[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team Defenses Report

Bill Swerski

The over/under is 45, not exactly a "shootout", but clearly alot of people are expecting some points to be scored.  The only three games with higher over/unders are the Giants/Rams(47), Pats/Chargers(47) and Chiefs/Eagles(45.5).

The Jets/Ravens O/U is 31!  I'm not sure I've seen anything that low before!  :D

1031570[/snapback]

I'll go out on a limb and say the Philly/KC game will be the under...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so aggrivating.

Indy has played POOR offenses, thus their DEFENSE might look a little better than it actually is.

You match them up with an underated offense like TEN, who have a weak defense, and you potentially have two solid offenses, going against two mediocre defenses.

Potential shootout.

And shootouts are bad for both defenses.

It's a prediction, and I think it's pretty well founded. Holy crap.

This is so aggrivating. 

Indy has played POOR offenses, thus their DEFENSE might look a little better than it actually is. 

You match them up with an underated offense like TEN, who have a weak defense, and you potentially have two solid offenses, going against two mediocre defenses.

Potential shootout.

And shootouts are bad for both defenses. 

It's a prediction, and I think it's pretty well founded.  Holy crap.

1031832[/snapback]

Is there an echo in here? :D

Anyways... hey, everyone's entitled to their opinions; including completely disagreeing with what's presented on this site. I've been wrong before. I've been right. I will be wrong again. I will be right again. :D

Thank you, drive through.

Now criticising pay content like last weeks, where Lamar Smith was listed as Westbrooks back up, or this weeks, where Antrell Rolle is said to be matched up against either Battle or Lloyd when Rolle is out for the next month....now those are valid examples of sub par pay content.

1031381[/snapback]

The facts you see come with the price of admission. Accurate facts cost extra. :D

Sorta like super sizing your order?  Oh, wait, you can't do that anymore.  :D

1031898[/snapback]

the non paying customers get the aluminum package...paying customers get gold....and the customers paying extra get the platinum package with allll of the accurate info of who is covering who and who is going to get the best numbers out of all the NFL backup RB's...

I think you can at Burger King or is that Wendy's?

1031900[/snapback]

Ah yes, the infamous "Great Biggie" size at Wendy's.

the non paying customers get the aluminum package...paying customers get gold....and the customers paying extra get the platinum package with allll of the accurate info of who is covering who and who is going to get the best numbers out of all the NFL backup RB's...

1031908[/snapback]

Yeah, if you get the platinum deal, Grits actually answers your kicker, "who will win this matchup" and "rate my team" posts. :D

Ah yes, the infamous "Great Biggie" size at Wendy's.

Yeah, if you get the platinum deal, Grits actually answers your kicker, "who will win this matchup" and "rate my team" posts.  :D

1031938[/snapback]

no, he won't....he just won't put you on ignore....yet...

little mistakes seem to get noticed around these parts.  :D

1031980[/snapback]

That's what happens when you run a fantasy football site, charge money and have knowledgeable members. :D

To me, it speaks volumes about the quality of the posters here at the Huddle :D

Well...most of them anyway :D

So, you smoke pot, eh? Well, that might explain a few things. :D

I think it's gonna be a shootout... Figure Indy will score at least 27 on the Titans. So, 27-20... something like that. That, in my mind, is a shootout. Borderline, but still.

1031755[/snapback]

I don't know what the texbook definition of "shootout" is, but I can't see that term applying when one team only crosses the stripe twice. 27-27 might be closer, but neither team has scored 27 points yet this season (and one has the league's #1-ranked defense), so I see even that as a stretch.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but people who write fantasy advice columns should at least have some sort of rational basis for their prognostications. Given what's happened already this season, I challenge you to form some sort of rational basis for the prediction of a "shootout" (let's say an over/under of at least 55) and/or a rationale for benching a defense that has forced 9 fumbles, 3 INTs, and has recorded 13 (!) sacks in only three games (oh, and is only giving up an average of 5.3 ppg).

But do I have a crystal ball that's telling me stuff?  No.  Apparently Bill does.

No, but I know better than to give the league's #1-ranked defense the "start at your own risk" label and try to attempt to pass that off as legitimate fantasy advice. Geez, at least wait for them to have a mediocre game first. Should I also bench T.O. because he's matched up against a "new and improved" Chiefs defense this weekend? :D

I think ironically the prediction wasnt as much a slight of indys D it was a nod to their Offense that is due to explode..If that happens The Titans may be throwing all afternoon. That should translate to gaudy yardage and a decent amount of points scored..Not as much points as the Colts most likely but a big fantasy day offensively..

So, you smoke pot, eh?  Well, that might explain a few things.  :D

I don't know what the texbook definition of "shootout" is, but I can't see that term applying when one team only crosses the stripe twice.  27-27 might be closer, but neither team has scored 27 points yet this season (and one has the league's #1-ranked defense), so I see even that as a stretch.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but people who write fantasy advice columns should at least have some sort of rational basis for their prognostications.  Given what's happened already this season, I challenge you to form some sort of rational basis for the prediction of a "shootout" (let's say an over/under of at least 55) and/or a rationale for benching a defense that has forced 9 fumbles, 3 INTs, and has recorded 13 (!) sacks in only three games (oh, and is only giving up an average of 5.3 ppg).

No, but I know better than to give the league's #1-ranked defense the "start at your own risk" label and try to attempt to pass that off as legitimate fantasy advice.  Geez, at least wait for them to have a mediocre game first.  Should I also bench T.O. because he's matched up against a "new and improved" Chiefs defense this weekend?  :D

1032165[/snapback]

:D Because the "number one NFL defense" ALWAYS translates into the best fantasy defense.... :D

Whatever Swerski, I'm not gonna get into a pissing match over this. Challenge me all you want... I based my prognostications on a good deal of research. I'm not gonna succumb to the whim of a Huddler that is known to spout off like a leaky faucet.

Oh, and John Digweed is a DJ. Talk about doing due diligence. :D

Edited by darin3

:D  Because the "number one NFL defense" ALWAYS translates into the best fantasy defense....  :D

1032182[/snapback]

They almost always translate into a starting fantasy defense. And if my league gets points for sacks, forced fumbles, or INTs, I'd be hard-pressed to bench them this week.

Oh, and John Digweed is a DJ.  Talk about doing due diligence.  :D

Actually, I was recalling your old avatar (the one with the pot leaf).

Edited by Bill Swerski

So, you smoke pot, eh?  Well, that might explain a few things.  :D

1032165[/snapback]

Yo Willy, the big Rick here....don't be drizzlin on my nizzle....Shaneqwa and Laquesha are on thier way to yer crib as I speakbibble.....

All I know iz, if yer broke you must smoke.....footbizzle or hey...are those nachos???? :D

They almost always translate into a starting fantasy defense.

1032189[/snapback]

"Almost always". Way to talk in absolutes there, Swerski. On the fence much?

Oh, and by the way:

Week 1: 2 INT, 2 FR, 3 sacks (15 fantasy points)

Week 2: 1 FR (3 fantasy points)

Week 3: 1 INT, 2 FR, 2 sacks (11 fantasy points)

Average: 9.67 fantasy points

That's what Tennesee's given up in the first 3 weeks of the season. Pretty average, at best. And that's against two of the best defenses in the NFL.

Indianapolis' D is much improved. But to say they're going to do any better than Pittsburgh or Baltimore is foolish.

Yo Willy, the big Rick here....don't be drizzlin on my nizzle....Shaneqwa and Laquesha are on thier way to yer crib as I speakbibble.....

All I know iz, if yer broke you must smoke.....footbizzle or hey...are those nachos????  :D

1032208[/snapback]

I didn't take Snoop Dog in College.

Can anyone translate? :D

( :D )

They almost always translate into a starting fantasy defense.  And if my league gets points for sacks, forced fumbles, or INTs, I'd be hard-pressed to bench them this week.

Actually, I was recalling your old avatar (the one with the pot leaf).

1032189[/snapback]

:D I have NEVER used a pot leaf as an avatar. Nice try, though.

Week 2:  1 FR (3 fantasy points)

1032210[/snapback]

Oops, looks like someone forgot about the six sacks! Looks like we really can't rely on you for accurate information! :D

Indianapolis' D is much improved.  But to say they're going to do any better than Pittsburgh or Baltimore is foolish.

I never said that. Baltimore's a great start this week. Pittsburgh is a very strong defense. But don't give me this "start at your own risk" crap with the Colts D.

I didn't take Snoop Dog in College.

Can anyone translate? :D

( :D )

1032216[/snapback]

It means he loves show tunes and a good Streisand box set