[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams

Ditka Doom

Do you have Ricky Williams on your bench?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Ricky Williams on your bench?

• No
    • Yes
    • Not worth a spot

What kind of league are you in? Dynasty ? Keeper ? .Your backs in your sig look solid. Who would you drop to get him? If you have an expendable player go for it.If not I wouldnt make a move .

Edited by whomper

NO one in my league is even looking to pick up Ricky.  Anyone see any value in picking him up and stashing him away?

996202[/snapback]

With the backs in your sig, I'd walk away from the trash. If I were trapped with Suggs, Henry, and Anderson, I might just risk it and reach into the gutter -- he's got 8.6 million reasons to try ... unfortunately love for the game, respect for teammates, and zest for competition aren't among them.

With the backs in your sig, I'd walk away from the trash.  If I were trapped with Suggs, Henry, and Anderson, I might just risk it and reach into the gutter -- he's got 8.6 million reasons to try ... unfortunately love for the game, respect for teammates, and zest for competition aren't among them.

996465[/snapback]

I have Suggs and Anderson in the GVE league with Ricky on the bench. With those backs you'd probably not play him, considering R. Brown will have a few weeks under his belt and a RBBC is about best case. I'd trade Benson to the Jones owner to upgrade a WR and pick him up. Benson will have good weeks, but Jones isn't going away unless he's injured, so RBBC is the best bet there as well. The Bears don't have the offense to support an elite back, but Miami might. I don't care that Ricky is a dork... FF points are points. There is a lot of upside, and I really am looking forward to see how it plays out either way.

Heck yes, too much high-end potential to ignore. He's taken in both my 12 man leagues, and I'm getting most 10+ leagues he's gone in. Despite his antics, he's a wonderfully gifted player. I think the layoff was a good thing in some ways, in particular the weight loss. He looks lighter and faster but no less strong (in the pre-season anyway), so I think he just dropped unnecessary bulk. Miami has some potential to be a much better team than people originally thought, and the specter of Ricky of old coming out (no matter how remote) is too tempting to ignore. Say Brown is slow to get going. Perhaps he gets nicked up. He might even do something stupid and get into legal/league trouble. You never know, but Ricky is one heck of a handcuff back to have, especially in larger leagues.

I saw a great piece recently (NFL channel?) about the Miami players "buying in" to the Saban system. Great observation that "Saban has had tremendous success at every level, and these current Miami players now have something to believe it, something they never had under Wannstadt". I think there's a lot of truth to this. We've all encountered that "special" person in life - boss, parent, coach, teacher - for whom you'd do anything because you believed in them. I'm not saying Saban is that guy, but he's Miami's current version of him, in particular after the absolute train wreck that was Wannstadt. If you're Zack Thomas, Sam Madison, Jason Taylor, etc., you've been playing for a complete moron for so many years that a guy like Saban (i.e. not a complete and utter dumbflip) has to seem like Vince Lombardi.