[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL sucks

rajncajn

pretty hard to sell tv ads in a town with no electric

1039137[/snapback]

That's not what the blackout rule is about. Has nothing to do with whether people are watching TV or not.

The blackout rule is meant for only one purpose - to put butts in the seats at the local stadium. The don't want the potential ticket-buyer saying "I'll just stay home and watch the game on TV." so they black it out in the home market if the game is not sold out.

But if the "home market" is 543 miles away (NO to San Antonio according to mapquest), I don't understand how blacking the game out is going to put even one additional butt in a seat.

That's not what the blackout rule is about.  Has nothing to do with whether people are watching TV or not.

The blackout rule is meant for only one purpose - to put butts in the seats at the local stadium.  The don't want the potential ticket-buyer saying "I'll just stay home and watch the game on TV."  so they black it out in the home market if the game is not sold out.

But if the "home market" is 543 miles away (NO to San Antonio according to mapquest), I don't understand how blacking the game out is going to put even one additional butt in a seat.

1039158[/snapback]

if conditions in the gulf were normal the local tv station would have probably bought up all remaining tickets so the game would be televised

if conditions in the gulf were normal the local tv station would have probably bought up all remaining tickets so the game would be televised

1039170[/snapback]

If conditions were normal, the game would have been at the Superdome and it would have been sold out.

Guest THEbigred
I can't believe they're blacking out the Saints game. :D

1038342[/snapback]

LOL @ all the reasons one could use to make a case for the NFL sucking....and coming up with blacking out NO vs BUF. Yeah how could they, what a travesty!

:waits for rajncajn to show up saying that he was trying to watch the game on FOX:

1039146[/snapback]

FOX usually carries the Saints games here, but it was said that CBS would be carrying the game. I checked both & neither had the game in my area. Maybe they only played it on WWL. :D

Here is a what I read about this situation from the DFW Star-Telegram:

Posted on Sat, Oct. 01, 2005

NFL NOTES

<snip>

Saints on TV

The NFL determined that Sunday's New Orleans vs. Buffalo game in San Antonio isn't mandated by the league's local television blackout rule, The Times-Picayune of New Orleans reported. So even if the games aren't sellouts (10,800 tickets remained as of noon Thursday), the San Antonio affiliates have the option to show the Saints game or show any other game they want, as usual.

The Saints-Bills game will be shown on the New Orleans CBS affiliate instead of the Houston Texans-Cincinnati Bengals game. But the New Orleans Fox affiliate, KABB, plans to show Dallas Cowboys games instead of Saints games on Oct. 16 (vs. Atlanta) and Dec. 24 (vs. Detroit).

:D

EDIT: Sorry, I got there via Google search, but it asks me to register if I use the link here.

Edited by Gunther

LOL @ all the reasons one could use to make a case for the NFL sucking....and coming up with blacking out NO vs BUF.    Yeah how could they, what a travesty!

1039240[/snapback]

Once a tool always a tool.

Take a hike if you don't like our posts.

The Saints-Bills game will be shown on the New Orleans CBS affiliate instead of the Houston Texans-Cincinnati Bengals game. But the New Orleans Fox affiliate, KABB, plans to show Dallas Cowboys games instead of Saints games on Oct. 16 (vs. Atlanta) and Dec. 24 (vs. Detroit).

The FOX station didn't make any choice, the game was a CBS game with the AFC team the visitor.

Not the point of the thread I know...

LOL @ all the reasons one could use to make a case for the NFL sucking....and coming up with blacking out NO vs BUF.    Yeah how could they, what a travesty!

1039240[/snapback]

You're a dick. :oldrolleyes:

Edited by rajncajn