[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

world baseball classic

whitem0nkey

just seeing if any ine is going to watch it?

im looking forward to it, and hoping for no injuries for any player.

here is the site for the league Link

some stories that have developed.

U.S. denies Cuban team place in World Baseball Classic

:D to US and MLB on messing this up. politics should stay away from sports.

and the gay rod story.

this should be a fun tournament.

ill be watching it, but i dont think it will be very exciting...they got rules like little league when it come to play time and pitch counts...i heard 60 pitches max? i know its spring training for these guys but sheesh, should have in inthe middle of the season like the olympics with the NHL

I think A Rod made a good decision not to play in the WBC. He said he didnt want to dishonor either country by playing for the other. At least he has some brains.

1226639[/snapback]

He was born in Queens, NY. By not playing I think he disrespects the USA. I personally don't care either way, but America was the place that made him a quarter of a billion dollars (excluding all endorsements). The guy's so politically correct that he makes me sick, but on the diamond, he's amazing.

March Madness and WBC are at the same time. :doah:

its going to follow directly after the World Cup. THe World Cup is such a well done international tournament, and than with the WBC following on its heels, its just going to make that look worse. Even though America isnt a soccer nation the World Cup still draws considerable interest here. Because of that I think the WBC will just pale in comparison.

March Madness and WBC are at the same time.  :doah:

its going to follow directly after the World Cup. THe World Cup is such a well done international tournament, and than with the WBC following on its heels, its just going to make that look worse. Even though America isnt a soccer nation the World Cup still draws considerable interest here. Because of that I think the WBC will just pale in comparison.

1226777[/snapback]

What does that mean? The WBC isn't following the World Cup. The baseball tourney is in March, the World Cup is in June & July.

It should be a good tourney. Since its the first, I'd imagine there will be some problems and issues that'll be corrected in future events, but I'm looking forward to it.

What does that mean?  The WBC isn't following the World Cup.  The baseball tourney is in March, the World Cup is in June & July.

1227283[/snapback]

your right,

a month after the super bowl we got some nice events.

and we got Olympic winter games Feb 10-16 I must have mixed them up.

we got the WBC March 3rd - march 20th 2006.

NCAA First Round Begins: March 16

and now baseball starts ....

world cup is june 2006 to July 9th. Link

wow 2006 should be a great year....and my bears are still in it.

It's an interesting idea, but I think it would be better suited for the Olympics. I'd rather see my team's players in Spring Training in March (that is their job, after all). And unless MLB wants to shorten its schedule by a month, I would prefer that my pitchers not put those extra innings on their arms. A lack of participation by Cuba would make it even more of a waste of time.

MLB seems to be pushing hard to expand franchises to markets far away (South America, Japan, etc.), but it's just not going to happen unless they shorten their regular-season schedule. There's just too much traveling involved.

• 2 weeks later...