[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rudi Johnson for the future

Rebellab

I think those are people thinking Chris Perry will take the job. I myself am not scared of having Rudi Johnson because of Perry. THIS year the most Perry can take over as is the passing down back and to spell Rudi.that is barring Rudi being injured.

994698[/snapback]

Why did they resign Rudi (a very above average back) for big money if they had faith in Perry?

I agree with you totally. just have heard quite a few people from Michigan and Ohio thinking Perry is the better back.

994719[/snapback]

I would not be surprised. Note the 'very above average comment' - Rudi is not fast, does not have too good of instincts or really anything that shouts great back. What he does have is grit and determination.

while i love rudi..i must admit, im dying for either mike anderson or tatum bell to get hurt(i know thats wrong and pathetic)so i can drop one and put perry on my roster for safety purposes

hey chris perry is a good back, they spent a 1st rounder on him, hes been working hard and accepting his role...so marvin is gonna work him in a bit, here and there, but he loves what hes got in rudi

I feel that he will finish the year barring an injury or they are out of the playoffs and want to get Perry started. I agree with Duchess, why would they pay him big bills if they weren't committed to starting him.

take it from a homer, no question that rudi is the man this season. signing rudi and TJ was key in maintaining the great chemistry in the offense last season. This is the top squad this season as the bengals make a run for playoffs.

bengals? playoffs? can it be true? :D

you just gotta believe.

lock rudi in and forget about it. perry is there to spell him and mix it up for a series or two.

tony

I read where this season Johnson was the highest paid running back in the league. If that's the case, I can't imagine that they would sit him down if he is healthy. This really surprised me. I think he is a top 10 back, to be sure, but the highest paid back? And he plays for the Bengals? Tony (Good luck this weekend, by the way), how did this come about that the Bengals spent this much money on Johnson when they are noteworthy for not throwing the money around?

believe me, the signing of rudi AND TJ was a shock to the community and inconsistent with mike brown's legacy. with the new stadium, marvin at the helm, carson taking the snaps, and a frustrating decade of failure behind them, it was time for a change. a big part of this change is marvin's influence on ownership and player signings. rudi is just the kind of player marvin loves and after a few years with corey's antics, he was ready to lock up the rb position with the right player.

tony

A friend of mine just mentioned that Rudi Johson may not start all year.  Who knows anything about this.  I have him in two leagues and he just traded him in a keeper.

994682[/snapback]

Your friend is messing with your head.

Rather successfully, it appears. :D

take it from a homer, no question that rudi is the man this season.  signing rudi and TJ was key in maintaining the great chemistry in the offense last season.

994773[/snapback]

Agreed. They didn't give Rudi a five-year, $26 million deal in the offseason to go RBBC. He's not flashy, but he's a workhorse who produces. Perry's a change-of-pace back and not much more at this point.

someone call?

Seriously Rudi is the man and that won't change anytime soon. Perry is a great change of pace, give Rudi a blow type of back that few teams have and diversifies the offence. But make no mistake Rudi is da man!

996346[/snapback]

always nice to have an objective opinion

Rudi = first and second down. He does 2 things exceptionally well: 1) follow his blocks, 2) get positive yardage. Seriously, the guy always falls forward. Plays that Dillon would lose 2 yards on, Rudi gets a yard.

Perry = third down for now. He has shown some sparks. He brings an elusivness and dual rush/receive threat, but he's got to prove some durability before anyone will give him steady work. Still, he'll get 5 touches a game because of his athletic ability.

That said, I think you absolutely handcuff Perry to Rudi. Rudi is rock solid in durability over the last 2 years, but you never know when... Perry could take the job and run with it if Rudi misses significant time IMO.

Absolutely Rudi is the man but if I had Rudi I wouldn't mind having Perry as a handcuff if I had room on my roster. He could be pretty productive if Johnson were to go down. He (Rudi) gets a lot of tough yards and takes a lot of contact.

I'd echo the prevailing sentiment - don't worry about Rudi Johnson until/unless he starts averaging <3.5 ypc or gets injured. He WILL get his touches (and yards and scores, as far as that goes).