[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When do you start to worry about Manning and.....

Menudo

Nice play calling.  Inside the 10 at the start of the half and three straight runs - not even one pass by Manning  -----

1020533[/snapback]

Yeah, and they were in hurry-up, so, it appeared the plays were called by Peyton.

My theory on that situation is that since they have more confidence in the D they won't let Peyton loose so much.  I'm worried now.

1020526[/snapback]

Sounds about right; I was warning everyone not to expect another 40+ tds from Manning, but I didn't think his production would be down THIS much.

Still, NFL coaches are a conservative lot, Dungy moreso than most - you think he's sad that he has to holster his stud QB and win with defense/running? I sure don't.

According to the Colts, teams are playing "Patriot" Defense. They are dropping 7 or 8 in coverage. The Colts said they are going to keep running Edge until teams change they way they are playing them. Cleveland blitzed ONE time all day, and it was the pass and long run by Wayne.

Sounds about right; I was warning everyone not to expect another 40+ tds from Manning, but I didn't think his production would be down THIS much.

Still, NFL coaches are a conservative lot, Dungy moreso than most - you think he's sad that he has to holster his stud QB and win with defense/running? I sure don't.

1020815[/snapback]

I don't know if even CaptainHook could've predicted THIS type of defensive turnaround. And it seems to be for real.

This is depressing for Manning owners.

1020908[/snapback]

Especially those of us who've never owned him before. I've always taken a QB at third round and later, usually fifth or later. This year he was there at 1.04 and I couldn't resist. I still got two good RBs, and I thought life would be good.

It isn't. Along with Manning, one of those RBs was Dom Davis. :D

Aren't they?  There are better RB options than Edge this year too.  It's almost like Dungy doesn't want to offend any opponents this year.  Very strange.

1021027[/snapback]

come on now, Edge has had a TON of yardage so far this year. . .

I just acquired Manning in a trade this week, in which I sent Culpepper packing. I don't even like Manning, but felt he would be more consistent.

Well, my QB's have put up these totals in the first 3 weeks:

Week 1: 0 Pts.

Week 2: 8 Pts.

Week 3: 7 Pts.

Who would have imagined that these gems were put up by Culpepper and Manning. Not one TD pass for my teams from a QB.

I think he'll be fine, but it doesn't help when Vanderjagt is on par with Manning in Fantasy scoring. :D

I just got off the phone the the owner that took Manning with the 2nd overall pick. He is now 0-3. And he is the commish. And the only 1pm game shown here was the Seahawks game and he got to watch Alexander (who he passed up to take Manning) score 4 td's and rack up the yards. Life is good, but not for him. :D