[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I started Anderson and Foster and still managed to win. Now I'm one game away from the Superbowl and need to pick 2 RBs

Anderson @BUF

Bell @BUF

Foster @NO

Don't know about Anderson after last week. Bell got more carries and yards. Who knows with Shanahan. I have started both together in the past, but Foster's matchup may be too good to pass up.

ok rew

pick 2 of these sluts

j jure vs tenn

l evans vs den

e moulds v den

k robinson v tenn

pick one

dillon vs tampa

moats vs st l

pick one

tampa's d v ne

miami's d v nyj

thanks dude,  and good luck to you

1217751[/snapback]

Alright bro, here we go...

I like Jurevicius first. even though DJax is back, he should be eased in slowly and JJ is still a big part of that offense and a big target in the redzone. 60-70 and a score is quite feasible this week against a poor defense. With Holcomb replacing JP, I think things are a bit iffy in BUF this week. And I think Krob is going to find things harder against PIT this week. Inny does play PIT, not TEN. SEA has them.

Then I say Moats over Dillon. TB has been playing real good D lately and I think that game is one of the lower scoring ones this week. Dillon will find it hard against that DL of TB. Moats has a great matchup and should make the most of his opportunities.

And lastly I like the MIA defense this week against the Jets. Yes, I know I just touted the TB defense but the NE offense is better then the Jets O. I think MIA can control their running game and get pressure on the QB with Taylor. Both should do ok, but I like the matchup better with MIA this week.

Good Luck!

REW, it's semifinals time. I have Chad Johnson and I need to start two of the following WR's with him, I'm leaning toward Engram & Jackson. What do you think?

Bobby Engram @ Tenn

Darrell Jackson @ Tenn

Antonio Bryant @ Oak

Drew Bennett vs Sea

Ernest Wilford vs SF

Koren Robinson vs Pitt

Thanks in advance!!

1217779[/snapback]

Engram definitley from that list. I hesitate on DJax b/c there's just no telling how much he's going to play. I may lean towards Bryant or wilford. Both face lackluster secondaries and should be able to produce nice games.

I own DJax too and just don't know about him. He could come back slowly and catch 2-3 balls for 20-30 yards, maybe a score or he could be used a lot and catch 5-7 for 70-80 and a score. You just don't know how the leg will hold up under game conditions. I'd say Wilford if I had to make a choice this instant. See how much info you can get prior to kickoff. If I come across anything I will post and let you know.

Good Luck!

Well since kickers have kicked me in the hiney pretty good..

WDIS?

Rackers vs HOU (While starting Warner & Boldin)

or

Lawrence Tynes vs NYG

1217790[/snapback]

Rackers. he's back and he's money. may get more PATs than FGs, but he's ranked higher for a reason. He'll be solid this week.

Last week I started Anderson and Foster and still managed to win. Now I'm one game away from the Superbowl and need to pick 2 RBs

Anderson @BUF

Bell @BUF

Foster @NO

Don't know about Anderson after last week. Bell got more carries and yards. Who knows with Shanahan. I have started both together in the past, but Foster's matchup may be too good to pass up.

1217807[/snapback]

I don't like starting 2 RBs from the same team so I won't say to start both. So it's Foster and one of the others. I still think Anderson is the more consistent runner while Bell is the homerun threat. I side with Anderson this week. Foster will be solid this week. He's probable and he will play and his matchup is great.

Good Luck!

I got one more for you rew

Andre Johnson

or

Isaac Bruce

as my #3 receiver??????

1217820[/snapback]

I say AJ. Bruce is second fiddle to a struggling Fitz and Carr will have to throw and AJ is the first choice. While the Texans do suck, he's got talent and should be able to put together a decent game this week. ARZ defense is worse than Phily's and carr should be able to have more time to throw the ball around. Philly will be blitzing STL all day. They have an aggressive defense that takes chances.

Good Luck!

Scoring: 1 pt. for any 10 yards, 6 pts. TDs, no pts. for catches

Choices:

Plaxico vs. Chiefs (I am playing 3 in that game already - Eli, Gonzo and LJ)

Hines at Vikings (Hopefully, the Steelers have to throw more this week)

Glenn at Redskins (read where the Skins secondary is a bit banged up)

Question: Which two WRs would you play and why?

Scoring: 1 pt. for any 10 yards, 6 pts. TDs, no pts. for catches

Choices:

Plaxico vs. Chiefs (I am playing 3 in that game already - Eli, Gonzo and LJ)

Hines at Vikings (Hopefully, the Steelers have to throw more this week)

Glenn at Redskins (read where the Skins secondary is a bit banged up)

Question: Which two WRs would you play and why?

1217846[/snapback]

I play Ward because he's the mian option and a must start every week. He always seems to find the endzone and this week should be no different. Never been real high on PB. He's got skills, but just not consistent enough for me. I like the matchup Ward has and can see him having a good game.

Next I start Glenn. He's been playing well too and has really become a good target for Bledsoe while Keyshawn has taken a back seat. I think KJ will have a better game this week than he had last week, but he's not the downfield threat that Glenn is. That coupled with the fact that WAS will be without at least2 and maybe 3 of its starting defensive backs means he's a great option this week.

Good Luck!

Std performance scoring league

I have a flex position and am trying to decide.

Chris Brown now that Henry's out but a tough Seattle D or

Ronnie Brown, splitting with RW, but a soft NYJ. He may only get half the carries, but that may exceed what Chris can do this week. (Actually thought about starting Darrell Jackson, enticing, but too risky first time back.)

Current Starters

Green, Trent QB KC@NYG

Brown, Chris RB TEN@SEA

Davis, Domanick RB HOU@ARI

Johnson, Larry RB KC @NYG

Johnson, Chad WR CIN@DET

Cooley, Chris TE WAS@DAL

Brown, Josh K SEA @TEN

Jaguars, D D JAC@SF

Reserves

Brown, Ronnie RB MIA@NYJ

Smith, Antowain RB NO@CAR

Driver, Donald WR GB@BAL

El, Antwaan Randle WR PIT@MIN

Finneran, Brian WR ATL@CHI

Jackson, Darrell WR SEA@TEN

Stallworth, Donte' WR NO@CAR

Longwell, Ryan K GB @BAL

Thanks in advance for any advice. :D

Pick 2 rb's (catches count for 1 pt- standard scoring otherwise):

D. Davis- now considered GTD- starting him if he plays

C. Brown- T. Henry is most likely out but they stink and Seattle's D playing well

C. Huston- Just read Edwards is planning on splitting carries w/ him and Askew and Miami D has been playing well against the run

M. Anderson- Bell had double the carries last week

Or pick up R. Williams, Pinner/Bryson, K. Faulk, J. Wells?

Leaning towards M. Anderson as my second but don't feel comfortable starting someone in a playoff game that had only 8 carries the week before. However, the Bills stink against the run and it's going to be snow/poor weather in Buffalo so they may have to run more......

Thanks.........

Std performance scoring league

I have a flex position and am trying to decide.

Chris Brown now that Henry's out but a tough Seattle D or

Ronnie Brown, splitting with RW, but a soft NYJ. He may only get half the carries, but that may exceed what Chris can do this week. (Actually thought about starting Darrell Jackson, enticing, but too risky first time back.)

Current Starters

Green, Trent QB KC@NYG

Brown, Chris RB TEN@SEA

Davis, Domanick RB HOU@ARI

Johnson, Larry RB KC @NYG

Johnson, Chad WR CIN@DET

Cooley, Chris TE WAS@DAL

Brown, Josh K SEA @TEN

Jaguars, D D JAC@SF

Reserves

Brown, Ronnie RB MIA@NYJ

Smith, Antowain RB NO@CAR

Driver, Donald WR GB@BAL

El, Antwaan Randle WR PIT@MIN

Finneran, Brian WR ATL@CHI

Jackson, Darrell WR SEA@TEN

Stallworth, Donte' WR NO@CAR

Longwell, Ryan K GB @BAL

Thanks in advance for any advice.  :D

1217961[/snapback]

Well from your choices you listed I would go with R. Brown. Although he splits, he will do better against the Jets than C. Brown will do against SEA. SEA is playing at too high a level for CB to be considered at this point. However looking at your reserves, I would go with Driver on MNF against BAL. BAL will have to try and stop Gado and Favre on MNF is solid. Driver will find room to work and should score one as well. I like driver, but if you are set on either of the Browns, then I go with Ronnie.

Good Luck!

Pick 2 rb's (catches count for 1 pt- standard scoring otherwise):

D. Davis- now considered GTD- starting him if he plays

C. Brown- T. Henry is most likely out but they stink and Seattle's D playing well

C. Huston- Just read Edwards is planning on splitting carries w/ him and Askew and Miami D has been playing well against the run

M. Anderson- Bell had double the carries last week

Or pick up R. Williams, Pinner/Bryson, K. Faulk, J. Wells?

Leaning towards M. Anderson as my second but don't feel comfortable starting someone in a playoff game that had only 8 carries the week before.  However, the Bills stink against the run and it's going to be snow/poor weather in Buffalo so they may have to run more......

Thanks.........

1217978[/snapback]

I think Houston is the safer play. He won't lose too many. He'll still get the majority of the carries. I like Anderson,but you are right to be leery. Shanny gives FF owners fits with his crap! I do think the running game will be featured prominently in BUF but I think Houston is safer as far as playing time goes and it's hard to score if you're not playing.

Good Luck!

Wr pick 3 to go with Harrison

R Brown vs st louis

C Henry vsDEt. (just got arrested may not play)

M Clayton vs GB

E Parker vs Colts

I Bruce vs Philly

Am trying to decide between Moats and Houston to go with LT. Moats has a great matchup but I am wondering why Ried hardly played him in 2nd half. I think if he did they would have won. Moats seems to have a lot of heart for hanging in there during the Seattle debacle and then having such a grat game against the Giants. Everyone was saying get the Giants "D", and Moats sure cancelled all those projections!

TE have been playing goose -egg Miller and now it's being said that he could score against Minny. Thinking about picking up Troupe or Pollard because of matchups whats your advice? Thanks for your help. Good luck to you!

Thanks for your help...I need to pick one RB:

Gado

SJAX

Foster

Thanks for your help.  You are good at this, great indepth thought.  You back it up in your replies!!!

1218035[/snapback]

Appreciate the props.

Gado and Foster are my picks here. SJax has struggled and the Rams are a pass happy team because that's the way martz built it, they usually faall behind and have to play catch up and finally, they have struggled running the ball. Philly's defense isn't going to make any of that any easier. PHI blitzes often and will create a mess of problems for STL this week.

I think they will be able to contain SJax and not let him have a great game. Conversely I think you have to ride a hot hand and Gado certainlly has been that. Let's look at some numbers...He's run 75/357/3 rushing and 3/32/0 receiving in the past 3 weeks. Those are top 10 numbers there. And the Raven defense has not been what it once was. They are allowing an average of 132 rushing yards per game over the past 3 weeks and they are the 14th ranked rush D in the NFL right now, averaging 106.8 rushing yards allowed per game. Gado will be fine against that squad.

And Foster is probable, he'll play and should be fine as well.

The Saints' rush D ranks 29th in the NFL this year, averaging 135.7 rushing yards allowed per game, with 14 rushing scores allowed to date. Last week ATL ran all over them to get over 100 and over the last 3 weeks they are allowing an average of 126 per game. The Saints are awful and just the thing CAr needs to get Foster back on track this week.

Good Luck!

need 1 rb-Jones v 9ers

Taylor v 9ers

Brown v NYJ

need 3 wr Holt v philly

Kennison @ giants

Housh @ lions

Engram @ Tenn.

thanks Rew!

1218067[/snapback]

While I normally don't like to start 2 RBs from the same teramn, in this case it might be ok. SF is so bad on defense that each Taylor and Jones should be able to produce enough to warrant a start for both. Brown has been conceding to Williams over the last 3 weeks. RW has 38/156/2 rushing and 8/45/0 receiving during the past 3 weeks, and Ronnie has 35/110/1 rushing and 4/53/1. There's not much difference but it's there nonetheless. The Jets aren't as good as they were playing earlier in the year when they held Brown to 12/35/0 rushing and 1/5/0 receiving, however they are better than SF and Del Rio has already said Taylor will start and Jones will split carries as he has proven he can play TB and FB. So I go with the Jags backfield this week.

At WR I say Housh and Engram are must starts for your team. Even though DET has a decent pass defense, this isn't the same CIn as years past. Housh has been playing too well for you to bench him for someone else. And the matchup with TEN looks good for Engram too. While DJax and JJ fight for balls and playing time, Engram is alone on the other side and should be able to find the holes in the TEN to post some decent numbers. He has scored the last 2 weeks and 2 last week alone. TEN is tied for first in the league in giving up TDs with 26 through 13 games. He's a great start. The because both STL and KC have tough matchups this week as far as passing goes, I give the edge to the better WR and that's Holt. He's still the mian target and may be able to rip a short pass into something bigger if STL can catch Philly on the right blitz.

Good Luck!

I play Ward because he's the mian option and a must start every week. He always seems to find the endzone and this week should be no different.  Never been real high on PB.  He's got skills, but just not consistent enough for me.  I like the matchup Ward has and can see him having a good game.

Next I start Glenn.  He's been playing well too and has really become a good target for Bledsoe while Keyshawn has taken a back seat.  I think KJ will have a better game this week than he had last week, but he's not the downfield threat that Glenn is.  That coupled with the fact that WAS will be without at least2 and maybe 3 of its starting defensive backs means he's a great option this week.

Good Luck!

1217882[/snapback]

I read where all 3 of the injured Washington CBs are now listed as probable. It is do or die time for both of these teams so all hands will at least attempt to be on deck. I will play Hines, though Big Ben's injury is a bit worrisome, he did put up 386 yds on the Bengals with that same injured thumb.

I am still mixed on whether to play Glenn or Plaxico. I will probably play Plaxico because I think he has a better matchup with the Chiefs than Glenn has with the Redskins. But Glenn did put up 157 yards on the Skins the last time these two teams played. But I digress, I now have bigger problems as it appears that DD may not play due to his swelling knee. Yikes!

Edited by SaintsFanUnfortunately

While I normally don't like to start 2 RBs from the same teramn, in this case it might be ok.  SF is so bad on defense that each Taylor and Jones should be able to produce enough to warrant a start for both.  Brown has been conceding to Williams over the last 3 weeks.  RW has 38/156/2 rushing and 8/45/0 receiving during the past 3 weeks, and Ronnie has 35/110/1 rushing and 4/53/1.  There's not much difference but it's there nonetheless.  The Jets aren't as good as they were playing earlier in the year when they held Brown to 12/35/0 rushing and 1/5/0 receiving, however they are better than SF and Del Rio has already said Taylor will start and Jones will split carries as he has proven he can play TB and FB.  So I go with the Jags backfield this week.

At WR I say Housh and Engram are must starts for your team.  Even though DET has a decent pass defense, this isn't the same CIn as years past.  Housh has been playing too well for you to bench him for someone else.  And the matchup with TEN looks good for Engram too.  While DJax and JJ fight for balls and playing time, Engram is alone on the other side and should be able to find the holes in the TEN to post some decent numbers.  He has scored the last 2 weeks and 2 last week alone.  TEN is tied for first in the league in giving up TDs with 26 through 13 games.  He's a great start.  The because both STL and KC have tough matchups this week as far as passing goes, I give the edge to the better WR and that's Holt.  He's still the mian target and may be able to rip a short pass into something bigger if STL can catch Philly on the right blitz.

Good Luck!

1218667[/snapback]

Rew,thanks for the in-depth response.I really appreciate the time it takes to do this .However,I only need 1 rb to go with Edge.....who do you like better Jones or Taylor this week?Thanks again and good luck

Pick three WR's

T Holt vs Philly

R Williams vs Cinny

D Jackson vs Tenn

B Engram vs Tenn

T Glenn vs Wash

Tough choices I think this week

Thanks for the help

1218119[/snapback]

Yeah you have some tough matchups, but I would say Engram first, then Glenn and finally Holt. Engram has finally started scoring TDs and just at the right time. DJax and JJ will be fighting for PT and balls while engram will be able to just cintunue what he has been doing. He's a solid start against a TEn that ranks tied for 1st in TDs allowed. Glenn has a good matchup this week due to the injuries of the WAS secondary. They will be without 2, maybe 3 of their starting defensive backs. Glenn is a good traget for Bledsoe and should be bale to make a few big plays and score this week. And Finallly Holt has a tough matchup but he's the main target for Fitz and will benefit from the short passes Fitz will have to throw due to the blitz happy Eagles. Holt should be able to get yds after the catch and possibly break one for a long score.

Good Luck!

Rew,thanks for the in-depth response.I really appreciate the time it takes to do this .However,I only need 1 rb to go with Edge.....who do you like better Jones or Taylor this week?Thanks again and good luck

1218711[/snapback]

I would actually lean towards Jones. He seems to make more of his oportunites. I think both will have enough chances to do something, but especially near the GL, I like the chances of Jones better.