[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The end of MNF

BigTen

I won't.

I'm too young to recall the TRUE glory days of MNF - I only vaguely remember Cosell and Dandy Don - but it's clearly nowhere near the event it had been in the past. I think it's a missed opportunity, actually; aside from the games being this or that, two of the biggest mistakes were hiring Dennis Miller and promptly de-balling him and not throwing über-neocon Limbaugh in there with him. I think you can tell those guys "rip away, just don't get too political" and it would've been HIGHLY entertaining. Leave Al Michaels in there to call the action, and get rid of that fat blob Madden.

1237647[/snapback]

I am old enuff to remember MNF from it's beginning. Dandy Don was a joke. Cosell knew his stuff but was sooo abrasive w/ it you had to hate him. The Miller experiment was stoopid.

i'm looking forward to a new crew, w/ new objectives, and a fresh look. I watched MNF for the GAME, not the idiots they had telling me what I already saw! JMHO

The last MNF, and the chat room still isn't drawing a crowd? Where are you people?

1237654[/snapback]

NOD!!! I wasn't there last nite, due to my Flu thingee! But,I agree! Been there during good games and it's like Big J., Atomic, Wiegie, Me, czar and Bunz!!!

Echo......Where are you people???? :D

The Monday Night crew will be Al Michaels, Joe Theisman, and someone to be named later with Michelle Tafoya on the sidelines.

God, I can't believe they gave f'n Theisman the MNF gig. All I can hope for is Maguire isn't the person to be named later.

1238681[/snapback]

Please tell me you're kidding! :D MNF has been stale for years. Getting some new announcers--Yes, I'm sick of Al Michaels--would help a lot. I'm also sick of Theisman. Can't these television "geniuses" find some fresh faces?

Please tell me you're kidding! :D  MNF has been stale for years.  Getting some new announcers--Yes, I'm sick of Al Michaels--would help a lot.  I'm also sick of Theisman.  Can't these television "geniuses" find some fresh faces?

1239112[/snapback]

Who would you replace Michaels with? He doesn't scream and shout hysterically, he doesn't go on and on without drawing a breath, he knows his stuff, he can laugh at himself and he's smart. That just narrowed his competition to a field of none.

Who would you replace Michaels with?  He doesn't scream and shout hysterically, he doesn't go on and on without drawing a breath, he knows his stuff, he can laugh at himself and he's smart.  That just narrowed his competition to a field of none.

1239118[/snapback]

Cris Collinsworth; I'd like to see Jaws do play-by-play, I think he'd show what an articulate person who knows the game can do; I also like Moose Johnston (even though he and Collinsworth are color men, they seem like they could handle play-by-play reasonably well).

Cris Collinsworth; I'd like to see Jaws do play-by-play, I think he'd show what an articulate person who knows the game can do; I also like Moose Johnston (even though he and Collinsworth are color men, they seem like they could handle play-by-play reasonably well).

1239137[/snapback]

I would like to see Michaels and one or two of those. Someone competent that cares more about the game than drawing attention to himself would be nice. I wouldn't mind Fouts as well.

I would like to see Michaels and one or two of those. Someone competent that cares more about the game than drawing attention to himself would be nice. I wouldn't mind Fouts as well.

1239361[/snapback]

Good info here. Fouts used to see stuff and comment on it that was always insightful.

1239137[/snapback]

Though it doesn't mean they wouldn't be good, they do have the benefit of watching game tapes over & over before actually reporting on it.

Though it doesn't mean they wouldn't be good, they do have the benefit of watching game tapes over & over before actually reporting on it.

1239881[/snapback]

Jaws does, yes. Moose and Collinsworth were part of a 3-man booth with Stockton.

I'm on record, and let me go on record again. If those assfastic moron a-holes on SNF get the MNF contract, I'm going straight to prison for triple homicide. Let it be known.

carry on. that is all.

edit:

although if you ask me, i'd be acquitted for "justifiable homicide"

Edited by LooGie

The Monday Night crew will be Al Michaels, Joe Theisman, and someone to be named later with Michelle Tafoya on the sidelines.

God, I can't believe they gave f'n Theisman the MNF gig. All I can hope for is Maguire isn't the person to be named later.

1238681[/snapback]

This is the worst news I've heard. Anyone but Joe Theisman. I can't stand to listen to him. :D

Who would you replace Michaels with?  He doesn't scream and shout hysterically, he doesn't go on and on without drawing a breath, he knows his stuff, he can laugh at himself and he's smart.  That just narrowed his competition to a field of none.

1239118[/snapback]

you got to be kidding. he's terrible. TERRIBLE. i'd get...oh....MADDEN?!? Madden is bar none, the best BEST tv announcer in the business today. w/o a doubt.

i used to hate Madden, but after I got Sirius and listened to him on his weekly spot, he's not stupid, in fact, he's a football genius. He just dumbs himself down for the MNF spot, but I've noticed he's gotten better. Now, he talks about why they choose running plays at certain downs/yards needed and yatta yatta.

the SNF crew deservest to be shot. I'm so mad I can't even see straight.

:D:D:D:D:D (we really need an emoticon of a smiley blowing his freaking brains out)

Forget who the announcers are for every game, perhaps they advertise different gimmicks for each week.

Have Ludacris or OJ or Jessica Simpson cameo with whoever the 'experts' in the booth are.

Or better yet, one week, install mics on 5 players on each side. Then on one series open the mic for one player only, next series open the mic for another player, etc. Hell, even with the 'ocassional' bleeps, its gotta be more fun!

Rerun a particular play in the first half and have the public leave voice messgaes on the funniest 'caption' should be for the clip. Then replay the funniest messages in additoon to the clip.

Ok, maybe these arent great, but they gotta try to freshen up and make it edgy somehow.

(Edit: And when I say open the mic of a player, I also mean shut the mic of the announcers...for a whole series! I wanna hear everytrhing the player says...even the silence. Then again, we'd get..."And the silence of Javon Walker brought to you by Verizon"...ahhh geez)

Edited by Joessfl