[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leave him in...

mhayhurst

Pittsburgh Tribune Review

According to article Staley says

"If he's out there running and he's doing what he's doing, and putting up great numbers and we're winning, without a doubt - leave him in there," Staley said of Parker.

"I told (Parker), 'You got something that Bus and I don't have - that's a couple gears,'" Staley said. "Bussie has one gear and I have two-and-a-half. ... But Willie definitely has five or six gears."

Edited by mhayhurst

Is it me or does it seem like neither Bettis nor Staley want to play football? :D

991732[/snapback]

if you were a banged up old timer, wouldn't you want to stay in the league and cash nice checks for the next couple of yrs, or in bus's case at least the rest of this yr? whoever they put in there should do decent. the steelers have one of the top 3 or 4 offensive lines for run blocking in the league. parker looks special too. they want to win(bus and staley) a ring, and know the best chance at that might be with them on the bench. each will be used later in the yr though at least to spell parker and bus on the goal line. parker should remain fantasy starter material though.

Is it me or does it seem like neither Bettis nor Staley want to play football? :D

991732[/snapback]

It is called being a team player and sacrificing your own desires for that of the team. You Viking fans wouldn't know anything about it.

It is called being a team player and sacrificing your own desires for that of the team.  You Viking fans wouldn't know anything about it.

991778[/snapback]

Please point out a current active Viking player that is not a team player. You can do it in the form of a poem if you wish. Also, if your team has such great chemistry, please explain, again in the form of a poem, why everyone thinks Roethlisberger is an Kate Middleton. :D

Thanks in advance.

Please point out a current active Viking player that is not a team player. You can do it in the form of a poem if you wish. Also, if your team has such great chemistry, please explain, again in the form of a poem, why everyone thinks Roethlisberger is an Kate Middleton.  :D

Thanks in advance.

991948[/snapback]

:D

Please point out a current active Viking player that is not a team player. You can do it in the form of a poem if you wish. Also, if your team has such great chemistry, please explain, again in the form of a poem, why everyone thinks Roethlisberger is an Kate Middleton.  :D

Thanks in advance.

991948[/snapback]

I was just joking about the Vikings to rip on Hugh One. They lost their problem child. As for Roethlisberger, show me one quote from ANYONE on the Steelers saying ANYTHING negative about Ben. You can do it in the form of a guy with a funny looking haircut if you'd wish. If you want to believe football's version of the National Enquirer be my guest. By the way, how did week one go for your Vikings ? :D:D

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Menudo

I find it interesting that when one player says "just give me the ball" he's called an obnoxious ass who needs to remember he is part of a team and while another player who says, if he's playing well and we're winning, leave him in there, is considered a player that no longer wants to play football.

Kurt Warner did it with the Rams a few years ago when Martz was thinking about pulling Bulger and Warner said to Martz, if he's your starter stick with him. Since then Warner has moved on to 2 different teams to try and get another starting job so he still wants to play, as I am sure Staley and even Bettis do. I think it's great that Staley would say something like that rather than try to divide the team by demanding more playing time or a trade the way Henry did in Buffalo last year.

I am one of the first to rip on players like TO when they do something stupid but when a player shows class and/or maturity, let's give credit to them for doing so.

Nice job Duce. :D

Edited by Jrick35

It is called being a team player and sacrificing your own desires for that of the team.  You Viking fans wouldn't know anything about it.

991778[/snapback]

Vikings fans and players-selfish-tell me it isn't true.

On Sirius today Willie said the Bus and Duce have been helpng him become a good back, being patient when necessary and exploding when the opportunity is there. It looks to be a whole team effort.

Good observation.

991981[/snapback]

Maybe they'd rather win than put up numbers while losing. They'll play, but part of the team effort. The Bus at the goalline, Duce on 3rd down. Why do you guys have a problem with it? :D

Thanks in advance.

991948[/snapback]

This is an incredibly funny post. :D:D:D

I was just joking about the Vikings to rip on Hugh One.  They lost their problem child.  As for Roethlisberger, show me one quote from ANYONE on the Steelers saying ANYTHING negative about Ben.  You can do it in the form of a guy with a funny looking haircut if you'd wish.  If you want to believe football's version of the National Enquirer be my guest.  By the way, how did week one go for your Vikings ?  :D  :D

Thanks in advance.

992250[/snapback]

Ouch. Zinger.