[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Priest hurt?

jknyc

They really need to re-evaluate when they are in the red zone. Even if it is LJ's series you have to put Priest in the game. He has a nose for the end zone.

1026172[/snapback]

Or maybe KC's ability to run the ball effectively in the red zone has more to do with having two future HOFers on their line. Priest is a VERY talented back, but that O-line doesn't get nearly enough credit. I don't think it's mere coincidence that Priest's rushing TD numbers increased from 8 to 21 after they signed Willie Roaf in 2002.

I'm glad somebody focused on the negative with LJ (not to mention his personality and erratic off-the-field behavior). He was horrible Monday, and Roaf does seem to be the key - along with a great performance by the Broncos front.

Vermeil and Priest both looked out of sorts when they were nearing the goal line with Johnson in the game, and that fumble was awful, at an awful time. More fodder for later in the year when the big games are so important. Holmes made more with less than LJ in this game, from what I saw.

Since I have both Holmes and Gonzalez, the lack of passing TDs is a mental problem for me. I think they HAVE to get a couple TDs through the air to help out the running game.

Where are all the people that were saying that Larry Johnson wasn't going to see the field, and that picking LJ high was a mistake?

1025872[/snapback]

I am right here! Oh could you please pass the salt this crow is sort of bland :D

Edit for spelling

Edited by Ziachild007

If I was a Priest owner...I'd try to move him if I could...

1025868[/snapback]

I did. In a 10 team one player keeper league I kept him for trade bait. I traded he and Coles for DD and Wayne. DD hasn't helped much but Wayne is a solid #3 reciever behind Smith and TO.

I did.  In a 10 team one player keeper league I kept him for trade bait.  I traded he and Coles for DD and Wayne.  DD hasn't helped much but Wayne is a solid #3 reciever behind Smith and TO.

1027697[/snapback]

in my league, I talked the Priest owner into trading him for Alexander in a package deal as the Alexander owner's best WR's are Boldin(acquired by me) and D Bennett.....and he has 3 top 10 WR's....so he can definately offer him something...

and the other owner is all ears...

I promise you Vermeil will not piss this season away just to get Johnson carries. You will see more of Holmes as the season goes on.

1027670[/snapback]

I think that he'll spell Priest more often in December to keep him fresh, assuming that they're still a playoff-bound team at that point. Until then, I'd be surprised if he got less than 18-20 carries per game.

I thought that KC and Vermeil made it pretty clear in the off-season that they were going to use Priest differently and try to get a full season out of him this year.

Aside from a handfull of teams RBBC seems to be the way teams are going.

theres no bigger Priest fan then me, but face it -the guys getting older, isnt a stranger to injury, and has a weaker OL to run behind.

Add a young RB with talent and i am not suprised that he is getting spelled more often.

Anyone who drafted him early had to know there were risks-- and not just the injury kind.

I promise you Vermeil will not piss this season away just to get Johnson carries. You will see more of Holmes as the season goes on.

1027670[/snapback]

I'll take it from someone whom actually knows a thing or two about the Cheifs. As for the rest of you idiots who have traded him and think he's done :D you will wish you hadn't :D:D

Resting Priest is a bunch of crap. He was clearly the better runner on Monday, and if Vermiel had any sense, he would stick with him, not rotate Johnson in every other series. This RB rotation is a joke. I am a Penn State fan and not a Priest owner, so there is nothing against Larry. I think the rotation is hurting the Chiefs, not helping.

Resting Priest is a bunch of crap.  He was clearly the better runner on Monday, and if Vermiel had any sense, he would stick with him, not rotate Johnson in every other series.  This RB rotation is a joke.  I am a Penn State fan and not a Priest owner, so there is nothing against Larry.  I think the rotation is hurting the Chiefs, not helping.

1029841[/snapback]

From what I saw, the problem was that Denver was keying on the run and neither Priest nor LJ had significant running lanes. That can be attributed to (1) Roaf's injury and (2) their lackluster passing game.

Vermeil would be an idiot to make a 32-year-old who has had two major knee injuries and a serious hip injury tote the rock 30 times per game. This is especially true when he has a very capable #2 in LJ at his disposal and an O-line that can make any halfway-decent back look like a stud.

As much as I love Priest and the Chiefs, I pretty much agree with Bill on this. I do think that there will be a handful of games where the situation will dictate that Vermeil will keep Holmes in the game more than the quoted %, and I think there may be games where he'll sit even more. I also think that Priest is due to break one and have a super game. For some reason, IF ROAF PLAYS this weekend, I think he is going to surprise people. I think the Chiefs bounce back big this week - IF ROAF PLAYS. I'm sitting here with Holmes and Gonzo, and trying to figure out what the heck to do with them. If history has taught me anything, the very week you start thinking of getting tricky, you end up regretting it. I think I'll stick with the studs, and see what happens.

I'll take it from someone whom actually knows a thing or two about the Cheifs. As for the rest of you idiots who have traded him and think he's done :D you will wish you hadn't :D  :D

1029215[/snapback]

You want to come on here and say you know a thing or two about the Chiefs, call us idiots, but yet you can't even spell CHIEFS? Who's the idiot now. Newbie TOOL! :D:D:D

EDIT-okay so maybe you're not a newbie, but you are still a tool!

Edited by Hat Trick