[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Clayton

Coffeeman

Just can't figure it out - he was supposed to be my #2 behind Javon Walker, then promoted to #1 when JW went down. I see he got a boo-boo on his shoulder on Sunday, but he wasn't doing much before that either.

Crap, TJH and Roy Williams are both doing better than him, and that's not saying much. Now he's barely making it at #3, and is about to ride the bench

Am I overracting, or should I have never picked him up? My WRs suck so bad I traded RB WParker to get him + a better TE, and I'm feeling really stupid. :D

Can't believe Joey Galloway is getting all the love from Griese....

I'm suffering w/ Clayton as well, but am not giving up just yet. Thorugh the first three weeks, he was better than Galloway in plays (24 "pass-tos" as opposed to 18 for Joe G). Now that Caddy is dinged up, I think we'll see a more balanced O attack in which Clayton should get more and hopefully better chances. If he's still sucking wind 2-3 weeks from now it might be time to look elsewhere.

I think he'll pour on a strong 2nd half...

1040848[/snapback]

No, he'll suck all year, like Coles, because I desperately need him in my dynasty league. Oh, did I mention I also have Evans? Stay as far away from these three as you can get.

For what it is worth, Clayton wasn't needed much when Cadillac was running strong in the first three weeks. Clayton offers ball control, possession catches that have been replaced with "look at Carnell go" runs by the rookie.

Last week he was pitted against Dre Bly which predictably led Griese to throw away from him. Clayton will get better, but when Cadillac runs well, he takes the bread and butter away from Clayton. Galloway is mostly just a long threat that works well when the defense moves up to contain Cadillac. Long as Cadillac is injured and the Bucs are in a tight game, then I would expect that Clayton will become a bigger part of the game plan. Unfortunately, that may not happen for a while since his schedule is MIA, bye and @SF next.

Good thing T. J. Whosmydada is playing so well. He eases the pain of Clayton.

1040905[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat. Playing Housh as my #2 is saving my behind. Course, now with Engram's cracked ribs I may have to slide Clayton back in as my #3 WR. :D

For what it is worth, Clayton wasn't needed much when Cadillac was running strong in the first three weeks. Clayton offers ball control, possession catches that have been replaced with "look at Carnell go" runs by the rookie.

Last week he was pitted against Dre Bly which predictably led Griese to throw away from him. Clayton will get better, but when Cadillac runs well, he takes the bread and butter away from Clayton. Galloway is mostly just a long threat that works well when the defense moves up to contain Cadillac. Long as Cadillac is injured and the Bucs are in a tight game, then I would expect that Clayton will become a bigger part of the game plan. Unfortunately, that may not happen for a while since his schedule is MIA, bye and @SF next.

1040879[/snapback]

Thanks - gotta love it when DMD responds in detail. And guys like yomama. This is why I love this site, and why I will never tell my locals about it.... :D

Oh yeah, forgot to mention my others too: Evans, RoyW, TJH, GLewis and TCalico. A lot of hopes and prayers in there, not much beef so far. I'm a crazy optimist...

Edited by Coffeeman

If there's one guy that ticks me off this year, it's Joey Freaking Galloway. Guy comes from NOWHERE and is stealing all of Michael Clayton's love. I too picked up Michael in 2 leagues where he was to be a very solid #2 WR. (One of which was to Javon Walker who's done).

Just can't figure it out - he was supposed to be my #2 behind Javon Walker, then promoted to #1 when JW went down.  I see he got a boo-boo on his shoulder on Sunday, but he wasn't doing much before that either.

Crap, TJH and Roy Williams are both doing better than him, and that's not saying much.  Now he's barely making it at #3, and is about to ride the bench

Am I overracting, or should I have never picked him up?  My WRs suck so bad I traded RB WParker to get him + a better TE, and I'm feeling really stupid.  :D

Can't believe Joey Galloway is getting all the love from Griese....

1040833[/snapback]

Galloway cannot possibly stay healthy all season...like Terry Glenn he will get dinged up at some point. Clayton is a good second half bet...

If there's one guy that ticks me off this year, it's Joey Freaking Galloway. Guy comes from NOWHERE and is stealing all of Michael Clayton's love. I too picked up Michael in 2 leagues where he was to be a very solid #2 WR. (One of which was to Javon Walker who's done).

1041348[/snapback]

If it is any consolation, Galloway is 34 years old and has not played all 16 games since 2002. You know he will get hurt eventually.

Don't give up on Clayton - not by a long shot. I agree that Caddy's injury will help Clayton - with Pittman in there corners will have to respect his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield which should free Clayton up.

The guy is just under stud level, IMO.

What hasn't been mentioned yet is Griese. He's steadily gone downhill since Week 1 in Minnesota. If anything hurts Clayton's chances, itll be the declining play of Griese.

Continue to play Michael Clayton with confidence.

I think he'll get better - I had him last year and remember him starting slow then (although that was as a rookie).

Benching him this week against the Jets - playing Ferguson instead.

Drafted Gonzo & Clayton back-to-back, end of 3rd, beginning of 4th. Throw in Lav Coles, and I'm lucky to be 1-3!