[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

You have already helped me in one league now I need help in the other.  I am not required to play a te

1 pt for every 20 yards

1 pt for every 3 catches

pick 3

Joe Horn Vs Car

Alge Crumpler @ Chi

Robert Ferguson @ Bal

Deion Branch Vs TB

Ernest Wilford Vs SF

1216346[/snapback]

Crumpler, Branch and Wilford. From your list and in your scoring options, those give you the best chance for points. Crumpler will be leaned on heavily against the Bears defense and he's a nig target with solid hands. Branch is Brady's main target and the only really healthy guy they have. I know Givens is back, but that will only help loosen things up for Branch. And Wilford just has too good of a matchup to pass up compared to your other options.

Horn has done nothing this year and now has Bouman throwing him the ball and Fergie is ok, but the other options are better, IMO.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey REW,

Would you drop either Bledsoe or Favre in a redraft league to pick up Garrard?

We have a performance league that is determined by total points. Weget points for recetions, completions and rushes, minuses for IN and FUM. Bonus for over 100 yrds rushing, 300 passing.

I am in third, knocking on second.

My QBs are (start 2, can only have one on the bench):

QB and next 3 opponents

Warner: HOU, PHI, IND

Favre: BAL, CHI, SEA

Bledsoe: WAS, CAR, STL

Garrard: SF, HOU, TEN

On paper it looks like dropping Favre(!) and picking up Garrard may be a good move. What do you think??

Hey REW,

Would you drop either Bledsoe or Favre in a redraft league to pick up Garrard?

We have a performance league that is determined by total points. Weget points for recetions, completions and rushes, minuses for IN and FUM. Bonus for over 100 yrds rushing, 300 passing.

I am in third, knocking on second.

My QBs are (start 2, can only have one on the bench):

QB and next 3 opponents

Warner: HOU, PHI, IND

Favre: BAL, CHI, SEA

Bledsoe: WAS, CAR, STL

Garrard: SF, HOU, TEN

On paper it looks like dropping Favre(!) and picking up Garrard may be a good move. What do you think??

1216421[/snapback]

Yeah I like that move. Great matchups against cupcakes and Favre's matchups are difficult. Garrard would be a solid addition to your squad.

Good Luck!

Hey REW,

Who do I start RB this week? Corey Dillon or DeShaun Foster? I have Edge of course he will be starting.

WR- Will def. start Steve Smith & Anquan Boldin.

Undecided - TJ Houshmanzedah or Joey Galloway

My QB's are Matt Hasselbeck, Trent Green, and Eli Manning. Who do you think this week.

I am leaning toward Hasselbeck against Tenn.

Hey Rew,

Standard scoring league - semi-finals in playoffs

Starters:

Brady, Tom QB NE TB

Foster, DeShaun RB CAR @NO

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD @IND

Burress, Plaxico WR NYG KC

Galloway, Joey WR TB @NE 7

Harrison, Marvin WR IND SD

Cooley, Chris TE WAS DAL

Vanderjagt, Mike K IND SD

Bengals, DST DST CIN @DET

Reserves:

Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL @WAS

Garrard, David QB JAC SF

Rhodes, Dominic RB IND

Taylor, Chester RB BAL

Evans, Lee WR BUF

Smith, L.J. TE PHI

1) Brady is questionable for the first time all season and in an obviously very important game for me. I just dropped Kevin Jones to pick up Garrard. How do you think Garrard will do against San Francisco and should I start him ahead of Brady? Or the unthinkable and put Bledsoe in vs. Washington?

2) Also, Tomlinson and Foster are on the injury report - should I be worried about those guys?

3) Vanderjagt is probable - should I pick up a kicker like Shayne Graham who is on waivers? Rackers is on waivers too but he is probable as well. What do you think?

standard scoring league

Thanks man.

1216399[/snapback]

Garrard is a solid pickup this week and I would start him over Brady. There's talk Brady may not play. And even though I expect a good game from Bledsoe, Garrard plays SF and you and me could score on them. DG is a solid play this week.

I would monitor Foster and wouldn't worry about LT. No way he misses playing Indy.

Vandy will play and he's solid this week.

Good Luck.

Hey REW,

Who do I start RB this week? Corey Dillon or DeShaun Foster? I have Edge of course he will be starting.

WR- Will def. start Steve Smith & Anquan Boldin.

Undecided - TJ Houshmanzedah or Joey Galloway

My QB's are Matt Hasselbeck, Trent Green, and Eli Manning. Who do you think this week.

I am leaning toward Hasselbeck against Tenn.

1216438[/snapback]

If Foster is healthy and definitley playing, then his matchup calls for him to be a must start. else you have to go with Dillon. But of the 2 I like Foster if he plays.

AT WR go with Housh. He's as solid as they come. Productive and takes advantage of the double teams thrown Chad's way.

At QB - Go with Hass. Great matchup and will throw all over them this week. Goood week to start Hass.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

Need one to go beside C. Johnson.

R.smith @ Buff

L.evans vs Den

A.Johnson vs Ari

D.Jackson@Ten

1216731[/snapback]

I'm going to say Johnson. ARZ is going to foocus on stopping DD and force carr to throw. He'll have to throw to AJ. Johnson should be able to find some room against that defense and possibly score. DJax is going to be limited and you just don't know what to expect. I have him too and am leery of giving him the start. There's a QB change in BUF and that could affect Evans' numbers with Holcomb in there. I can see KH looking for Moulds and Evans being left out this week. I like Rod Smith this week, but think Johnson is the better play against ARZ.

Good Luck!

Rew

QB:

Warner vs HOU

RB:

LT vs IND

Steven Jackson vs PHIL  or  Moats vs STL

WR:

C. Johnson vs DET

S. Smith vs NO

T. Glenn vs WAS    or  K. Robinson vs PITT    or    Evans vs DEN

K

Akers vs STL

D

Atlanta vs CHI    or    Seattle vs TEN

Thanks in advance for your help.

T

1216955[/snapback]

RB - Moats. SJax has struggled and without a solid, consistent passing game, teams can load up to stop the run and sit bacl and let Fitz throw INTs. Moats will be just fine against a STL team that can't stop anyone.

WR - Stick with Glenn, he's poised for another big game with 2, maybe 3, starting CBs out for WAS. Bledsoe will find him plenty.

DEF - SEA is the clear choice here. ATL had trouble stopping NO until No finally had no choice but to throw and ATL could adjust and focus on taking that away because NO couldn't run being so far behind. In the first half NO ran the ball well and ATL couldn't stop it. It was the NO defense that cause NO to fall so far behind in that game more than the ATL defense posed problems. And the SEA defense has allowed 3 points in 2 weeks. Their opponent this week doesn't pose much of a test either.

Good Luck!

Helloo Rew....

Our league does not have playoffs...we play all 17 weeks...winner is best overall record. I am currently 1.5 games out of first with 3 teams to jump over. Two of those teams I play this week and next....so this is a critical game for me.

As always this year, I seem to have a dilemma as to whom to start at RB#2 and WR#2. This week, my choice are:

RB: Lamont Jordon at CLE or my recent FA acquisition Ryan Moats at STL. Alexander starts in the other spot of course. I wanted to go with Jordon, but I don't know if I trust him and Moats matchup is better. Moats on the otherhand is not really a proven commodity. Not sure what to do on this one.

WR: Chris Chambers vs NYJ or Armani Toomer vs KC.....Chad Johnson starts in the other spot. Chambers has been really hot, but the Jets are a tougher D then what he has seen in the 2 prior games and in his last matchup with the Jets, he was shutdown. Toomer is the 4th or 5th choice for Manning against a poor pass defense. I was leaning towards Chambers...mostly because he is the #1 receiver in that offense and should get the most looks and he is hot right now.

Our league is, for the most part, touchdown scoring with some pity points thrown in for high yardage or big plays. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

dang rew, up to date on your ?'s..

well heres a quickie..

---

if i sit LT..i will put Marvin Harrison at WR instead of Housh..

so

im stuck on LT if i decide to sit him..who else to go in for him?

Rudi Johnson vs DET

Lamont Jordan vs CLE

or

Domanick Davis vs ARI

Scoring:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving..

6 pts per TD

Pick 1 RB:

Jackson vs PHI

Moats vs STL

Foster vs NO

Parker vs MIN

Pick 1 WR:

KRob vs PIT

S. Parker vs NYG

Wilford vs SF

R. Brown vs STL

Thanks.

1217387[/snapback]

Ok, ready for this? I'm going to say Moats and Brown if you are swinging for the fences. The health of Foster is a big question to me. If he plays, which I think he will, then his matchup is really good. But so is Moats'. STL has a lot of trouble stopping anyone either running or passing. He gained over 100 last week on 11 carries and I think he can do that again this week on another 11 carries. He's not going to get the ball 20-25 times, but when he does get it, he's a threat to score. Foster is the safer play and will probably put up good numbers on a beaten down Saints team. He practiced to day and is probable. But if you can afford to take a small chance, I think Moats will pay off big time. If I had Moats, instead I must face him, I would start him.

At WR I'm between Wilford and Brown. All 4 are question marks as to how much they'll be used or if they'll score. But those 2 have solid matchups and could very easily find the endzone. Again, pesonally I would start Brown. I have him on my team and right now I am agonizing over him, DJax and Jurevicius. I can easily see Brown getting 100 and a score. Again, Wilford is probably the safer play. He's a got a better QB getting him the ball and one who's more mobile and make things happen. Wilford is a good play if he can find the endzone, but I think Reggie has more yards. wanna go safe? Go Wilford. Feel like taking a chance and possibly reaping great rewards? Go Brown.

I'll post back when I have finally made my decision on Brown. If JJ hadn't been as productive as he has, I wouldn't hesitate to start Brown this week. great, great matchup.

Good Luck!

I need some serious help at QB!

My current options are:

Favre @ Baltimore

B. Johnson vs. Steelers (in dome)

A. Brooks vs. Panthers (in Baton Rouge)

Here is scoring for QB's:

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaCmp - Passing Completion 1 point

PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points

PaTD - Passing TD 6 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = 1 point for every 10 PaYds

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 200+ PaYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 250+ PaYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

The rest of my team is in my sigline.  Basically I need about 200-220 yd passer with at least a TD or 2.  Some notables that are Free Agents are:

Kyle Boller, David Carr, David Garrard, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Big Ben...should I roll the dice with one of these...although I'm not sure any of them give me more than what I already have.

Opinions/ Thoughts please

1214111[/snapback]

Another Richmond boy in the house! Glad to have you along...

This isn't as hard as it may seem. First Brooks has been benched so you can drop him and grab Garrard. Then you can leave Johnson on the bench. Things will not be easy for him this week against PIT. Blitz, blitz, blitz and then there's that Polamalu kid. You don't want any of that. So you are down to Favre and Garrard. Favre plays well on MNF, but garrard has the way better matchup. Got to give the nod to Garrard here. Sf is awful on the road and he has 3 very good WRs to throw to. However based upon what you say you need, I think both Favre and Garrard will have 200-220 and a score each. Garrard may be able to run one him self and there's the edge.

Good Luck!

WDIS? Need 2

L.Jordan vs. Cle----Great all year, slowed down, would you think about benching him?

Gado vs. Balt----on a hot streak, can't bench?

T.Jones vs. Atl----will definitely get his carries against weak run def.

Caddy vs. NE-----ran over Car good def last week, can he do it again?

Thanks alot!

1217576[/snapback]

well that's a nice problem to have. You have some solid choices there. First I would start Jones against ATL. At home in some nasty weather CHI will want to run as much as possible to control the clock and keep Vick and Co. off the field. Plus ATL defense had trouble stopping Stecker and Smith, Jones should be able to do some damage.

Then I say Jordan. He's got to bounce back this week. With Collins back, the Browns are going to have to respect the long ball. That coupled with they have had struggled lately against the run, should open thngs up a bit for Jordan to run. He should get back on track and find the endzone as well as pile up some good yards both on the ground and through the air.

No one could fault you though for going Gado and Caddy. I just like the matchups the other 2 have and the potential for big games.

Good Luck!

Helloo Rew....

Our league does not have playoffs...we play all 17 weeks...winner is best overall record. I am currently 1.5 games out of first with 3 teams to jump over. Two of those teams I play this week and next....so this is a critical game for me.

As always this year, I seem to have a dilemma as to whom to start at RB#2 and WR#2. This week, my choice are:

RB: Lamont Jordon at CLE or my recent FA acquisition Ryan Moats at STL.  Alexander starts in the other spot of course.  I wanted to go with Jordon, but I don't know if I trust him and Moats matchup is better. Moats on the otherhand is not really a proven commodity. Not sure what to do on this one.

WR: Chris Chambers vs NYJ or Armani Toomer vs KC.....Chad Johnson starts in the other spot. Chambers has been really hot, but the Jets are a tougher D then what he has seen in the 2 prior games and in his last matchup with the Jets, he was shutdown. Toomer is the 4th or 5th choice for Manning against a poor pass defense. I was leaning towards Chambers...mostly because he is the #1 receiver in that offense and should get the most looks and he is hot right now.

Our league is, for the most part, touchdown scoring with some pity points thrown in for high yardage or big plays. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

1217656[/snapback]

As much as I like Moats this week, I have to side with Jordan. He's going to get more touches on the ground and through the air. That should equate to more production. I think Moats can make the most of his 10-15 touches but a few stumbles and his numbers will reflect that. Jordan should get back on track this week with Collins back at QB. See the above post on Jordan. I can easily see him having over 100 combined at a score, maybe 2.

At WR I think you have to ride the hotter hand in Chambers this week. Toomer is down on list of options for Eli while CC is the first guy looked for. The Jets are still the Jets and chambers has been playing better than he was towards the beginning of the season. I think CC will be solid this week and is a good play for you over Toomer.

Good Luck!

dang rew, up to date on your ?'s..

well heres a quickie..

---

if i sit LT..i will put Marvin Harrison at WR instead of Housh..

so

im stuck on LT if i decide to sit him..who else to go in for him?

Rudi Johnson vs DET

Lamont Jordan vs CLE

or

Domanick Davis vs ARI

Scoring:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving..

6 pts per TD

1217663[/snapback]

Ok, if you sit LT, which I wouldn't, then you should start Rudi. He's been running wild and has another good matchup this week. Detroit is awful and they won't be able to stop Rudi while they are chasing CJ and Housh around all day. This could get ugly quick and they will control the ball by using Rudi more. I just cannot advocate sitting LT at this point in the season. No way he doesn't show up for this game with a chance to ruin the dream season of Indy.

Good Luck!

I know it's kickers but they score a ton of points in my league

WDIS

Reed (PIT) vs MIN (Dome)

Feely (NYG) vs KC (Outside)

Thanks for the help

1217668[/snapback]

Kickers are just as important as any other player. They can win you games, they can lose you games. Two weeks ago I started Akers against SEA and got bupkus and lost. Had I started Scobbe, I would have had the points I needed and won. So I am with you, at least in my league, they play an important role.

So all that said I would go with Feely. Both should have decent days, but NYG are going to need all the points they can get to keep up with Larry and the boys from KC. He struggled a bit a few weeks ago, but he's been better and will have plenty of opportunities to kick FGs and PATs this week. Feely is your man. I can see double digit points for him this week.

Good Luck!

REW, it's semifinals time. I have Chad Johnson and I need to start two of the following WR's with him, I'm leaning toward Engram & Jackson. What do you think?

Bobby Engram @ Tenn

Darrell Jackson @ Tenn

Antonio Bryant @ Oak

Drew Bennett vs Sea

Ernest Wilford vs SF

Koren Robinson vs Pitt

Thanks in advance!!