games in '02, yet still managed to haul in 97 receptions and made it to the Pro Bowl. It's not like these guys are homeless and sleeping on park benches.

I'm with you Mel.

Truth be told, I took Mcgahee before I knew the magnitude of the NO disaster. I just never liked Deuce.

You'll be sorry....the Saints will not recover this year from Katrina and McGahee will have more opportunities than you can count. Remember I'm the one guy who says.....McGahee

970311[/snapback]

Im in a league that keeps one franchise player.....Team had McGahee and Deuce..he kept McGahee...somehow (we have some idiots in our league), Deuce slid all the way down to me with the 10th pick..I already had Edge...with 10th pick before the draft, i was looking at 2nd or 3rd tiered backs.....Grabbing Deuce, was very pleased......Katrina is devastating..but they are professionals....I think, if anything, they will be playing with a lot of pride this year......Go DEUCE!

In all three re-drafts I attended this year, Deuce went before McGahee. I picked late in all of them, the latest McGahee went was at 11--to me. So there are pretty high hopes for deuce out there this year. I have my concerns about McGahee, but we'll see. I know if I could have chosen between the two, I would have taken Deuce over Willis.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

I like Deuce over McGahee. A couple of things to keep in mind depending upon how your scoring system is structured - Deuce catches more passes, but McGahee probably will outscore him in the TD department. I just think that McGahee will be getting mobbed regularly at the line of scrimmage with Losman at the helm and will have a hard time finding running room.