[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

Hold the Press...

I now have to decide between Collins and Frye as:

a.) Collins was named the starter

b.) Brooks has been benched

1215185[/snapback]

Yuck, but I have to give the edge to Cocktail Kerry. he is a vet and he should be out to prove something so he doesn't get benched again. This could also serve as his final audition to be a part of the team next year. I like Frye, but must side with the vet.

And no this isn't a homer taking up for his team. I've never liked Collins in the Silver & Black and hoope he is gone next year. We need a legitimate QB! But this week I give the nod to Collins.

Good Luck.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FA Advice & Lineup Help Needed !

Performance League.

I have two empty roster spots.

In 2nd rd of Playoffs.

I start 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 FLEX.

Are any of these two worth a pickup:

- Chester Taylor - The Huddle 'D.D.' has him starting with 70 Rus / 20 REC - 1 TD. What's happening with Jamal Lewis.

- Mark Clayton ? I have Mason whom has done nothing for me, and must be related to moulds - complaing about catches.

My RB's:

S. Alexander - Starting.

S. Jackson - Starting.

W. Parker.

G. Jones.

My WR's:

C. Johnson - Starting.

L. Evans.

D. Driver.

J. Smith - Starting.

K. Curtis.

D. Mason.

A. Toomer.

Need a third WR & Flex advice!

Pick up Chester Taylor and start him as a Flex ?

3rd WR - What about Clayton or do I start Driver or Evans ?

FA Advice & Lineup Help Needed !

Performance League.

I have two empty roster spots.

In 2nd rd of Playoffs.

I start 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 FLEX.

Are any of these two worth a pickup:

- Chester Taylor - The Huddle 'D.D.' has him starting with 70 Rus / 20 REC - 1 TD. What's happening with Jamal Lewis.

- Mark Clayton ? I have Mason whom has done nothing for me, and must be related to moulds - complaing about catches.

My RB's:

S. Alexander - Starting.

S. Jackson - Starting.

W. Parker.

G. Jones.

My WR's:

C. Johnson - Starting.

L. Evans.

D. Driver.

J. Smith - Starting.

K. Curtis.

D. Mason.

A. Toomer.

Need a third WR & Flex advice!

Pick up Chester Taylor and start him as a Flex ?

3rd WR - What about Clayton or do I start Driver or Evans ?

1215240[/snapback]

I wouldn't pick up any of those guys over what you have already. For a third WR I would start Driver. Favre will look for him plenty on MNF. He should be productive and a good chance to score.

For a Flex, I would start Parker. The MIN LBs are slow and Parker running indoors should be able to get plenty of carries and let his speed be the difference maker. The Bus won't have another game like he did last week and this week it should be Parker that shines.

Good Luck!

rew - wdis ... dillon vs. tampa or foster vs. NO.

thanks!

1215252[/snapback]

If Foster is healthy and starting, then it's him hands down. NO is awful and he will find plenty of room to run on that sorry team.

Good Luck.

OK SB in HOT, my QB's suck at this point.

Favre at Ravens

B Johnson at home VS Pitt(ouch)

Garcia at home VS the Bengals.

1215272[/snapback]

I think you have to go with Favre on MNF. He's got a decent matchup against the Ravens. They aren't the defense they once were and while they are busy worrying about Gado, Favre will be able to find Driver and Fergie downfield for some nice pickups and a score or two. He plays great on MNF and is a solid start this week.

I think BJ is going to find it tough against PIT and Polamalu. He's every where. And Garcia just plain stinks and you cannot rely on him to be productive.

Good Luck!

R.Brown vs NYJ

F.Taylor or G.Jones vs the 9ers

1 pt 10 yds rush or rec.,6 pt.td's

Thanks

1215280[/snapback]

I actually like G. Jones out of that group. They all will split carries but Jones gets his share and makes the most of them. Especially gainst the 9ers, everyone will have plenty of opps to score. He's a good bet this week.

Good Luck!

Good morning REW,

I have a new wrinkle thanks to some FA pickups last night...if you dont mind too much let me know what you think:

Pretty much set on Moats as my flex guy (thanks again). Now I have to decide on my second WR, here are the choices:

Glenn @ WAS

Wilford v SF (New pickup)

Reggie Brown @ STL (New pickup)

Toomer v KC (I am playing against Eli)

I also have a kicker question, Rackers @ TEN or Vandy v SD. Any thoughts? I know these guys are almost impossible to predict. The Huddle seems to really like Vandy this week (12 points)

Sorry for the somewhat duplicate question, its just that Im playing the Fantasy equivalent of the Colts this week :D and I need to get this right.

Thanks again!

I think you have to go with Favre on MNF.  He's got a decent matchup against the Ravens.  They aren't the defense they once were and while they are busy worrying about Gado, Favre will be able to find Driver and Fergie downfield for some nice pickups and a score or two.  He plays great on MNF and is a solid start this week.

I think BJ is going to find it tough against PIT and Polamalu.  He's every where.  And Garcia just plain stinks and you cannot rely on him to be productive.

Good Luck!

1216189[/snapback]

Really, isn't Ed Reed back?

Hi rew...let me know what you think here

*which way I am leaning

League 1

Bledsoe or *Hasselbeck

League 2

*Bledsoe or Delhomme

League 3 (pick 2)

Holt

*Steve Smith

*Fitzgerald

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.  :D

1216222[/snapback]

I think you have it just right with the way you are leaning. I think Bledsoe is going to have a great game, but you don't want him to be the crux of both your leagues. Hass is a good option and probably a better one than Bledsoe anyway, so start Hass in one league. And Bledsoe is a better option than Delhomme in the other so go Drew there.

While it's hard to advocate sitting a player with the caliber of Holt, your other 2 options are very good and have excellent matchups. I think both Smith and Fitz are great choices this week to get 100 yards and a score or 2. I think you can go with your gut and know you made good choices this week.

Good Luck!

I think you have it just right with the way you are leaning.  I think Bledsoe is going to have a great game, but you don't want him to be the crux of both your leagues.  Hass is a good option and probably a better one than Bledsoe anyway, so start Hass in one league.  And Bledsoe is a better option  than Delhomme in the other so go Drew there.

While it's hard to advocate sitting a player with the caliber of Holt, your other 2 options are very good and have excellent matchups.  I think both Smith and Fitz are great choices this week to get 100 yards and a score or 2.  I think you can go with your gut and know you made good choices this week.

Good Luck!

1216250[/snapback]

Thanks rew appreciate your insight!!

Good morning REW,

I have a new wrinkle thanks to some FA pickups last night...if you dont mind too much let me know what you think:

Pretty much set on Moats as my flex guy (thanks again). Now I have to decide on my second WR, here are the choices:

Glenn @ WAS

Wilford v SF (New pickup)

Reggie Brown @ STL (New pickup)

Toomer v KC (I am playing against Eli)

I also have a kicker question, Rackers @ TEN or Vandy v SD. Any thoughts? I know these guys are almost impossible to predict. The Huddle seems to really like Vandy this week (12 points)

Sorry for the somewhat duplicate question, its just that Im playing the Fantasy equivalent of the Colts this week  :D and I need to get this right.

Thanks again!

1216226[/snapback]

What's up Gdawg? No problem, let's get this figured out. Going to kind of go in reverse. First off, I think this is the week that ARZ finallly gets some TDs and therefore Neil should be relegated to PATs instead of FGs. Whereas I think the Colts will have their fair share of TDs requiring the PAT, I also think they'll get stopped enough for them to settle for the points and kick the FG. This makes Vandy the pick this week. I think he has more opportunities to get points from both PATs and FGs. As evidenced from last week, the Colts will kick it if they need to. He's a good pick. Bummer too b/c I have to play against him this week.

For the WR slot, there are some interesting options and if this were the middle of the season I would say Wilford or Brown. Both have great matchups and are a good bet to score. However it's near the end and wins are a must so I must play it somewhat safe and say Glenn. While I think Key is going to play a bigger role this week, Glenn cannot be discounted. He played hard last week, running, going across the middle, and also going for the long flea-flicker. WAS will be without 2, and possibly 3, of their starting defensive backs. You think Drew will find that mismatch? I do. I think he'll be able to pass heavy on the Skins and Glenn will benefit from that.

The Skins are going to have to pay some attention to KJ. His size alone is enough to warrant some extra coverage, especially near the end zone. Therefore Glenn should be matched up with far less talented CBs and he'll take advantage of that with his speeed and quickness. Now I could alsso make a good case for Wilford and Brown, even Toomer for this week, but the safe smart play, IMO, is Glenn. But by the way, don't be surprised when Brown goes for a buck and a score this week...:D

Good Luck!

Thanks again REW, really appreciate your input and all of your hard work!

Good luck to you this week too  :D

1216281[/snapback]

No problem, glad to help. Here's what I'm dealing with:

My Team -

Manning - Obviously

Jones, Jordan or Parker - Leaning towards Jones and Jordan but Parker could be a good pick this week.

Ward, Roy, JJ, DJax, Coles, Brown, Givens, Curtis - Throw Coles and Curtis out and probably Givens too. Leaning towards JJ but Brown could be big. Basically undecided at this point.

Hilton or Watson - leaning towards Watson. With a new QB in NO, Hilton doesn't look so good.

Akers, Peterson or Scobee - Right now leaning towards Akers, but Scobee is solid too.

CHI defense.

Opponent:

Brady

LJ, Moats or Bettis

Holt, R. Smith and Galloway

LJ Smith

Vandy

PIT defense.

This is to advance to the SB. I can pull it off if I can get some production. I beat this team several weeks ago, but not so sure this week.

:D

D. Garrard Vs SF 

M. Hasselbeck @ TEN 

C. Frye @ OAK

thanks for the help.

1216323[/snapback]

Throw Frye out from this bunch, so now you''re down to 2. I will side with Hass. Tey will want home field and will be making sure they execute to get that. TEN cannot stop the pass very well at all and Holmgren will probably do what he did last week and turn hass loose so his bread and butter back, Alexander, doesn't get hurt. I think Hass is a good bet to throw for 250 and 1-2 scores.

I think Garrard is also an excellent play this week, but I will side with Hass. More experience and his game means more, IMO.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I am facing LJ this week too...not looking forward to that :D

RB: I'd go Jordan and Jones. I have never been a FWP fan, he just doesnt score. Unless you are yardage-heavy I'd stick with Jones, especially if the Redskin secondary is all banged up. A heavy dose of passes from Drew would loosen up things for the ground game big time.

WR: I think you can throw out Coles, Givens and Curtis...and Djax. He will play some this week but probably just enough to shake off the rust. Your choices really come down to Roy Williams, Ward, JJ, and Brown. That being said I'd start JJ, the Titan pass D is just awful. Beyond that tough call...if you want to stay safe (as you recommended to me) go with Ward. If you want to go for all the marbles, go with Brown, I seem to recall someone telling me he should have a good day :D

TE: Watson, hands down

K: Akers or Scobee, they both should score about the same for ya.

Hope this helps and thanks again!

Really, isn't Ed Reed back?

1216249[/snapback]

To be honest, I haven't heard. Darin3 would know more on that. However I do know I would rather have Favre on MNF against BAL than I would Johnson against the Steelers. The Steelers are a blitz happy bunch and will be in BJ's face all day.

I mean you make a good point. Both defenses are good against the pass and good at applying pressure, but of the 3 you listed, I would rather have a multiple time MVP winner on my side than Johnson or the rookie Frye.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I am facing LJ this week too...not looking forward to that  :D

RB: I'd go Jordan and Jones. I have never been a FWP fan, he just doesnt score. Unless you are yardage-heavy I'd stick with Jones, especially if the Redskin secondary is all banged up. A heavy dose of passes from Drew would loosen up things for the ground game big time.

WR: I think you can throw out Coles, Givens and Curtis...and Djax. He will play some this week but probably just enough to shake off the rust. Your choices really come down to Roy Williams, Ward, JJ, and Brown. That being said I'd start JJ, the Titan pass D is just awful. Beyond that tough call...if you want to stay safe (as you recommended to me) go with Ward. If you want to go for all the marbles, go with Brown, I seem to recall someone telling me he should have a good day  :D

TE: Watson, hands down

K: Akers or Scobee, they both should score about the same for ya.

Hope this helps and thanks again!

1216364[/snapback]

Guess I should have clarified, Thomas Jones, not Julius. Thanks for the input. Ward, Roy and JJ have been my mainstays, but I may have to ride it all on Brown. More research is needed. I do think Brown could have a nice day so I am torn between him and JJ.

:D

Hey Rew,

Standard scoring league - semi-finals in playoffs

Starters:

Brady, Tom QB NE TB

Foster, DeShaun RB CAR @NO

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD @IND

Burress, Plaxico WR NYG KC

Galloway, Joey WR TB @NE 7

Harrison, Marvin WR IND SD

Cooley, Chris TE WAS DAL

Vanderjagt, Mike K IND SD

Bengals, DST DST CIN @DET

Reserves:

Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL @WAS

Garrard, David QB JAC SF

Rhodes, Dominic RB IND

Taylor, Chester RB BAL

Evans, Lee WR BUF

Smith, L.J. TE PHI

1) Brady is questionable for the first time all season and in an obviously very important game for me. I just dropped Kevin Jones to pick up Garrard. How do you think Garrard will do against San Francisco and should I start him ahead of Brady? Or the unthinkable and put Bledsoe in vs. Washington?

2) Also, Tomlinson and Foster are on the injury report - should I be worried about those guys?

3) Vanderjagt is probable - should I pick up a kicker like Shayne Graham who is on waivers? Rackers is on waivers too but he is probable as well. What do you think?

standard scoring league

Thanks man.