[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's worried about Holt?

msaint

Rotoworld: WR Torry Holt (knee) was a late scratch Sunday and his status for Week 8 is uncertain. Holt said yesterday that he has a strained PCL, rather than simply a bruised knee. It was the first time Holt has missed a game in seven seasons.

He's self-diagnosing a strained PCL? :D This is worrisome. I have this sick feeling that this is a Deuce-like situation, where one minute he's slightly banged up, and the next he's out for the friggin' season.

:D

I have Holt in 2 leagues.

In one league last week I covered him with Stallworth AND started Hakim as well. That won't work every week.

In the other league I covered him with Hakim and that worked fine but again won't work every week.

The silver lining for me is that in my local I have been using Curtis to cover for Walker.

I wonder why he played on MNF against the Colts then? I almost think the Rams were giving up on the New Orleans game with Bulger, Bruce and Holt being out. Or perhaps they thought they could beat the Saints without them. I dunno, I'm not too worried yet.

Edited by CaptainHook

Definitely a worrisome situation. Apparently it wasn't serious enough an injury two weeks ago, as he played through it. But then this week he is a late scratch, at a time they need him most :doah: Sounds like an injury that could keep him out til sometime after the bye week....

Kevin Curtis - the new #1 receiver in St. Louis? :D

Edited by Wolv

I don't get how he played 2 weeks ago, when the injury was fresh, and grabbed 70 yards.

I am hoping they gave him rest knowing they need him, and because they had played on Monday night, so he had less rest between games.

I don't think "out for the season" is likely, but with JAC next week, then the bye, we have to temper expectation until week 10 anyhow.

Yes, I am worried. I rely on Holt pretty heavily as others probably do. Mark, you know a lot of people in fantasy football circles. What have you heard?

1094030[/snapback]

Sadly -- and I assume you were kidding -- I do not have an inside info, otherwise I'd be using it to win. :D:D

Rams: Holt's injury more than bruise

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Monday, October 24, 2005

News

Rams receiver Torry Holt's injury is more than just a bruised knee as originally announced, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "Actually, I've got a strain in my PCL," Holt said, referring to the posterior cruciate ligament in the knee. "I have to rest that and continue to get rehab."

Views

The game Sunday is the first Holt has missed in his seven NFL seasons. It's uncertain whether he'll be able to play this weekend against the Jaguars. We'll monitor the situation closely.

Wanna hear the worst part? I was downtown outside of the Edward Jones Dome tailgating before going to the Rams game when I heard that Holt was inactive. The killer - I had Curtis on my bench.

:doah:

#1 team in my league had Holt and Owens. Just traded Owens :doah:

As a Curtis and Jackson owner and the #2 team I have no problem with Holt resting until he's 100% :D

I'd be surprised if he plays this week regardless of what the injury report says. I'd be willing to bet that they're going to sit him this week now that they know they can get by without him, give him the bye, and then hopefully start him week 10 (and hope he doesn't fall apart like Ahman did).

I'd be surprised if he plays this week regardless of what the injury report says.  I'd be willing to bet that they're going to sit him this week now that they know they can get by without him, give him the bye, and then hopefully start him week 10 (and hope he doesn't fall apart like Ahman did).

1094668[/snapback]

thing is, they need a win every week now and may push him to play....

their offense sputtered without him...and next week they play JAX....ouch..