[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaMont Jordan

Vet

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Lamont, and I start him every week, along with D. Davis and J. Jones. So far so good on all three counts. I also have C. Brown on my bench. Jordan has been solid. Not great, but decent, a serviceable #2 RB, or a very good #3 RB. Pretty much what he was labeled as going into the season. :D

If I get 70 yards and a TD from a #2 or #3 RB each week, especially against very tough defenses, I'll take it.

Will this thread ever end?

Jordan is producing exactly as I thought he would. A servicable 2nd back and a great 3rd back. He's putting points on the board that are rather consistant and I think they will continue that way thru the season. He's touching the ball alot which is a good indication that the coaching staff is comfortable with him. He should end the year any where between the 12th and 17th best RB. I will take that from my 2nd or even 3rd Rb.

Ill take consistancy over an erratic player any day.

I do, however, have Cadillac and Julius Jones!!! :D  :D  :D

1020825[/snapback]

Jordan scored more than both of them combined this week. I know, Cadillac hurt his hammy so he didn't play the whole game (did he even play one half?).

I'll give you that Vet. I'll certainly be watching to see what ends up happening with Cadillac's injury since I do have him in my lineup.

1039128[/snapback]

Well, don't forget, Vet told us how great Caddy was going to be here. :D

EDIT: fixed.

Edited by Chavez

Remind me again - what are Carnell Williams and LaMont Jordan's year to date numbers?

1039169[/snapback]

What are Jordan and Martins YTD stats?

Point is you were flappin' yer gums about how YOU said Caddy was going to be a stud.

And oddly enough, all I could find was you ASKING who the best rookie RB was going to be.

Maybe you told yer pals at the local watering hole the Carnell was going to lead the NFL in rushing after 3 weeks, but you have nothing here to back up your sh-t-talk, so the wise move would be to shut your pole hole.

Point is you were flappin' yer gums about how YOU said Caddy was going to be a stud.

And oddly enough, all I could find was you ASKING who the best rookie RB was going to be.

Maybe you told yer pals at the local watering hole the Carnell was going to lead the NFL in rushing after 3 weeks, but you have nothing here to back up your sh-t-talk, so the wise move would be to shut your pole hole.

1039173[/snapback]

Listen you son of a crack w h o r e - bottom line is I was smart enough to take Carnell Williams and pass on LaMont Jordan.

Now go back to sucking your aunt's stinky snatch.

Edited by Vet

Remind me again - what are Carnell Williams and LaMont Jordan's year to date numbers?

1039169[/snapback]

Jordan 421 total yards 3 TD's and 16 catches = 76 pts in my league

Williams 453 total yards 2 TD's and 3 catches = 60 pts in my league

Of course I am not saying Joordan is better. just giving you those stats you asked for.

Listen you son of a crack w h o r e - bottom line is I was smart enough to take Carnell Williams and pass on LaMont Jordan.

1039183[/snapback]

So was I; so what's with the axe grinding?

EDIT: Actually, I was mistaken. I have both in the league I was thinking of.

Edited by Chavez

Vet seems to be crumbling under the pressure of his own words and being a Jet fan for so long.

Cadillac got hurt, that was a huge surprise. TB was driving that car 100MPH, was only a matter of time before the NFL hype machine would have to find somebody else to advertise.

1039264[/snapback]

Being a Jets fan does tend to make one quite bitter. Myself, I now look like a lemon.

1039173[/snapback]

Bingo.

I'm still waiting for a "Vet's Predictions" thread, so we can have a record of his Nostradamus-like football acumen.

By the way, I have Keenan McCardell and Plaxico Burress in a couple of leagues. It was just so obvious that they'd have 664 yards and 9 TDs between them by now.

I'm not interested in any league where a RB with 72 yards from scrimmage gets essentially the same points as a RB with 137 yards from scrimmage.  You need to rethink your scoring system.

1021796[/snapback]

Why would any one be slamming a #2/#3 running back who was scored 13, 12 14, & 23 in the first four games. I will take points like that from my #2/#3 rb, he is averaging over 15 points a game at that rate, The scoring system in my main league that would make him pushing for a weak #1 back or a strong #2 at this stage of the season.

and as far as this quote goes "I'm not interested in any league where a RB with 72 yards from scrimmage gets essentially the same points as a RB with 137 yards from scrimmage. You need to rethink your scoring system. ' the rb with 137 yards DID NOT FIND ENDZONE! its as much or more about touchdowns than it is yards from scrimmage.