[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got back from Pittsburgh

Menudo

I'm know I'm known as a big-time, annoying Steeler homer around here.

Therefore, I am NOT going to say any of the following:

1. I AM NOT going to rip on the tons of people who told me that Ben was a fluke

and was a major weakness on this team despite going 15-0 last year. :D

2. I AM NOT going to gloat and pull up all the posts where people said that the

Steelers offense was terrible and I tried to tell everyone to relax and that it

was only pre-season, at which point I was told that I was being an

un-realistic homer.

3. I AM NOT going to repeat that the Steelers still have an awesome offensive

line and a big-play defense that despite all the talk about the Ravens,

Panthers, and Eagles, was the BEST defense in the NFL last year, and lost

No one.

4. I AM NOT going to gloat about how awesome Willie Parker looks and how

awesome Big Ben looked, and how awesome James Farrior looked, and

how awesome Antwaan Randle-El looked.

5. I AM NOT going to talk about the fact that Big Ben is now 15-0 as a starter in

the regular season and 16-1 overall to start his career.

However,

1. I AM going to hear everyone tell me that it was only the Titans and that the

Titans are terrible.

2. I AM going to hear everyone tell me that Ben still isn't that good because he

only threw 11 passes, and he doesn't throw for 350 yards.

3. I AM going to hear that it was only the first game and not to get too excited,

which I obviously already know to be the truth, but this is fun.

4. I AM going to be called a homer, a momo, and be compared to Ugly Tuna. :D

5. I AM going to write and post a poem tomorrow. :D

6. I AM going to finish this post with:

:D HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!

and this

:D

Steelers :D

:D

and this for all of those who fed me all of that crap about how the Steelers and Ben were a fluke :D

Edited by Menudo

see ya in a couple weeks

983223[/snapback]

Yes we will. Hopefully it will be a repeat of the FIRST game last year, but today's Steeler game doesn't change the fact that the PATRIOTS ARE the team to beat in the NFL once again and Tom Brady is what I hope Big Ben can someday become even close to.

The Steelers are certainly no fluke. Kudos :D to your team today but, Ben still isn't anything close to a great or even good qb until the team puts the game in his hands and has to ride him to win. It's still the O-Line and the running game. Any qb that only throws 11 times in a game will admit that. All Ben needs to do (to quote a scene in Friday night lights) is to exist in those 2 seconds from the snap until he hands the ball off. I just can't let ya ride that high until next week, you need some negative stuff posted here. :D

Where is Spain, didn't he say the Titans would kill the Steelers?

As for Roethisberger why do guys put him down until he carries a team on his shoulders? He's young but a good runner, good passer and gets better almost every day. He'll be better at the end of the year than he is now.

The SB's a long way away.

I only saw Parker's stats as he sat on my bench.  Obviously they were very good, but is he really going to start for pitt when staley returns.  was his performance the result of his running or great blocking or both?

983619[/snapback]

Both. However, I can not turn a blind eye to what part of the day he was responsible for. I don't think that Parker is going to put Stayley on the bench, sucks for fantasy, but I don't think that Stayley is going to keep Parker on the bench either.

Where is Spain, didn't he say the Titans would kill the Steelers?

As for Roethisberger why do guys put him down until he carries a team on his shoulders? He's young but a good runner, good passer and gets better almost every day. He'll be better at the end of the year than he is now.

The SB's a long way away.

983643[/snapback]

All of what you say is true but, can't let Steeler fans get a big head now, someone has got to have a decenting voice. Seriously though, as good as Ben seems to be in a game or games I should say; the running game in Pitt. is the cornerstone and driving force of the Off. Ben will probably turn out to be a very good q/b because of his situation and being able to get game experience while also gaining confidence and winning games all goes to his advantage. This is predominantly because he's not put into the tougher situations of other q/bs just starting out and thrown into the fire. Because of the great o-line and running game he's not in situations where he will make many mistakes. As was pointed out before, any q/b only having to throw 11 times in a game while also winning is in a very good situation to succeed. More power to Ben, and may he grow into a great q/b, he just isn't all that just yet but, someday probably will be.

Just shaddup. That's all, just shaddup. I hate you.  :D

983410[/snapback]

:D If it makes you feel any better, I stared Chad Pennington in one league and lost by 4 points.

I'm feeling pretty good about our bet righ about now, are you ? :D

Both.  However, I can not turn a blind eye to what part of the day he was responsible for.  I don't think that Parker is going to put Stayley on the bench, sucks for fantasy, but I don't think that Stayley is going to keep Parker on the bench either.

983645[/snapback]

I can honestly say that I am not sure about that Skippy. If he continues to play as he is, I can't see them taking the job from him. When Duce returns, he will more than likely get some time, but I still see Parker as the starter. When Bettis returns, he can still get short yardage and goal-line carries. It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

And then you get to watch the Ravens get :D by the Colts.

Did you have a good day Menudo?

983709[/snapback]

NFL-wise it was top-notch. An Eagle loss would be nice tonight too. :D The Raven loss was quite satisfying. After hearing "experts" pick them all year to be among the AFC elite. :D After the first week, I'd say the AFC elite appears to be New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City. However, as we all know, it is WAY too early to tell, but those are just my first impressions.

Fantasy-wise, it was god-awful. Went 0-3. :D

However, I am and will always be a Steeler/NFL first person, so all-in-all, I'm happy.