[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

@#!$%# Cundiff!

HowboutthemCowboys

Anybody see Jake the Fake out there today? I did.

Dallas gave this game away. They dropped at least 3 more Plummer INT's. And then the clock management at the end of the game. What the heck??? A minute to go with a timeout left and you play for overtime? What was that???

And then the clock management at the end of the game.  What the heck???  A minute to go with a timeout left and you play for overtime?  What was that???

1172372[/snapback]

Agreed. I started a thread 3 hours ago about it. I don't understand letting the clock run out for OT. You can get burned by the coin toss: which happened!

An NFL kicker should make a 33-yarder in his sleep. It's from the 23-yard line, as you know. That's VERY close. Thing is, even the slightest mis-hold, wrong tilt or freaky snap (throwing off timing) can help a kicker send a ball left or right...but the snap and hold looked fine on TV. He just hooked it.

1172311[/snapback]

Well, it turns out that Cundiff was in the low end of kickers last year. His overall stats were a success rate of 76.9%. A bit misleading, though, because he was 7 for 7 under 29 yards, 4 for 4 from 30 to 39 yards and 9 for 13 from 40 to 49 yards. He missed both kicks over 50 yards. Thus his stats are actually perfect from the range where a kicker is expected to be perfect. He was one of only five PKs to be perfect under 40 yards. All the rest missed at least once.

This year, up till today, he was 2 for 2. He was cut earlier this year because he was injured. I don't think the argument that he's not an NFL kicker holds water at all.

2 late Bomb TDs vs Wash

Rediculous INT vs Sea

Unable to convert inside the 10 vs Oakland

missed a chip shot FG vs Denver.

I know 1 play could make the Boys record even worse than it is as well, but the Cowboys of the 90s, made those plays when the game was on the line and pulled out the win.  This team still needs a K, and about 2 upgrade OL and the development of Ware rushing the passer to make the big jump next season.

1172289[/snapback]

Yeah the game against the Giants where Jacobs fumbled on the 1 yard line and the game against Philly last week even things out IMO

I wonder if the Cowboys showed a little more faith in their kicking crews that they would have more confidence in making those kicks. Instead of treating them like they are disposable... These are the thoughts I wake up with in the morning.

I wonder if the Cowboys showed a little more faith in their kicking crews that they would have more confidence in making those kicks.  Instead of treating them like they are disposable...  These are the thoughts I wake up with in the morning.

1172713[/snapback]

This is correct, IMO. Cundiff IS a reliable kicker. No-one can work efficiently if they know their first mistake is also their last.

Well...there's a reason Cundiff has been cut already this year.  News Flash!!!  He's not good.  Parcells knew what he was getting when he re-signed him.  Say what you want about kickers but there are 8-9 guys that are legit and the rest is a crap shoot.  Some teams should do more homework and draft someone that can actually do the job.

1172342[/snapback]

The reason Cundiff got released was due to an injury. They gave him an injury settlement. Once he rehabbed his quad, they resigned him. Cundiff is an average kicker percentage-wise, but can launch the long one when needed. Maybe the teach didn't assign any homework for you this preseason?

Cowboys got beat by a good team today so shake it off Cowboy fans. This year still beats the hell out of most of the last 10 years or so. This ain't Landry and Johnson's Cowboys, its gonna be hit and miss for years to come I'm afraid.

1172591[/snapback]

:sigh: Good info here.