[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston @ St. Louis

I Like Soup

Just a suggestion.

Don't groove a fastball to Pujols with 2 on in the 9th.  :D

Or he will hit it halfway to San Antonio.

1078602[/snapback]

[Costner]"Anything that flies that far oughta have a stewardess on it." [/Costner]

Took me about a half-second to figure out who hit that (was in the local tavern and paying significantly more attention to MNF; all the NLCS got was the occasional glance and utterance of "choke on it, LaRussa").

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1078602[/snapback]

lol...I think I could have hit that pitch.

Not sure what Lidge or Garner were thinking there but I would have much rather pitched to Sanders with 2 outs then Pujols...

Oh well...hello Game 6...

lol...I think I could have hit that pitch.

Not sure what Lidge or Garner were thinking there but I would have much rather pitched to Sanders with 2 outs then Pujols...

Oh well...hello Game 6...

1078717[/snapback]

Exactly!

Terrible managing.

I don't feel good going back to St. L.

It's really terrible being a 'Stros and Bills fan. I tell ya it really sucks. I'm not that old and look like I'm in my 80's. :D

Just a suggestion.

Or he will hit it halfway to San Antonio.

1078602[/snapback]

I think it was a slider that didn't slide.

Lidge has been awful for the past couple weeks.  Not a good time for a stud closer to be in a slump.

But I'm happy to see these two continue to beat on each other, while the Sox are resting up at home.  :D

1078848[/snapback]

Lidge's stuff has definately been on and off and when you make a mistake to the best hitter in the NL you usually pay. My biggest problem with Lidge in that inning was the way he pitched to Edmunds. It seemed like he was almost pitching around him or at least his location was horrible. He!! he almost hit him with one pitch. You have to go after Edmunds and if he homers(not likely) it's only tied.

Which makes it a fastball.

1079995[/snapback]

Nope because it hung up there for him to him 500 ft. A fastball would've have been 96 mph and probably hand cuffs him a bit.

That said I will agree with my Republican brother that it in the end it was probably the equivalent of a Tim Wakefield fastball.

Either way WM is right, it was a grade A meatball.

Houston we have a series.

Im hoping for game seven.

1079976[/snapback]

Me too. No offense to the 'Stros fans here, but I'd rather the Sox face a beat-up Cards offense and very-good-but-not-dominant pitching rather than Oswalt, Clemens, Pettite, and Lidge.

Me too.  No offense to the 'Stros fans here, but I'd rather the Sox face a beat-up Cards offense and very-good-but-not-dominant pitching rather than Oswalt, Clemens, Pettite, and Lidge.

1081684[/snapback]

come-on, admit it--you just want to get a chance to see how the NL MVP plays against your White Sox.

Edited by wiegie

come-on, admit it--you just want to get a chance to see how the NL MVP plays against your White Sox.

1081760[/snapback]

Well, the reigning AL MVP didn't do too well (1-20). :D

Pujols has some serious freaking skills. But if they face him, the Sox will probably pitch around him. I'd rather see the Sox face Pujols four times a game than seven or eight straight innings of Oswalt and Clemens (twice).

Well, the reigning AL MVP didn't do too well (1-20).  :D

Pujols has some serious freaking skills.  But if they face him, the Sox will probably pitch around him.  I'd rather see the Sox face Pujols four times a game than seven or eight straight innings of Oswalt and Clemens (twice).

1082282[/snapback]

I seriously don't blame you. Out of all the NL teams that I did not want to make the post-season, it was Houston. I was rooting for Philly and Florida from about the All-Star break onward.

Houston's pitching is scary-good.

I do not see another miracle happening tonight.

1082904[/snapback]

Another wild card team seemingly going to make it to the World Series.

There needs to be some kind of negative for not winning your division. Winning your division gives you no edge.

Anyway, Astros/White Sox will be good. I've got to go with the Astros.

I mean, if they win tonight...:D

Another wild card team seemingly going to make it to the World Series.

There needs to be some kind of negative for not winning your division.  Winning your division gives you no edge.

Anyway, Astros/White Sox will be good.  I've got to go with the Astros.

I mean, if they win tonight...:D

1082981[/snapback]

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It is the Astros after all.