[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

Wr pick 3 to go with Harrison 

R Brown vs st louis 

C Henry vsDEt. (just got arrested may not play) 

M Clayton vs GB 

E Parker  vs Colts 

I Bruce  vs Philly

Am trying to decide between Moats and Houston to go with LT. Moats has a great matchup but I am wondering why Ried hardly played him in 2nd half. I think if he did they would have won. Moats seems to have a lot of heart for hanging in there during the Seattle debacle and then having such a grat game against the Giants. Everyone was saying get the Giants "D", and Moats sure cancelled all those projections!       

TE have been playing goose -egg Miller and now it's being said that he could score against Minny. Thinking about picking up Troupe or Pollard because of matchups whats your advice? Thanks for your help. Good luck to you!

1218367[/snapback]

At Wr I'd go with Brown, Parker and Bruce. Don't know the status of Henry and he's behind CJ and Housh anyway. I cannot hype anyone form the ravens. Just can't do it. Brown has a great matchup and is a long ball threat every time. Parker will be involved because I think SD is going to have to throw to keep up with the Colts and he's their best option downfield. And Holt is a must start just because of who he is. His matchup is tough, but he should benefit from some balls underneath and may be able to break a long one for a score.

Moats at RB. Great matchup. He's not gooing to get 20-25 carries because he's yooung and raw and still hasn't picked up all the blocking packages, but he'll get the majority of the carries and against STL should again be goood for a 100 yard game and a score. Houston will spli this week according to Edwards and doesn't have the matchup that Moats has.

I like Miller and Troupe this week so it's a coin flip. With Ben's thumb issues, Miller may be a good play to get the ball underneath and let his big TE rumble with the ball.

Good Luck!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read where all 3 of the injured Washington CBs are now listed as probable.  It is do or die time for both of these teams so all hands will at least attempt to be on deck.  I will play Hines, though Big Ben's injury is a bit worrisome, he did put up 386 yds on the Bengals with that same injured thumb.

I am still mixed on whether to play Glenn or Plaxico.  I will probably play Plaxico because I think he has a better matchup with the Chiefs than Glenn has with the Redskins.  But Glenn did put up 157 yards on the Skins the last time these two teams played.  But I digress, I now have bigger problems as it appears that DD may not play due to his swelling knee.  Yikes!

1218669[/snapback]

Probable still isn't healthy and from what I am hearing here in Richmond, Redskin country, is that their secondary isn't up to par at all. I still like Glenn as this game means a bunch. PB has this for the last 3 weeks..(12/193/0). The first time DAL played WAS Glenn had 6/157/1 and last week Glenn posted (6/138/1)...I still like Glenn.

Good Luck!

Need some help picking between less than stellar WR's.

In a league where we get points for receptions too.

Pick 3

Reggie Brown @ STL nice matchup but McMahon?????

Roy Williams VS Cincy Most talent...bad offense

Wilford vs SF Great Matchup will Gerrard throw it or run it.

A. Bryant @ Oak Will Frye use him?

Mark Clayton vs GB Can he keep up the momentum?

Derrick Mason vs GB Do his public complaints het him more deep looks?

K Rob vs Pitt Is he really the goto guy in a tough matchup?

Help me pick the best out of this bunch.

Thanks!!!!!

Need some help picking between less than stellar WR's.

In a league where we get points for receptions too.

Pick 3

Reggie Brown @ STL nice matchup but McMahon?????

Roy Williams VS Cincy Most talent...bad offense

Wilford vs SF Great Matchup will Gerrard throw it or run it.

A. Bryant @ Oak Will Frye use him?

Mark Clayton vs GB Can he keep up the momentum?

Derrick Mason vs GB Do his public complaints het him more deep looks?

K Rob vs Pitt Is he really the goto guy in a tough matchup?

Help me pick the best out of this bunch.

Thanks!!!!!

1219012[/snapback]

Brown, Roy and Wilford. All but Roy have great matchups and should be good for score. Roy is all they have in DET and will have to throw to stay with the Bengals. The Bengals rank 22nd in the NFL allowing an average of 210 passing yards per game, and they've given up 17 TDs. he will be bale to find some room and possibly score this week.

Brown has a great matchup against STL who has problems agaiinst the pass. McMahon should have enough time to find him and get him the ball. He has good speed and is coming on the more he learns the offense. And Wilford should benefit from his size near the endzone. SF is awful in all phases of the game and Garrard should have an easy time finding him. while DG is always a threat to run, he probably won't need to due to lack of a serious pass rush from the 9ers.

Good Luck!

Would love your opinion with this mess. I won my division, basically with patchwork QBs (we have to start 2) and WRs (can't tell you how many times I picked the wrong guys, even after going with the best match-ups on paper). As you can see, my late season run (6-1) was due in large part to my RBs (DD, Portis & LJ, three of the top 8 point-producing RBs since Nov 1).

So my dilema this week is due to Davis being very questionable, and some WR indecision yet again. Note that our trade and free agency deadline was Week 12...all rosters have been frozen since then. Thus everyone has some injury/lineup issues. I lost Leftwich the week of the deadline, so have been keeping my fingers and toes crossed that McNair stays upright.

My line-up...penciled starters with an asterix:

QB: Warner* and McNair* (Garcia and Lefty on bench)

RB: LJ*, DD*, Portis*, J. Jones, Wells, G. Jones

WR: McCardell* (in what I think will be a shootout)

A. Johnson* (he hurt me last week, but how can I bench him at home against ARZ?)

Kennison: very hot lately, and in a shootout at NY

Engram: hot lately, and playing at TEN; how will return of DJ impact?

Porter: back on track with Collins returning and playing CLE?

Wilford: even he is an option vs. SF

My third starting RB is actually a flex. If Davis is healthy, then my 3 RBs are definite. But if he is out, do I start Wells in his place? Or J. Jones? or take a flier on G. Jones versus SF?? Or, do I start three WRs?

Or if I only start two, which two? All of my top 5 WRs are about the same, and each week I have left major points on the pine (yep, last week it was Engram). Picking two is tough, but I am currently thinking McCardell and Johnson. But would you go with 3 WRs if Dominick is indeed out. Is a third WR a better option than Wells, J. Jones or G. Jones?

Crazy week for all this to come down. Thanks in advance for your thougths!

Basic scoring, but no points for receptions...just yards and TDs. I am playing against (QB): Hasselbeck and Palmer, (RB): Jordan, James (WR): Glenn, Galloway and R. Williams, Whitten. He is thin at RB, so only can start two. James may be limited by touches and SD defense, and if Alexander takes the TDs this week (which I think he might so he can get the record next week), Hasselebeck might also be quasi-limited, so I think I have a shot if I pick the right players (and LJ can carry me yet again).

REW-

Good stuff, keep it up!

Roy Williams vs. Cincy

or

Rod Smith @ Buffalo

1219234[/snapback]

Even though the bills rank higher against the pass than Cincy, they are very beatable and DEN has the more potent offense. BUF will have to respect the Denver running game and that will allow Plummer the time to play action and make some things happen down field. Smith has been playing very well this year and should continue that this week against BUF.

Roy has a good matchup but you never kno exactly what you will get with DET. More times than not, if Roy doesn't score a TD, then his value isn't great as he doesn't get a ton of yards. Without an efffective running game I think Cincy can pay more atttention to stopping Garcia. Cincy isn't that good against the pass either and actually rank lower than BUF, but I think as a while that the DEN offensive poses more of a problem for BUF than DET does for Cincy.

Good Luck!

1/25 in yards, 6 per td, minus 2 for int.

Brady vs. Tampa Bay

Hasselbeck at Tenn.

Eli vs. KC

Leaning at starting Hasselbeck

1219247[/snapback]

You have it right with Hass. Brady is going to play, but how long? One good hit on that leg and he could be done. And Hass is just a bettter option than Eli. Even if SEA gets a big lead and starters begin to be rested, Hass should have achieved enough yards and a score or 2 to still make him a worthy start this week.

Good Luck!

Would love your opinion with this mess. I won my division, basically with patchwork QBs (we have to start 2) and WRs (can't tell you how many times I picked the wrong guys, even after going with the best match-ups on paper). As you can see, my late season run (6-1) was due in large part to my RBs (DD, Portis & LJ, three of the top 8 point-producing RBs since Nov 1).

So my dilema this week is due to Davis being very questionable, and some WR indecision yet again. Note that our trade and free agency deadline was Week 12...all rosters have been frozen since then. Thus everyone has some injury/lineup issues. I lost Leftwich the week of the deadline, so have been keeping my fingers and toes crossed that McNair stays upright.

My line-up...penciled starters with an asterix:

QB: Warner* and McNair* (Garcia and Lefty on bench)

RB: LJ*, DD*, Portis*, J. Jones, Wells, G. Jones

WR: McCardell* (in what I think will be a shootout)

A. Johnson* (he hurt me last week, but how can I bench him at home against ARZ?)

Kennison: very hot lately, and in a shootout at NY

Engram: hot lately, and playing at TEN; how will return of DJ impact?

Porter: back on track with Collins returning and playing CLE?

Wilford: even he is an option vs. SF

My third starting RB is actually a flex. If Davis is healthy, then my 3 RBs are definite. But if he is out, do I start Wells in his place? Or J. Jones? or take a flier on G. Jones versus SF?? Or, do I start three WRs?

Or if I only start two, which two? All of my top 5 WRs are about the same, and each week I have left major points on the pine (yep, last week it was Engram). Picking two is tough, but I am currently thinking McCardell and Johnson. But would you go with 3 WRs if Dominick is indeed out. Is a third WR a better option than Wells, J. Jones or G. Jones?

Crazy week for all this to come down. Thanks in advance for your thougths!

Basic scoring, but no points for receptions...just yards and TDs. I am playing against (QB): Hasselbeck and Palmer, (RB): Jordan, James (WR): Glenn, Galloway and R. Williams, Whitten. He is thin at RB, so only can start two. James may be limited by touches and SD defense, and if Alexander takes the TDs this week (which I think he might so he can get the record next week), Hasselebeck might also be quasi-limited, so I think I have a shot if I pick the right players (and LJ can carry me yet again).

1219279[/snapback]

DD looks like he is very questionable to play sso if he sits, then I do not like Wells. I would stay away from that all together. Jones makes a nice play against SF and even though he is going to split with Taylor, he makes the most of his opportunities and gets the GL carries.

At WR, Engram has been on fire and the return of DJax will impact JJ more than Engram. I think he'll have another good game. And Kennison has also been very good lately. Johnson will get his, but the Giants are going to have to bring up the safeties to try and limit what he can do without Pierce in there on defense. Thats' going to create some room for Eddie and I think he will get some good yards and a score this week.

I would stay away from Porter even with Collins back. Who knows which team will show up and for how long. And I think Engram and Kennison are better options than AJ, Keenan or Wilford this week. I actually have Engram and Eddie ranked higher this week than McCardell.

So I would start Jones at the flex (RBs generally can score more FF points than WRs) and go with Engram and Kennison at the WR slot.

Good Luck!

Brees @ INDY

or

Warner @ HOU

Thanks

1219288[/snapback]

Warner against an awful team. He should eclipse 300 and have multiple scores this week. Against a solid WAS defense last week Warner went 25/41 for 255 yards, 1 TD and 1 interception. Houston gives up yards and TDs in chunks (average of 218 yards per game and 20 TDs in 13 games).

I think the Colts defense is much better than that this year. Advantage Warner.

Good Luck!

REW-

Quandry at RB2.  

Fred Taylor vs SF

Greg Jones vs SF

Willie Parter @ Minn

Gado @ Balt

1 pt/10 yards   bonus at 100 yards

1219330[/snapback]

I go with gado here for several reasons. First off, he's hot right now and will be playing on MNF. Second the Ravens are giving up an average of 132 yards per game over the last 3 weeks. They gave up 165 yards to Houston! I think Gado will be able to piush the ball down field and get in the endzone this week.

Parker has an even macthup with Minny, though I like his chances on the carpet where he can use his speed and quickness. Minnny is not great, but they arre not bad and are rather solid. They average 112.1 yards allowed per game and have allowed 13 rushing scores allowed in 13 games. That's not all that bad and certainly not as good a matchup as BAL would seem to be. And because you have the other 2, I wouldn't mess with the split carries of Taylor and Jones even though both could make nice plays.

Gado has a good matchup against a fading ravens defense and he's the pick this week. I think he gets the 100 yards and a score and should mix in a few out of the backfield through the air as well.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

Now that Dom Davis may be a GTD... need to decide...

I have Mike Anderson, do I just go with him

or

I picked up J. Wells

Do I try to catch who is starting and pick either Dom or Wells?

Will Wells have a good game in place of dom?

Will Anderson have a good game or will Bell or Dayne get the carries and scores?

Was looking great with my backs until Dom shows up doubtful

Points are 6 for td, 1 per 20 rec/run, 1 for 50 pass.

QB: Warner

RB: Larry Johnson, Lamont Jordon, (DomD, Anderson or Wells)

WR: S. Smith, K. Rob, D. Jack

TE: Gates

PK: Kasay

DEF: DaBears

Thanks!

Now that Dom Davis may be a GTD... need to decide...

I have Mike Anderson, do I just go with him

or

I picked up J. Wells

Do I try to catch who is starting and pick either Dom or Wells?

Will Wells have a good game in place of dom?

Will Anderson have a good game or will Bell or Dayne get the carries and scores?

Was looking great with my backs until Dom shows up doubtful

Points are 6 for td, 1 per 20 rec/run, 1 for 50 pass.

QB: Warner

RB: Larry Johnson, Lamont Jordon, (DomD, Anderson or Wells)

WR: S. Smith, K. Rob, D. Jack

TE: Gates

PK: Kasay

DEF: DaBears

Thanks!

1219456[/snapback]

Go with Anderson is my thoughts, BUF ranks dead last in rushing defense. He should find plenty of room to get things going and do well enough to keep Bell and Dayne off the field.

Good Luck!

Rew, First round of playoffs :

Hasselbeck  at tenn

Garrard vs SF

Then, pick 2 0f these 4 please :

Evans vs Den

A Johnson vs Ariz

T Glenn at Wash

Driver at Balt

Thanks, man !

1219505[/snapback]

I still say Hass over Garrard. Both have good matchups, but SEA is playing for home field and will want this game more. Hass is good for a score or 2 and some solid yards.

Driver and Glenn. Both have good matchups and are primary targets for their respective QBs. Both teams have running games that will have to be paid attention to and that will open up things for the passing game.

Good Luck!

In another league, pick 2 of these WRs to go with Wayne :

Santana Moss vs Dallas

T Glennvs Wash

B Engram vs Tenn

This league has 1 pt per rec, with 5 pt bonus for 100 yds !!

1219561[/snapback]

Glenn and Engram. Both again have good matchups and will be looked for often by their QBs. I think WAS will try to pound away with Portis and their passing game will take a back seat.

Good Luck!

Rew, great help last week. Hope you got more for me.

2 leagues.

1st - Need a 3rd WR - already starting Holt and Jurevicius, need to choose between

Driver @BAL

DJax @TEN

KRobinson vs PIT

E Parker @Indy

My gut has me knda leaning toward Parker or even DJax.

2nd -need to chose 1 RB to go with 3 WR

JJones @Was

MBarber @Was

M Bennet vs PIT

C Taylor GB

Duckett @CHI

Actually leaning towards JJ or even C Taylor.

Thanks for your input and have a great success in your leagues.

First time poster, long time reader. Normally very decisive on these things but I'm in a bind this week and would appreciate a second opinion. Need to start 2 of the following:

Moats

Foster

Gado

McGahee

Am leaning towards going with Foster for sure but am torn between Gado and Moats. Gut says Moats, but head says Gado. McGahee seems spent. Any advice?

Rew, great help last week. Hope you got more for me.

2 leagues.

1st - Need a 3rd WR - already starting Holt and Jurevicius, need to choose between

Driver @BAL

DJax @TEN

KRobinson vs PIT

E Parker @Indy

My gut has me knda leaning toward Parker or even DJax.

2nd -need to chose 1 RB to go with 3 WR

JJones @Was

MBarber @Was

M Bennet vs PIT

C Taylor GB

Duckett @CHI

Actually leaning towards JJ or even C Taylor.

Thanks for your input and have a great success in your leagues.

1219623[/snapback]

I'm between Driver and Djax and would have to say driver right now. Just not enough info on how much DJax will play. Driver has a decent matchup and on MNF he should find room to roam and be ok. DJax can go either way and I haven't time yet to scour the papers from SEA to see what I can get from there. They say they will ease him back in and JJ will still see significant time. But it seems to me if that were totally true then JJ would start and DJax would come in as needed on certain plays. However that's not what's happening. DJax is starting. He was rumored to be ready last week but they opted to wait one more until this week. So I'm kinda thinking he's really ready and will have a good game. It's just that these games for FF owners are the big ones and no time to take a flier on a guy. I have him too and just am in agony over to start him or JJ. I hate to leave a player of his caliber on the bench only to watch him bust out 2 TDs and 80-100 yards on a crappy SF defense. But I also don't need him catching 3 balls for 30 yards and no scores while JJ goes 5/70 and a score.

Very tough decision there so I will side with Driver whom we know is starting and is the primary target for one of the best in the busness in Favre. If I can find anything definitive on DJax, I'll be sure to post back.

At R I'd go Barber or Taylor. Because GB isn't great at the run and Taylor looks to be getting the majority of the snaps, I'll give the edge to him.

Good Luck!

First time poster, long time reader.  Normally very decisive on these things but I'm in a bind this week and would appreciate a second opinion.  Need to start 2 of the following:

Moats

Foster

Gado

McGahee

Am leaning towards going with Foster for sure but am torn between Gado and Moats.  Gut says Moats, but head says Gado.  McGahee seems spent.  Any advice?

1219670[/snapback]

Forget willis, he's a bust this year. Start Foster and Moats. Moats has a great matchup and should deliver. STL gives it up in big piecves and Moats has a good chance at not only getting decent yards, but breaking a big one on top of that. I think he breaks 100 and scores at least 1.

Gado is solid as well and wouldn't be a bad choice, but I'll lean towards Moats this week against the weaker opponent.

Good Luck!